Kunlun Nei Kung

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Panthau, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. KeithP

KeithP Member

Hi Panthau,

I have read the book on Kunlun Nei Gong and have experimented with the basic posture.

So far as I can tell the posture itself brings about spontaneous qigong hence the movements experienced by practitioners.

I am not at all sure about all the hype surrounding the art and the need for correct initiation into the practice. Kunlun will certainly have you reeling about like a demented break dancer and I suspect that is part and parcel of its appeal ie visible bodily movementss and sensations.

It might be interesting to attend the course but keep an open mind.

Good luck and best wishes,

Keith

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks for sharing your infos Keith! I was wondering about this "break dance" moves, and youtube´d a bit, but i only found Kunlun Nei Kung as a martial arts?!

However, if i can connect through it to my higher me, than thats fine for me *g*

Ill update this after the workshop!

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

I don't know much about Kunlun Nei Kung, but I do know that other meditative movement-forms like for instance Tai Chi are also actually martial arts.

You see, in the east, especially China and Japan, but also in other countries like Korea, everything is connected.
    In for instance the Japanese Ju Jitsu ( which I am studying ) it is custom to start the lesson with a small Zen oriented micro-meditation. And it is impossible to improve on this martial art if you don't let go. Let go of fear, tension ( fluid motions, just like in Judo and Taekwondo which are based on Ju Jitsu ), letting go of the mind to direct your actions but instead trust your body/mind to do what is needed ( and it will, at a much faster pace ) and it is not at all uncommon for a martial arts master to attain enlightenment as a result of this.

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

Mhm thats interesting, never thought about it. I did some Kung Fu and Aikido, and there were also these micro meditations at the beginning. Anyway, these martial arts are fun, and i´d still do them if my back wouldnt trouble me that much.

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

So the workshops over and i´ve learned a few techniques. Mainly Kunlun (which brings the energys in ones "aura" into flow and so one can release frozen energy) and the red phoenix meditation, which is only taught from person to person.

Whats funny about this meditation technique is, is that it loosens somehow ones skull-plates and therefore the hole, which babys have, opens up a bit. The guys in china who are practicing this form of meditation use to stick a piece of gras into this hole to show of their success somehow. Weird!