1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

life flow 6

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by BS, Oct 13, 2009.

1. BS

BS Member

hi all, im just about to embark on life flow 6, i have spent the last good few months on 8&7 and after finally accepting 7 (as i dont like thunderstorms :() i feel it is time to move on to life flow 6.

can you tell me what level it is please i dont really understand all the theta, delta, stuff you all talk of. i just need to know what kind of a meditative state my mind and body will be entering and what it should feel like??

as always, thanks in advance for your help.

hugs and kisses to all :):):)

2. oneflewover

oneflewover Member

lifeflow 6

Hi BS

Been on Lifeflow6 for about 6 weeks and its just about now that i have noticed a deepening in my sitting. I guess it was pretty seemless going from 7 to 6. So my experience has been a definite progression, a very gentle but marked deepening. Ive found 2 months on each level seems to do it for me.

Good sitting (or lying) :)
    Graham

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Nobody can tell you what it should feel like as it will differ for each person.
    What you should notice is that, if you've been noticing a progression from previous levels, then the next level should continue that progression, however that manifests for you.

;)

Hugs

Giles

4. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

I can tell you a little about that frequency range, although I am not sure this will be useful to you. You be the judge of that.

Level 6 is in the middle of what science calls "theta" range. In nature, we experience widespread theta waves during light sleep. At this point in our sleep, we have already lost awareness of the world around us, but are not yet faded into the silent, wordless and imageless deep sleep. In young people this sleep phase is usually filled with drifting images, like daydreams set free, rather than the intense, dramatic dreams of REM sleep. In the elderly, it is common for theta sleep to become more lifelike, and when they wake up during this sleep phase they often insist that they were not sleeping at all, but "thinking", even though it was obvious to everyone else that they were asleep.

Theta waves are associated with creativity and intuition. Smaller outbreaks of theta can happen even when we are awake, unlike delta waves that start at 4 Hz and below.

In the middle of theta somewhere you also pass the boundary of how much a normal human can slow down the brain without the use of technology. You may become able to enter this state unaided after you have got used to it with LifeFlow, but it is rare for anyone to achieve it by traditional techniques alone.

5. phaedrus56

phaedrus56 Member

life flow6

Hello BS

Like yourself I have just gone onto lifeflow 6, and had a similar reaction to the thunderstorm on LF7 initially. When 6 first became available to me, I was only able to do a couple of ten minute sessions at first due to time constraints. However, having just completed a full forty minute session with 6 before writing this, I can definately say this felt markedly deeper than 7. In fact I had to steady myself several times to stop myself falling asleep and leaning too far forward in my chair from an upright position.

In only a matter of minutes into the session I started to feel a warm tingling sensation in my hands, and did not want to move, whereas with 7 I often felt restless and felt the need to move my legs or change my position. LF6 seemed to put me into a deep relaxed state quite quickly, and as a therapist I recognised this as feeling very similar to hypnotic induction.

Interestingly, I have not been able to identify the the entrainment signal in 7 or 6, but my last session with 6 felt significantly deeper.