1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Irritability

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Cmprettyinpink78, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Cmprettyinpink78

Cmprettyinpink78 Member

Hi,

I have been using lifeflow for the past 2 week every night before I go to bed. The first few days I felt calm and collected but since this past Saturday, I have felt depressed, very irritable, anxious, sensitive and out of sorts. I wonder if it has to do with bringing emotions up that I am not sure how to deal with, I never really learned about how do "deal" with emotions, so what does that mean? Has the feeling of irritability ever happen to anyone else?

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi,

Yeah, welcome to the club. :D

LF seems to bring up burried emotions, and therefore all those negative feelings. You have to turn your meditation times down, until you feel comfortable.

How to handle all those negative emotions? Feel them, accept them, let the feelings express itself... dont fight them, or try to surpress them. There are also methods like EFT and others to consider.

Ultimately, everyone has to find its own way on how to handle feelings. Good luck! :)

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Christy,

Meditation allows supressed emotions to surface so that you can release them and let them go. The next time you feel irritable or anxious be aware of the accompanying sensation in your body. Whenever you feel any discomfort in meditation, it simply means you are resisting and it is the resistance itself that is causing the discomfort.

The solution to resisting is to simply and unemotionally observe the feeling/sensation. Your mind will try and distract you with all kinds of chatter, but just ignore this and calmly accept and observe the sensation and it should fade away.

Here is a link to some great information about meditation and entrainment. It is rather long but well Worth the read:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...x/2357-principles-meditation-entrainment.html

Hope this helps and I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

4. Cmprettyinpink78

Cmprettyinpink78 Member

Yes I think the hard part fore is feeling them because it feels weird, I guess because I have the habit of suppressing them. I will look into tapping and see if that will help. Thank you for the response. :)

5. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov Member

Overstimulation

I've been meditating for a long time and at times I do experience those feelings of oversensitivity and anxiousness that you describe. For me it's not so much dredging up suppressed emotions as it is an experience of being overstimulated with too much energy. When I feel that way, I deal with it by expressing gratitude either in my thoughts or in actions in life. It's impossible to hold feelings of depression and irritability while you're expressing gratitude. Try it and think about it. Hope this helps.