1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Just started a couple week ago!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by wlsv650, Apr 4, 2010.

1. wlsv650

wlsv650 Member

This stuff really works. I've been using LF10 and felt a calm relaxed feeling since day one. I've felt overwelming feelings of peace and am able to control my emotions a lot better. I'm excited for continued success. I just started using the Release Technique also. I think they go hand in hand. I guess I'll see what happens.

2. oneflewover

oneflewover Member

It surely does work wlsv650 :) Glad you are having such good results. Have you tried the Free Meditation Course ?

Graham

3. wlsv650

wlsv650 Member

I have. What I don't understand now is the purpose of the mantra. I thought you were supposed to think it constantly thoughout the whole meditation or do you only think it when thoughts arise?

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Wlsv650,

The purpose of the mantra is primarily to give you an initial focus or means of taking your awareness away from the thoughts that are arising in the mind. There isn't a need to actively focus on or think about the mantra or control how fast, slow, loud or quiet etc. it is, just simply invite it into being and observe it, then, when you notice that thoughts are arising and you are becoming more aware of those, simply re-invite your mantra back. If you focus on, or think about, the mantra then you are preventing your mind from falling quiet and thus preventing yourself coming to the place of stillness that is deep meditation.

Essentially it is a tool to help quiet the mind. If the mind quietens and the manta too has gone, this is a good thing. It isn't necessary to have the mantra there.

I hope that answers your question.

Hugs

Giles

5. wlsv650

wlsv650 Member

Thank you for the inlightenment! Is is important what you choose for your mantra or is it only a tool for becoming quiet? Some people believe the mantra is said to achieve a goal. For instance, if your depressed and
    use a mantra "I am happy", then you become
    happy after a while using the mantra. It kind of confuses me which one it is, or is it both?

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

Primarily it's a tool to use.
    I generally recommend that you choose a mantra that is a single word/sound rather than a phrase and something that is perhaps not a word that you use yourself or associate anything with. (the Transcendental Meditation mantras are not English words so many people do not associate anything with them). The reason for this is that, if the word has some meaning or association for you then it can more easily bring up thoughts associated with it, hence defeating the purpose of it somewhat. ;)

As for using "I am happy" this is more of a positive affirmation than a mantra.

Hugs

Giles

7. wlsv650

wlsv650 Member

Ok, sounds good! I've tried it a couple times just using the mantra to clear my thoughts and it's a different experience. I feel like it's better. Thanks for the help. Excited for future meditations and clarity. I'm still feeling calm and peaceful.