1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

LF 5 and hypertension

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by marni, Mar 9, 2013.

1. marni

marni New Member

Greetings. I have been rolling smoothly along with the meditations and now seem to have met my waterloo! I have a 30 year history of heart disease. The first time I used LF 5, I became restless during the meditation and afterwards, my blood pressure was 210/130. (thats high, I know, but not a new experience for me). For 2 weeks I used only the short version and had no restlessness and BP readings have been excellent. So I tried the 40 min version a few days ago, and BP was again very high. Back to the 20 minute, and okay again. Just to be sure, I returned to the 40 min meditation yesterday, and when I again became very restless, I stopped, checked the time and I had been meditating 20 minutes. I understand that level 5 is clearing....is it cortisol? My extreme BP has been perplexing for many years and my question is please.
    Is a stress hormone being activated at this level, which in my case is elevating my BP. My thoughts are to return to the short version and maybe to hold off any further levels until my body/mind sorts this one out. At best, this may be an exciting possibility of healing the cause of my BP (which has been recorded at 270/150), but of course I am not about to risk a dangerous elevation in the hopes of possible cure.
    Would very much appreciate your thoughts.
    Thank you,
    marni