1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Lifeflow and Babies

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by MICKG, Mar 31, 2013.

1. MICKG

MICKG Member

Hi everyone, my daughter has had twins (Boy and a Girl) four month ago and we are having problems getting them both into a state of calm, can anyone advise?
    I have read some posts on children and Lifeflow and the posts offered have helped a little but the post does not mention babies. Does anyone know if lifeflow can be used to calm and help babies to relax and sleep? The concerns are whether Lifeflow would help or harm?

Regards Mick

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Mick,

congratulations on the birth of your new family members. I'm sure taking care of twins can be both magical and tiring. If your daughter is used to meditating or relaxing a little each day with LifeFlow, she will benefit from the peace and calm in her own life and the babies will benefit from this also.

In my own experience, my grandson aged 11 years and grandaughter aged 9 years have gone to sleep listening to LifeFlow for almost 6 years now. My daughter switches it off once they are asleep so they can go through their natural sleep cycles.

Our latest grandson is 5 months. Classical Magic has been played a little each day for his benefit from before and after he was born to help settle him.

Some classical music on it's own can be helpful if your daughter prefers. I would choose baroque pieces that play 60 beats per minute or gentle lullaby's.

I hope this helps and wish you, your daughter and twins an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

3. MICKG

MICKG Member

Babies and Lifeflow

Thanks Pollyanna, it has been a while since I last posted re Lifeflow and babies. After taking your advice with the music we have not used lifeflow but we have been trialing some meditation sound which are having the desired affect. The sound is of whales, sea sounds and rainfall. She plays the music for most of the night as soft back ground music.
    The babies are having a more peaceful and lengthy night’s sleep which is obviously helping my daughter and her husband. We are monitoring the progress but everything is calm in the nursery. Maybe as they grow we can look at Lifeflow but it at what age?
    Thanks once again, Mickg

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Mickg,

glad to hear everything is calm in the nursery :)

I believe entrainment is safe to play for all ages. People with seizure disorders or other serious medical conditions are always advised to consult with their health care provider before using entrainment.

Personally, all of my family have benefitted from LifeFlow for more than 6 years and our latest little Grandson who will be 9 months on the 15th of July has listened from before birth until now. He is such a happy little soul and of course I cannot suggest this is due to LifeFlow. My other grandchildren have used it for years though. They even insist on taking it with them on Holiday to play when they go to sleep :)

Here's a link to a post where LifeFlow helped in the delivery room:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...es/1153-life-flow-delivery-room.html#post5194

Here's a link you may find useful to:-

A Study of Brainwave Entrainment

http://ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/cis/article/viewFile/1793/1702

Hope this helps and wish you continued peace and joy in the nursery :) :) :)