1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

life flow for those who cant afford it

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by flossie, Apr 25, 2009.

1. flossie

flossie Member

Dear All

I just want to start this by saying that this thread is not meant to cause any offence and I am not attacking or judging anyone, I am just trying to decide, with my limited funds if I should invest in this. Over the last few years i have tried everything to get over a relationship breakup that left me devestated both financially and emotionally. I have managed to claw my way back from financial ruin but nothing i seem to do helps get rid of the emotional longing for the love and the relationship i had. Anyway, i did go to some mediatation classes and saw a huge difference in a friend who meditate regularly. anyway to cut such a long story short i guess i have got a bit tired of spending money on things that are going to 'help' only to find that they dont really. i guess my question is, what about those people who are not able to afford life flow, if it really is life changing then what about the opportunity for them (i do not put myself in this position as i could afford it so not talking about myself). everyone talks about it being the path to a new life etc etc but if this is so there are so many people who could benefit. like i said, i am not attacking, its just a question i have and wondered if anyone could help me think things through a bit.

I hope i have not caused any offence especially to you micheal as i think the site is great.

Cheers

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Flossie, I can answer this one :)

As you might know from several of my posts, I have been struggling in the past to get my company back on track, and I have been in financial troubles as a result of that for quite some time now.

Michael has been extremely generous with me in searching a solution for me, without my asking for it even.
    I have heard of others who were in similar situations who have been helped by the PM team just like me. I am quite sure that in some cases, Michael didn't even make a profit from it, which is even a bit concerning knowing that the product is, well, cheap compared to other entrainment products out there, and he has a whole team to pay, as well as make a living from this.
    His efforts, as in my case, have been genuine efforts to help me out, not a hidden sales technique or anything. He is a wonderfull person in my book.

3. flossie

flossie Member

Thanks so much for the reply Edwin, its so good to know that there is someone genuine out there who is not trying to make some money out of all of this. really seriously thinking of getting it...am working in Sierra Leone at the moment and have time and space to really concentrate on it all so may be the right time

thanks again

April

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

LOL NOOOOOOOO that's not what I meant ! I sure hope that Michael and his team ARE making money from all this ! He made his passion a way to make a living !

I just wanted to make clear that he is a trooper in making his product available to those in need, even when it means not making a profit.

5. Inedible

Inedible Member

It wouldn't be that difficult to set something up to take donations. The other part would be to set up a waiting list. When however many dollars builds up someone gets another level.

6. Grey

Grey Member

also keep in mind he gives away his meditation lessons that others like the TM group charge thousands of dollars for you to learn. there is not trick and no catch to this. he gives away the life flow sample track that is fully functional and usable as is for meditation. there is no talking on it and no testimonials or other sales pitches to interrupt its effectiveness as is on the samples of other companies.

a person could use nothing but these completely free tools to transform their life. these are free to all except to Michael who had to pay to develop and produce them then to host them online. i think people often forget that he pays for all these things he gives away to others for free.

7. Ras

Ras Member

To anyone holding back becuase of the big investment, try and contact the support team and hear if maybe you can just buy lifeflow 10. I am sure they can help out fast ;) I got a nice fast reply when i wanted to buy an other level without binding me to the whole program

And yeah the meditation lesson in itself is pretty awesome imo.

Actually when this forum first opend michael did try to get as many people as posible to try the product by offering different ways of earning points toward a new level of lifeflow...but i guess he simply didnt earn any money so he had to change it.

One thing that would no doubt increase his sales would be a re-make of the front page ;) that thing just screams scam hehe

8. sage dweller

sage dweller Member

Hi flossie. When you said "It's so good to know that there is someone genuine out there who is not trying to make money out of all of this" I think what you meant is you're glad there's someone out there who is not just trying to pull another scam.

Like you, I've seen so many worthless offers that I am very cautious. I ordered the free Discover Meditation course six months ago. Life got in the way and I put my decision to purchase off for many months. I couldn't believe how enormously effective the free course is. Anyone who feels they can't afford LifeFlow owes it to themselves to order the free course and see what it can do for them. Seldom do we see a "free gift" as valuable and helpful.

I didn't think I could afford LifeFlow, but worked it into the budget anyway. It is helping me to lower my blood pressure, gain clarity, insight, and peace.

9. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

If you are in doubt about whether LifeFlow will help you in your meditation practice, you should download the free sample and set your media player to repeat for 40 minutes, then you basically have a free level of LifeFlow. Try it with a headphone and with loudspeakers and see which works best for you. It is free, after all, so use it for as long as you want.

10. Edwin

Edwin Member

Maybe we should make a sales pitch for him, to repay him for all he has given us so far :cool: We can use our own testimonials !

11. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

There is also something to be said for paying for something.
    Paying is committing. Making a commitment to LifeFlow helps one keep to it. LifeFlow is work, commitment as well as emotionally taxing for some of us.

I've been around here for nearly a year. There have been many people come and go in that time. Some may go and continue to use LF and come back, as I did, for a couple months. I suspect however, that many that go do not continue to use LF because it can be taxing at time and takes a great deal of nerve at other times. Time must be set aside for LF; every day. Many are not disciplined enough for this.
    Don't get me wrong. I think LF is wonderful. It has changed my life in so many ways. But it is not JUST a rosy picture.
    This is precisely why I think those that have the where-with-all should pay for it. In most cases it needs the proper commitment from the individual to be completely effective.
    This is just my take and there are exceptions to the rule as well. I know there are those out there who can commit to something as life changing as LF without paying for it. However, without payment it could be conceived as worth-less in some peoples eyes and therefor cast aside.

gus

12. Inedible

Inedible Member

Personally I have no intention of paying for LifeFlow. There is something else I'm using and I enjoy it far more than the sample of LifeFlow - more than the deeper sample that you can request, too, if you have a lot of experience with meditation. At the same time I wouldn't mind kicking in a couple of dollars from time to time to help people who want LifeFlow and can't afford it. See the difference? If a person had a list of twenty of thirty people who kicked in so that they could have their current level I think that would make them more likely to use it than if they had bought it themselves - because that is a lot of people to disappoint by wasting the opportunity.

13. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Inedible,
    LF is certainly not for everyone. I'm glad you've found something that works for you. My wish is that everyone out there can find peace in some fashion or another or in some way or another. Currently I have other commitments of both time and money and will continue with what I've started rather than head down another road just yet. However, your idea is a sound one I believe.

blessings,
    gus

14. flossie

flossie Member

Yes that is exactly what i meant...its amazing that some people are willing to put in some money for those people who cant afford it. i just need to do it for a while longer and see what i feel about it then i would be willing to do something too

15. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

This reminds me of the Buddhist vipassana meditation courses where they ask you to donate something at the end so other people can take courses too. People donate according to their means and it seems to work well. The generosity that allows someone else to benefit from meditation is believed to produce very positive results for the giver as well as the receiver.

If people really wanted to do something about this, there could be a scholarship fund for those who fulfilled a set of criteria...but it would be difficult to establish who would get it ...and a bit complicated in setting it up.

Bhavya

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  16. sogno

sogno Member

Dear Flossie,

I know that we can buy LF on line every 2 months instead of every month. This should make payment much easier as it would be spread over 20 months instead of 10. Give it a try, I recon it is money best spent. Also, it is not that expensive for what you get out of it, plus Michael does not try to push ulterior sales, he just provides an ocean of support.
    I understand what lack of money is, I was there for a LONG time and yes, I still have a broken heart, so broken that I rather keep it like this just in case once that it is fixed it may be broken again!!! I can't risk that!!! lol. Going back to money, we all make choices in our life. I would much rather eat a bit cheaply or smoke less, or buy cheaper alternative products for a while in order to save a bit of money to afford LF, or even spend a couple of weekends per month at home if I had too. The benefits are so great, you will feel reborn and once that you learn to feel good about yourself, well, the possibility are limitless, you will function better, fell more confident and possibly go for a much higher payed work.

Good luck with your broken heart and make sure that it is not U who keeps it broken as it may be mended already ;-)

Lots of love
    Sogno

17. sogno

sogno Member

Dear Bhavya,

How sweet of you to think of this. I do donate money, just what I can afford and nobody but me knows how much and how often. However, the money I donate is not for those who cannot afford to go on a Buddhist course but rather to support the centres so that, when a couse is held, the organisers can afford to provide beds, heating, good food, sound systems, meting rooms, toiletries, clean and comfortable environments, etc. It is very important that everyone makes their on decision and take responsibility for their life. It's our life and it is up to us to make it happen. What we could do, perhaps, is to provide information on positive thinking, the law of actraction and all that. Provide a list of good reads and YES, lets all keep posting our winning stories of how we overcame life toubles (thanks so much Polyanna, your our story about your life and the photos of your house made my hear rise up, I dream of a house like yours, but in London as it is the greatest love of my life and want to stay here till I die :).

Thanks to you all and lets continue supporting each other in becaming who we want to be and have what we want to have. It i important that we take responsibility for our own life.

Love

18. sogno

sogno Member

Dear Pollyanna,

Sorry for having miss-spelled your name in one of my post :)

19. Carl

Carl Member

:) can I just say that I got down to life flow 8 and found financial difficulties and had to stop the monthly downloads for a while, I just sent in a request email to stop the monthly subscription and it was done no problems/or questions asked, so don't feel if you sign up you are committed to the subscription through all the levels, although i am sure (as I do) you will want to come back when finances allow.

20. daisy3

daisy3 Member

word of mouth with your live testimonials seems to work well too i guess if people are ready
    so far i have recommended life flow to 8 people and intend to keep doing it in future ,out of these 3 are extremely excited still got to hear from 5 others.fingers crossed michael /PMC will soon hear from them. people can tell
    when they find genuine stuff.I'm doing a bit from all of us .
    daffodil.