1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

IPOD vs MP3

Discussion in 'Having Problems?' started by Laceyatpeace, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Laceyatpeace

Laceyatpeace Member

I am ready to buy the downloads. I have a mac but don't have an mp3 yet. Just curious if anyone has any input on which to purchase? I am currently using earphones with the mac to go through the Meditation course. I want to get the mps player before I start my full subscription. Any suggestions on which is better? I am not really feeling the need to download a bunch of other songs from the internet, possibly, but not definitely.

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi,

Well, if you just want an MP3 player that is sufficient to store the Lifeflow tracks then pretty much any will be able to do that. If you were to download and store all the discover meditation, lifeflow, guided meditations and any other tracks Michael has made available, you are looking at just over 1Gb (1 Gigabyte) of storage space. Most MP3's nowadays come with at least 2Gb, and that's just for the small ones like the i-pod shuffle. I have a Sandisk Sansa 8Gb myself and I'm quite happy with that, but your best bet is to look at the reviews people give them on somewhere like Amazon and get a feel for what features you get in relation to the price you are paying.

Whilst I listen to things like Creative Flow and Optimal Learning etc. on my MP3 player, when I'm meditating with Lifeflow I use the CD's that I have burnt from the MP3's and play them through a CD player with full size Sony headphones to ensure the most optimal sounds quality. Those headphones are obviously more comfortable than the in-ear headphones you get with personal MP3 players.

Hugs

Giles

3. Laceyatpeace

Laceyatpeace Member

Thanks, I was hoping you would reply as you seem to be pretty knowledgeable, especially given the tech stuff is your back ground. Just didn;t know if there was a way to PM you or not. Thanks for the input. I am off to research on amazon and then hopefully off to the store!!

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

My pleasure. Project Meditation (PM) site doesn't allow Private Messages (PM's), I guess to cut down on spamming and unsolicited marketing messages.

Hugs

Giles

5. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

You can also use large headphones directly on an MP3 player. I have a set of large, comfortable Pioneer headphones that I use with my Creative Zen player. More important is to make sure that neither the headphones nor the player distorts the sound in any way, for instance by bass boost or concert hall settings. Set the equalizer to neutral if it can't be turned off, and turn off all frills that can be turned off. The tracks are carefully balanced so it is unlikely that a music player can improve on them in any way!

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

I've not tried that. Would it not drain the battery quite quickly? or do you have your MP3 player plugged into mains at the time?

7. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

The MP3 player batteries still last for many hours. I use this during my commute, and every few days I connect my MP3 player to the computer to recharge its batteries via the USB contact, while I do other things. It is not really a concern for everyday life, although I can see it being a problem during long trips in the wilderness. Luckily I don't need to trek like that to get to work, even in Norway! :)

8. Laceyatpeace

Laceyatpeace Member

I think last night DH and I decided to try downloading and burning to the cds, which he was able to figure out how to do on the laptop. We are going to see how that goes and then consider the MP3. But Giles, I researched the SanDisk Sansa and am really pleased with all of the reviews I found! Will probably go that route!

Have a great day, or night, both of you!
    Hugs
    Lacey