1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Life Flow Question

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Anita, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Anita

Anita Member

I'm Life Flow newbie and would love to hear from the veterans. Do I listen to this while sitting or lying down as I would in other meditation? I want to put on head phones and do things around the house or read, but only if it's effective. Otherwise, I will plan 40 minutes daily (!) if that's what it takes. Thanks

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Anita, you definately need to set 40 minutes aside. Sit or lie down - whichever you are more comfortable with. I fit this into my busy work schedule everyday. This is my special time and also I am much more productive because of doing this. Enjoy! I wish you happiness and joy on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)

3. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Hi.
    I don't usually have time to do the full 40 minutes.
    Would it make that much of a difference if i only did 20 minutes?

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

It's always better than nothing !
    Even if you only have time for just 10 minutes, it's still meditation !

However, LifeFlow takes about 10 minutes to start working on your brain, so that means with 10 minutes you only just receive the benefits when you stop.
    With 20 minutes, you get 10 minutes of real meditation, and it goes on like that.

That's why LifeFlow takes 40 minutes: so you get 30 minutes of real meditation.
    Try to allow yourself the time. You can also have 2 sessions a day, just be sure to add 10 minutes to your meditation time every time you meditate, and take at least 2 extra minutes to relax and "wake up" after every session.

But if you really don't have the time and only meditate 10 minutes a day: Don't feel guilty, feel happy you at least got to meditate 10 minutes a day :)

5. Hirinaki

Hirinaki Member

Thank you very much Edwin for this helpful answer. I meditate for 20 min at the moment. It encourages me to try for a longer time.

6. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

:) thats good advice.
    Thanks

7. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

Edwin, you're becoming a little guru of all this meditation stuff now! :D

Great advice by the way!

Michael :)