1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Lifeflow 1

Discussion in 'Your Suggestions' started by Issa, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Issa

Issa Member

The does anyone else find Lifeflow 1 creepy? I just downloaded it and find the whale sounds to be unsettling. And, I was really looking forward to getting LF1!

Are there any other versions of LF1?

2. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

I too find those animal sounds disturbing. But then again, LF1 is my "hated" track. If you read the archives here, you will find that it is quite common for people to have one track they particularly hate and/or one they particularly love. This says more about the person than the track, I think: My "loved" track is LF8, which is possibly the most frequently hated of them all. LF9 also takes a bit of flak, even though it sounds to me very bland. So you see, it is not particular to LF1.

Even though I am not personally fond of the whale sounds, I realize that with a deep delta track, it may be a good idea to have something like this to keep me from falling asleep. In fact, I am more likely to drift off with LF2 than with LF1, even though the last one is deeper. So in that regard it is a success.

I recommend giving it some time, and using the previous track some of the time (like every other day, or even more often). It is quite common to see people enjoy a track they disliked when they first heard it.

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Issa, it's around 3 years ago that curiosity got the better of me when I first began LifeFlow - I had a quick listen to all the soundscapes and thought both LF7 and LF1 sounded quite scary - surprizingly they are now 2 of my favourite tracks :)

Try not to focus on the whales and notice if you feel any sensations that you can observe (but don't try to find any)

If you don't get used to it, maybe you could try one of the gamma tracks which you get free once you have gone through the LF series - I love Nirvana :)

You'll probably be surprised after using the series, how much you still enjoy LF10, LF9 etc.

Let us know how you go on - wishing you continued peace and joy :) :) :)

P.S. Don't forget the free "Midnight Express" track too - excellent track and deeply relaxing - well done on your commitment and I'm so glad you sleep well now :)

4. mperrotin

mperrotin Member

liked lifeflow8

Hi all,
    I was surprised to read that lifeflow 8 is supposedly disliked by many.
    I like it very much!!!
    It is reassuring to read of people who have been meditating with lifeflow for 3 years of more.
    Does it enhance your overall cosnsciousness?

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there mperrotin, yes it definately does for me - meditating with LifeFlow has enhanced my life in truly tremendous ways. I feel so much more aware of everything and others (it's difficult to describe a thousand things which I have become so much more aware and conscious of) I wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

And then some !!!! :)

7. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Of course, a higher consciousness leads to changes in life and changes in interests, which again are likely to raise your consciousness further. So it is hard to say how much actually comes from meditating with LifeFlow. But it is certainly an easy (and usually pleasant) way to get this spiral started.

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

Quite true Itlandm ! But I also think that going in new directions like that is also aided by LifeFlow meditation.
    Meditation made me interested in the concept of enlightenment, which brought me to Advaita Vedanta. I would never have looked for Advaita if I hadn't taken up meditation, and if I had, Advaita would never have made so much sense if I hadn't known how to meditate. LifeFlow also helped prepare my brain for the changes, I am positive of that.

It is like a cumulative effect. One doesn't rule out the other, instead, they seem to compliment each other.

For me, ever since I started meditation in 2007, my whole life has changed immensely, not in terms of having big changes in life, but more in my perspective of life itself, and how I experience it.

9. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

Preference for Certain Tracks

I was one of the big loudmouths moaning about hating Track 8. Quite possibly, I was the biggest, most annoying whining thing ever found on this site. I've been all the way through the series now, and guess what? When I went back and listened to Track 8, I couldn't figure out what the heck I used to hate about it! So I'll bet any discomfort you feel with Track 1 will go away eventually.

10. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Not so WeeHoo, I have enjoyed reading many of your posts :) We're all entitled to our opinions and it's amazing to realise how much they can change and to not be stuck with rigid belief systems that hold us back from becoming the best we can be.

I wish you continued peace and joy on your amazing journey of self discovery :) :) :)

11. era1213

era1213 Guest

Hi, I am a newbie in this site and honestly I have been enjoying reading the posts, I am learining a lot, I am also a newbie in LOA, so far life is much easier and lovelier :)