1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Is using Guided Meditation tapes sort of "cheating"?

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by CatB, Jul 12, 2011.

1. CatB

CatB Member

Thanks, Bryan...for once, I like what my "self" is telling me! :D

2. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi CatB,

It's ok from a beginners perspective, but rather intense.

If I was to recommend one book which would be perfect for the beginner its called The Quiet by Paul Wilson. This book has it all, with everything stripped back to the basics. I reference it often. It's really 2 books. Book A sets you on the path of your choice and Book B takes you on to the deeper spiritual side.

Peace :)

3. CatB

CatB Member

I just watched a brief video of Paul explaining why thoughts popping into your head are not an impediment to meditation, rather they strengthen your meditation and make it what it is. Everything he said in that video made sense to me and really made me get how complicated we can make this process. I love the tone of his voice, his style of communicating...I am truly looking forward to reading some of his books.

Thank you so much, Karmoh, for somehow knowing exactly where I needed to be led :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  4. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov Member

Karmoh, thanks for the reference to The Quiet by Paul Wilson. I've never heard of him but it looks good. I just downloaded it in audio book version so I'll be spending the next week listening to it.
    I also recently downloaded LifeFlow 8. I must say this is my favorite track yet, very relaxing.

5. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

That's ok CatB, no need to thank me, Its just wonderful to be able to pass on snippets of info that have helped me in the past.

As CatB pointed out he has a soothing voice. I believe he is known as "The Guru Of Calm" Enjoy!

Peace :)

6. CatB

CatB Member

He certainly does.. I am looking forward to seeing if I can find some more of his video clips online.

In the meantime, I bought the e-reader version of The Quiet and will likely begin it tonight. And, in an effort to "pay it forward", Karmoh, I will be passing this recommendation on to anyone interested in pursuing this journey :)

7. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov Member

I've listened to the first 2 hours of the audio book and I am really enjoying it! I've been meditating for close to 15 years and there is some really good stuff in there.

8. CatB

CatB Member

Is it his voice doing the reading of the e-book? Probably not, huh? But that would be QUITE a treat!!!!!

9. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov Member

Yes, it is him reading the book. It is very soothing and beautiful. I downloaded the audio book because I have (it seems like) 10,000 books in my house and the last thing that I need is another book lying about.

10. CatB

CatB Member

Oh wow! Wish I had known that before I bought the e-reader version!!!!

11. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov Member

Well, I can see there being advantages to both e-reader versions as well as the audio version. I downloaded it at Audible.com via Amazon for $14.95. If you buy it straight from Audible it costs $20.97. Have no idea why the difference in price. If you go to Amazon and go the the unabridged audio audible version, there is a sample of it that you can listen to.
    I actually fell asleep listening to him about an hour through the book. I put it on my iPod so I can take it with me on vacation in September. I'm going out into the boondocks where all I'm going to hear are crickets and woodpeckers.

12. CatB

CatB Member

Sounds like a perfect place for many meditation sessions :)