1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Karnoh - are you OK?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by olmate, Feb 22, 2011.

1. olmate

olmate Member

My thoughts are with you and your community mate.

Olmate

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I too pray you and yours are ok Karmoh my friend xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Wishing you well in difficult times

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Did i miss something... ?

5. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

Saw the images on tv this morning, the damage is huge !

I hope you and your family/friends are all ok !

7. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

love from Hazel

Thoughts are with you Karmoh - sending metta to all those suffering from the effects of the quake.

8. Panthau

Panthau Member

Oh i see.... hope everything works out ok over there :-/

9. M L K

M L K Member

Love and strongest, best wishes to all dealing with the earthquake. We hope to hear from you soon, Karmoh. Margaret

10. GilesC

GilesC Member

Thoughts are with them all.

Hugs

Giles

11. Midnight

Midnight Member

I do hope Karmoh and his community are alright. Get back to us soon, Karmoh!

12. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

Has anyone heard from Karmoh?

Hoping someone has had an email and things are as OK as possible with Karmoh.

13. olmate

olmate Member

Hazelkay,

Christchurch is a mess. It seems essential services like water, power, etc are all distrupted. There is much grief and suffering.

My heartfelt hope is Karmoh is busy with his community.

Olmate

14. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi All,

Well... what a crazy time!
    A massive thank you to you all for your kind thoughts and good wishes, this is truly a traumatic time, possible the worst ever for my family, neighbours and community. There was a large quake in Sept 2010, which destroyed our house and my small business. We had managed to get a house close to our original location and with a small office off to the side for my work and then... 6 months later just as we were coming out of recovery mode nature threw another curved ball and walloped us again, this house too, is now gone. BUT the dramatic turn of events lead to loss of life and severe wide spread destruction this time. Amongst all the carnage, there is a quiet peace that is hard to explain.
    At times, my thoughts race and at times I’m at peace with what happened. Earthquakes, tsunami’s, hurricanes, flooding and massive storms are all part of the cycle of life, unfortunately for mankind we have decided that we rule the planet and destroy ecosystems to build our cities in precarious places.
    At first, all was forgotten and “I” kicked back in with force, scalding and berating meditation as useless and non-duality as just a hobby to keep “ME” occupied. But on seeing the devastation and the reaction to the life threating forces of nature it is easy for the realisation to sink in that there is nothing really there apart from the universal cycle of life that cannot be interpreted with reason, no matter how scientific or philosophical. It just is and if the wind of change comes bow down with respect for it takes no prisoners.
    Our community has reacted and we have been all working long hours to get the elderly and young families back to some sense of normality. With no power or water and sewage, flowing freely in the streets it has and will be a massive task. It has truly been amazing to see total strangers digging homes out of the extraordinary amount of silt that exploded from the earth; Christchurch was built on swampland. During a large earthquake, Christchurch is subject to a phenomenon called liquefaction, which destroys roads and land without prejudice.
    We are amazed at the dedication of the urban search and rescue teams from around the world, these teams risk their life’s every day tunnelling in to destroyed buildings looking for survivors and unfortunately buried bodies.

Once again, a big thank you to all my newfound friends for the peace that flourishes within this small but extremely friendly community.

Peace and love to you all :)

15. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Great to hear from you Karmoh :)

I hope that things start to get better for you, your family and the community as fast as possible.

Best wishes.

16. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

so glad to hear from you Karmoh

Hope new strength comes to you and your community as you recover from this disaster. All our loving kindness is flowing towards you all.
    Hazel

17. Midnight

Midnight Member

Thankfully you're alright. Best of luck to you and the rest of New Zealand. I honestly hope you get back on your feet soon!

18. M L K

M L K Member

Karmoh,
    I am so relieved to hear from you, and send love and best wishes to you, your family, and community. Margaret

19. olmate

olmate Member

Hi Karmoh,

It is great to hear from you.

If there is anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask. My email is [email protected]. Mate you are only a couple of hours away, so please do not hesitate. Or if at some stage you need a break away, you are most welcome here.

Take care,

Don

20. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Once again thank you all for your kind words of support :)

Hi Olmate, Thank you for your very kind offer, which is very tempting! I think a short break would be wonderful but i cannot see that happening in the near future, I have added you email to my contacts and if we decide to come your way you'll be the first to know, it would be good to catch-up personally :)