1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

kundalini awakening?

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by jada, Aug 4, 2010.

1. jada

jada Member

i wrote in another thread about feeling like an orgasm feeling while meditating with lifeflow, could it be this kundalini thing? i m just guessing , i associate this thing with more experienced meditators, i m new to meditation so the more info the better. its the most pleasurable feeling i have ever experienced and it happening to me everytime i meditate. :D

thanks

david

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi David,

Yes, it could possibly be related, as kundalini rising is the movement of energy from the base chakra up the spine and can be experienced in different ways by different people; for some it can be painful, for others pleasurable, depending on how much and how quickly and the physical, emotional and mental state of the person at that time.

A good book on Kundalini is called "Kundalini and the Chakras" by Genevieve Lewis Paulson. ;)

Hugs

Giles

3. Teckniec

Teckniec Member

I felt that too. It seemed the more relaxed I got the stronger it felt. It happened the last time I meditated but only that one time, from what I've seen its quite common, I'm not complaining :)

4. jada

jada Member

i experienced it several times, and its such a good feeling, i just meditate thinking about nothing, and how at peace i am now, and it happens...its been a full week now of meditation with lifeflow 10 and i m very happy the way i m controlling my anxiety. i am not looking forward for nothing, because its a feeling you you feel when you are not expecting it. i dont know if i made myself clear, my english sometimes is a bit rusty:p

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

It´s your prana (aka sexual energy), manifesting in your lowest Chakra. You can raise your prana especially with breathing, and other means, but too much prana can cause troubles, as it loosens blockages. :)

6. Teckniec

Teckniec Member

The last thing someone my age can use is more sexual energy, I wonder if this is turning into an every time thing or it will stop eventually.

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

Theres a difference between sexual energy and sex :)

8. GilesC

GilesC Member

Prana is the sanskrit name for what the Chinese call Chi (as in Tai Chi) and the Japanese call Ki (as in ReiKi). This is the energy that exists in all things, sometimes referred to as life force (though that tends to imlpy it can't exist in inanimate objects which it can). So prana isn't strictly sexual energy in itself, but the sexual energy is the movement of prana. ;)

Hugs

Giles

9. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yep, but when prana manifests in our base chakra, it manifests as sexual energy... thats what i meant :)

10. GilesC

GilesC Member

Yup, was just clarifying as the way you worded it made it sound like Prana was sexual energy. ;)

Hugs

Giles

11. Teckniec

Teckniec Member

So does this mean the energy is stuck at the base chakra point? Or it is being concentrated more at that point or....

12. GilesC

GilesC Member

I would suggest reading the book I mentioned earlier.

However...

Energy flows around the body all the time, but there are points where energy builds up before it is released, most obviously noticable in people who's emotions change very quickly or people said to have bi-polar disorder. So, yes, energy builds up at the base chakra and is then released. For most people the energy tends to only build up a little before releasing and often goes unnoticed (or certainly not noticed as being different from the norm). In others, the energy can be held in the base chakra for a long time until it's released and this can cause a sudden release of large amounts of energy to happen, resulting in physical, mental, emotional or even spiritual symptoms that are very manifest i.e. great pain, illness, discomfort, emotional upset or spiritual visions/communication etc.

How much energy get's stored before being released is influenced by many factors, including the person, their general health, stresses and strains of work and life (mental health) etc. and these things can vary over time.

Hugs

Giles