1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

insomnia

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by amor_fati, Feb 2, 2009.

1. amor_fati

amor_fati Member

hi there folks.

name's andy and im from scotland and completely new to this.
    Been mega stressed the past year which has led to a major breakdown, loss of home, friends and partner. I am desperate to get my life on track and I have been looking at many different techniques with relatively no success so Im really hoping this can help me as I seem to suffer from heavy insomnia, anxiety attacks, cant relax, money worries etc and its killing me. I want to free myself from this life as I dont want to be like this anymore.

Am i onto a winner with this or backing a dead horse?

Andy

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi Amor,

Just wanted to welcome you.

If you read a bit in the forum, you´ll see that there are many success storys.
    For most people its really a benefit.

Just try it out and post your experiences :)

Atb,
    Pan

3. JT

JT Member

Hi Andy,
    as a matter of interest what other techniques have you tried?

bfn

4. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Welcome andy!

5. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Andy, welcome. Lifeflow can definitely help you but you have to put in some effort too. If you can remember that you are a winner who's experiencing some challenges, that there're no dead horses here, then you'll start moving towards balance of mind. Lifeflow will help you relax and get you in touch with your inner Self. I suggest you start reading the posts, especially the Success Stories and the Law of Attraction. Pollyanna's posts are excellent, especially the one that tells her own journey towards abundant success and happiness which'll inspire you. There's lots of good material here.

Go for it! We'll cheer you on! :)
    Bhavya

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  6. amor_fati

amor_fati Member

Thanks guys. Makes me feel better knowing that im not facing this on my own.

I have been having a wee read up on it and today I went and bought some incense sticks and I have been reading as much as possible on things but Im also confused about some of the things on the site, I get how Laws of attraction etc work to an extent and I do believe that they will work given time and belief but its just where to start!! I don't really want success as in money or fame or anything but I do want to feel like my life isnt a complete waste given the fact that I am extremely fortunate to be in a country that has clean water and general freedom. I have been living on very few things lately and I have no desire to return to being a material person (debt probably was the onset of this) so Im just trying to organise my mind as it feels like it is going a million miles a second.

Ill let you know how my first trial goes as I know I will get better and I want my success to hopefully inspire other people either unsure of this or to inspire people in anyway that is helpful. Basically to repay.

On a side note I have been reading up on several people and I seem to notice something about them but am unsure what, and advice on a common link in these people? There people just now that I seem naturally drawn too....

John Lennon
    Bill Hicks
    Albert Einstein
    Salvador Dali
    Hunter S Thompson/Chuck Palanuik

And yes, music and art are BIG things in my life!

Cheers guys

..note to moderator, shift this post if its not in the right place!

Muhalo

7. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

There is definately much promise in this LifeFlow thing if you use it steady. This is no quick fix to anything. You will, however, beging to notice sutble changes in your life sooner rather than later.
    It's one of those simple things that isn't easy. If you get my drift.

gus

8. ian0204

ian0204 Member

welcome

hi Andy and welcome.I started using the lifeflow cds about 3 months ago and have found the results to be very positive.I was on daily medication for depression which i tried to get off but would begin to slide back to that dark place in a short time.I have been off my pills for almost a month and I feel so positive and more at peace than I have ever been.All the best in your journey.I think you will find this to be very worth while..Ian

9. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Congratulation Ian for taking control of your destiny
    Thats GREAT,
    gus

10. Panthau

Panthau Member

Congrats from me to, ian! Im glad it worked out for you so far.

Pan

11. Fridays child

Fridays child Member

Welcome

Hi Andy and welcome!

I'm pretty new here too but I'm already feeling the benefit of daily meditation. Hang in there, I'm sure that this will be what you need, just give it the time and effort it needs... to do you the power of good. Sending waves of peace to you, wishing you well on your journey. :)

Fridays child :)

12. tjiyapo

tjiyapo Member

hy guys, i need abit of help. I started using discover meditation 2 days back to cure my insomnia problems and make see things much clearer and so far i'm seeing things clear now. Only problem is i'm not sure i get enough sleep, i feel like i spend the whole night checking if im asleep and as such wake up not having slept, please help me resolve this problem

13. `Tired`

`Tired` Member

tjiyapo,

You are having anxiety about falling asleep which is just resulting in a vicious cycle or fixation? I have been in and out of therapies for years for PTSD and bipolar disorder. One thing I have learned the hard way is to redirect my energies away from what I am fixated on to something interesting or completely distracting in order to reduce the anxiety.

That seems to be the key. Go from a negative mind to positive mind. Break normal patterns by doing something that would not be typical for you. It changes the whole perspective and helps calm...at least for me anyway. This is actually a part of CBT. Makes sense if you can get away from the thought am I getting a good night sleep to something like wasn't today an awesome day even if you only had one amazing moment focus on that and how it made you feel. Hopefully if you focus on something positive it will help you relax?