1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Just starting out

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by kcaplan, Nov 14, 2010.

1. kcaplan

kcaplan Member

Hello fellow travelers,

Yesterday I purchased the EnlightenQ package. I have listened to the first few tracks...can't seem to find the Tibetan bowls track. I am also finishing up with my last CD of another program (I can't recall whether the rules for this forum allow me to mention the name of that program.) I typically try to rush into things...not take my time because I am impatient to get to the "good part" (LOL). Silly me, I know intellectually that it's all good.

I have been a meditator using other techniques since 1971, but not consistently. I also love yoga...trying to have a daily practice with that, as well as running. I am finding that using the technology presented in this and the other system I am using do make a difference and are easy to use.

I am a 61 (62 in one week) year old woman living on the east coast in Connecticut. I grew up in California and left there when I was 22 years old. I am a social worker, working with people at the end of life in hopsice and palliative care (hospital and also visiting patients and families in their homes). Meditation helps keep me balanced and sane, and minimizes overwhelm. I love my work. It reminds me of what is most important. Meditation helps keeps me in that place, too.

I think that's enough for now. I look forward to being a part of this community.

Peace,
    K

2. olmate

olmate Member

Welcome to the community kcaplan. My personal experince is that this is a special place where incredible conversations unfold each day.

Nothing but the best.

olmate

3. Ramai

Ramai Member

Hello K and Welcome to the community :)
    I have listened to the first few tracks...can't seem to find the Tibetan bowls track.
    You’ll find that on CD4 - The Q Excercise extended practice
    Love,
    Ramai.

4. suxsblooms

suxsblooms New Member

Totally New

Hi there. I am new too and have not much a clue. it sounds like you do... I was looking around for stuff to help me stop the insane turbulation my spirit and soul experience on a daily basis. I am pretty aware of many things and when I listen to certain spiritual leaders I find myself saying, "I always thought that" or "I always say that to others".......The problem is that I stopped somewhere along the journey and regardless of knowing anything I have never been very vigilant in applying lessons and learning and experiences and meditation for long enough periods of time to actually get a long lasting effect and consequence. Anyway....I am not sure what i will find here to assist me in my journey and I don't have bling or anything like that to get anything if it costs money but I am certainly willing to give things a try in hopes that something somewhere somehow will help me end this perpetual psychosis of the spirit I seem to endure daily.....Nice to be here.thanks for the invite.Hello to all of you, may you only feel positive energy and surroundings and I look ofrward to being here....Be well..

5. Ramai

Ramai Member

you touch greatness on a daily basis

Hi K,
    I read your introduction and I kept thinking about you while I tried to imagine the emotional demands of your job.

It reminded me of something I read some time ago; when you feel that the whole world is filled with darkness, be a candle in the dark. Candles don’t shine brightly in daylight; it’s our job to be the candle that lights up the darkness.

It looks like you do this every day, you look for areas that need illumination and light them up.

kcaplan you touch greatness on a daily basis, and that makes you great.

Love,
    Ramai

6. OldGirl

OldGirl Member

Am new here to

Am trying to learn the art of meditation. Came across this site and hopefully forfill my dream.

Yes to kcaplan l also work in aged care, Gods waiting room, its hard, but someone has to make the end more satisfying for them. Most familys do not want to take care of their parents and leave it to us.

But that is not why l followed this link. Am hoping after 59 years will find peace within me to find the love of my life, he is here but just need a bit more guidence to forfil my dream.

Have just started meditation, so its hard to understand for me at least. One day am fine can get carried away with the tones, then others will cry like a baby. So wierd but told this is fine.

7. olmate

olmate Member

Turbulance and Other Big Questions

Hi Suxsblooms and Oldgirl,

Welcome to the community. I don't consider myself to be wise. I do however consider myself to be fortunate.

This life has presented many challenges. Some lessons were learned quickly and others seem like an eternity. My work requires me to fly a lot. So when you mentioned turbulance it quickly bought to mind some of my experiences in the air. It seems to me that some of those experiences aptly describe bigger life experiences.

Being buffetted is very unsettling - but it does focus ones attention. So turbulance of the Soul suggests to me that focus is being called for. Looking within with an enquiring mind helps "see" what is going on and then enables healing. Persistent meditation practice is a way of awakening to our being. It may seem paradoxical at first - but the simplest instruction is be still and be silent. The free course available at this site has excellent instruction and experiential practices sessions.

Aged care is a very noble profession. Earlier this year my Dad passed away. I have rediscovered my Mum. I have a regular practice of dining with her, we have long conversations and it is very special beyond what words can describe.

The issue of the love of ones life is another big question. Again instead of lonliness, I enjoy and treasure solitude. A realisation for me was to let go of being in love with the idea of being in love. I have much peace and happiness from that and feel much more present each moment of this precious life. I have never experienced such a richness of being and relating to everyone I encounter. Again, meditation practice was an important means of helping me see and awaken.

Enjoy this wonderful community.

Nothing but the best ...

Olmate

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010