1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Juggling many things, enter meditation!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Gotehacha, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Gotehacha

Gotehacha Member

Hi folks,

I'm a mom of a toddler who has trouble sleeping, I'm working part-time and I'm enrolled in a masters degree program.

So, sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all the stuff I "need" to do. I began with meditation last year but couldn't stick to it.
    I renewed my commitment to zazen (I'm a novice Zen buddhist) this January but mostly did only a few minutes each day.

I stumbled over Lifeflow because Brian Johnson mentioned Holosync in one of his PhilosophersNotes. I googled it but found LF soon after that. From what I gather many people switch to LF.

So far, I've been using Lifeflow10 for some days now. Although I don't perceive any difference (and I don't expect any atm) I like the soundscape and the music motivates me to meditate for at least 20 minutes a day.

I'm looking forward to the levels which might help my kid to sleep better (I found a post about using LF 7, 6, 5, 4 because of the Theta waves).

I'm impressed by the good information I found in this community.

I'm glad to be part of it and to find like-minded people.

Thanks for reading this long post! :p

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Gotehacha, and welcome to the community,

Sounds like you've got a plate full of things to do, but I'm sure you're going to manage just fine.
    It's good to take time out for yourself, and it's good to hear that Lifeflow is giving you that 20 minutes you feel you need for your meditation.
    As you say, you've don't perceive any different at the moment, but as with most meditation techniques, the benefits are something that occur gradually in our daily lives, and I'm sure, if you persist with it, then after a few months you'll be able to look back at how you were and say "Yes, things have changed for the better".

;)

Hugs

Giles