1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Info on Midnight Express?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Bryan555, Jun 3, 2011.

1. GilesC

GilesC Member

Ah, I must have missed that bit. That explains it I think... just need to get my head around it. :eek:

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Glad it made sense for you Giles and I think you are spot on Brian, the technology used in the tracks is a really cool combination. To be able to enjoy the benefits without having to wear headphones is what makes the whole thing extremely versatile - having to use headphones wouldn't help my little dogs either hehehe

wishing you peace and joy :) :) :)

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Directly after my meditation today (without headphones), I suddenly remembered a file I keep from some old support from Michael or the support staff. Can you explain why you think the monaural and isochronic tones must not be set at 7.83 Hz? And why do you think you cannot hear them?

Your explanation will allow me to answer your question more precisely I believe - in the meantime I will check through the file and hopefully solve your puzzle in simple terms :) :) :)

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

I think what Bryan was referring to was that... if we can hear tones/beats in a track then they can't be any lower than around the average 20Hz limit of human hearing, which 7.83Hz would be.

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hmmmm - that's interesting, because if Bryan is confused by the fact that the range of human hearing is between 20 and 20,000Hz, and he's thinking that Schumann can't be perceived because it's below that 20Hz bottom threshold, he (and maybe others) may think the same about all the LF tracks.

Twenty Hz is the limit at which the human ear can resolve a "pitch" from a sound. It is not the limit at which the vibrations from sound can be perceived. Below 20Hz they are simply perceived as beats, not as a musical pitch. But you do hear them, and your brain does entrain to them.

I have e-mailed the support staff and suggested this information is made available in case others are confused also :)

Hope that helps and I wish you peace and joy :) :) :)

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

Well, don't hold me to that, as Bryan may have meant something else... that was just the way I was understanding what he was asking.

I'm mean, sure, I can clearly understand we can hear a drum that is beating once per second. Like you say though it could be construed as confusing when something like that is referred to as e.g. 1Hz because people go and look up frequencies and find that hearing can't detect below about 20Hz. Hmmm, not sure how else it could be described without referring to it in Hz though.... :eek:

Anyhow, my own confusion is cleared up now. Thanks Polly :D

Hugs

Giles

7. Bryan555

Bryan555 Member

Yes, Giles understands exactly what I was saying. In Peace and Harmony, for instance, there are very clear and distinct tones which I assume must be isochronic. They are fully rounded and audible in every way...certainly including "pitch". I therefore concluded that they couldn't possibly be set at 7.83 Hz.

Thank you for the explanations you have kindly provided, Polly. They are a little challenging for the layman. I, like Giles, am still trying to get my head around them. Quite fascinating. It's my first time to hear of an "olivary nucleus".

8. moya

moya New Member

Have Checked the downloads and do not find Classical Magic

Greetings, I cannot seem to find Classical Magic in the downloads, could you please let me know where you found it on the site.

9. GilesC

GilesC Member

Classical Magic isn't currently available for download as far as I'm aware.
    You could try contacting support using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom and ask them directly. They're usually very helpful.

Hugs

Giles