1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

'It's The Most Depressing Day Of The Year'

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Michael Mackenzie, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

It's The Most Depressing Day Of The Year

Its official :rolleyes:

Apparently today is the most depressing day of the whole year..

I was sent this link by a friend who thought it may be worth replying to about Project Meditation.

I am going to send a quick reply and it would be great if you would too. It will only take 5 minutes and the more people who send them messages about the benefits of meditation and project meditation the better.

If we get many messages to them, they may even do a story about our meditation community in the news!

Click here to read the story and have your say.

I am working on a 'Blue Monday or Brilliant Monday?' youtube video and will post it here when its ready later today.

Thanks for your support, Michael :)

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I've sent an email to Sky news and the BBC news Michael. The Sky report was extremely optimistic compared to the BBC report. Hopefully a good opportunity to help a lot of people!! I'm having a brilliant Monday - hope you are too. Happiness and joy to you and yours :) :) :)

3. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

Blue Monday or Brilliant Monday!

Here's the YouTube video response!

Please rate it so others get to find out about the benefits of meditation.

The video

Michael :)

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Wow, I feel really depressed now :D !!!

I think I will meditate 10 minutes longer tonight, and get that out of the way :p
    On a more serious note, how many people actually suffer from what they are doing to themselves ?

5. Larry Gessner

Larry Gessner Member

National Day of Meditation?

Pollyanna, this was a brilliant suggestion. It has inspired me to do the same here in the U.S. in ND. I hope others do the same. I posted a comment to your article as Michael has suggested and I hope it helps.

I am wondering if there is a national day of meditation?

If not, should we be looking at starting one?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  6. Edwin

Edwin Member

IDEA OF THE MONTH !!!! BRILLIANT SUGGESTION !!! :eek::D

7. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

Great Idea Larry

I don't believe I've actually heard of a national or worldwide meditation day.

This may be a great idea that we could run a press release and other promotional videos alongside. You've got me thinking Larry!

Does anyone know for sure? I don't really know what you would do to set up a national day? Do you just do it?

Should we just choose a day of the year? :D

Suggestions would be great. This could be a real nice opportunity for the news men/women to pick up on this project.

Michael :)

8. scf0x

scf0x Member

If you want suggestions as what day of the year to use, why not the day you started the community.

This day is possibly the most important day relating to meditation for me.

Shaun:)

9. Larry Gessner

Larry Gessner Member

Great Idea

scfox, great Idea.

Well I took Pollyanna's lead and contacted our own local TV station and suggested doing a story on the benefits of meditation ( directing them right to this site). Right now they are doing stories about stress relief and health issues. something to keep in mind, for this time of year.

Anyway I will wait to see if they do it. Yesterday they did a piece on how some schools are incorporating yoga into the curriculum. If you pay attention everywhere you look meditation is being mentioned more and more. When I picked up this months WEB MD magazine in the hospital, there was a short article about a university in China that has been doing meditation research and are now publishing the outstanding results.

So now I am thinking about how many other forms of media we can reach people with. Pollyanna you are a gift.

10. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

You brightened my day!

Thankyou Larry, you brightened my day even more, and it was wonderful already. I think it's wonderful, the effort you are putting in to help people through meditation. I love your dedication to help others. You reminded me of a couple of books I read a long time ago that are about genuinely uplifting others. Your words were like giving me a beautifully wrapped present tied up with pretty ribbon!! I thank you from my heart. Happiness and joy to you :) :) :)

11. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

It's The Most Depressing Day Of The Year

I'm just sat here laughing to myself and quite in awe of how such wonderful things can come from such a depressing statement!!! WOW! If we can achieve this through that statement, the sky's the limit!! :) :) :)

12. Larry Gessner

Larry Gessner Member

Depression

Thank you, Pollyanna.

I just now finally got around to watching the you tube video Michael did. Great Job Michael!

So now as I go deeper into my mind, my thoughts are back where they started. I have seen a lot of hurt in my life while I was in law enforcement.
    This is what steered me toward this in the first place. I am reminded that every minute of every day somewhere on this planet someone is being hurt and depression in it's most common form comes from the feeling that you have no control over a situation that you are not willing to accept.

So as part of my meditation I am now going to visualize the whole world as a single unit, taking all of the negative energy, dissolving it, and replacing it with positive white light. I don't know if I am ready or not but I am thinking that if enough of us set our sights a little higher then perhaps we will effect change.