1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Intense meditation experiences and questions

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by DemonCleaner, Mar 21, 2014.

1. DemonCleaner

DemonCleaner Member

Hello! I 'm new to meditation and I think it's GREAT, but I have some questions..

So, I 'm meditating for about 5 days, 2 sessions of 20-25 mins every morning and every evening. I know it's not a long time and I know most people quit at early stages but I feel something pulling me towards meditating.
    I kinda need help with guidance and some answers in general questions. Like:

1) I meditated to my root chakra for about 2 days and I felt like I need to move on, so I did and yesterday I had been meditating to my sacral chakra and I felt a very strong sensation embracing my body and particularly the place where my hands were while doing the pose needed. I literally felt energy going up from the base of my spine to my stomach. Is this how I know that my chakra is open or balanced? Is it too soon for it to be open?

2) I don't really believe in a certain religion, I 'm more of an atheist.I believe that there is not a spirit of ultimate kindness (god) or a spirit of ultimate evil (satan) and the only spirit lies in every and each one of us. However is this going to affect my meditation?

3) As I was meditating to my sacral chakra I was chanting the word "VAM", but I reached a point where my body felt like it was sleeping while my mind was fully awake (eyes closed) and at some point afterwards, just for once I didn't say "VAM" but something more like, vamrie, like another language, completely spontaneously. Why could this be caused?

4) I get some very minor headaches from times to times since that happened. Is it normal?

5) I meditate on each chakra individually (I 've reached the solar plexus chakra). Is this right?

6) Is this the way of my spirit to tell me to move on to the next chakra?

So, did you have similar experiences?

Thanks for your answers and time :cool:

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

3. Anglepen

Anglepen Member

I cannot help you with matters relating to Chakras, but I do not have any religious beliefs either, and I share you views that there aren't any gods, I believe the act of praying and asking for help or strength is simply an act of asking within yourself for that assistance and strength.

So no, lack of any spiritual beliefs will not hinder your practice in any way.

By the way, I too suffered headaches when using mantra based meditation, I switched to the breath and they cleared.
    Whenever I again tried mantra techniques again they returned.
    I'm not suggesting the the techniques are the cause but just something to consider.

I hope you feel better soon, if they persist please consult your physician.

Metta
    Kev

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

You can meditate about everything, but if you stick to pure plain meditation, theres no chakra stuff involved. So not many people here will be able to tell you anything about chakras, as its not a needed part of meditation.

Regarding belief, everything you belief does only affect your own perception... other then that it has no meaning at all, as the human point of view is so tiny and so blurred, that its not even near any truth.