1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Images even when i'm aware whilst meditating

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Divido, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Divido

Divido New Member

Hello, when i'm meditating and when i'm aware of my breath (or what i focus on), i get up images in my head of certain things that won't go away, even when i try to focus fully on my breath, this makes it impossible for me to get relaxed or enjoy and feel that the meditation is good for me because of these persistent images, it feels like only i have this problem in the world. It feels like i'm creating these images in some weird way. For instance, i played a computergame today, and when i meditated before often these images popped up of the game. Images of Eckhart Tolle often pops up too, and other spiritual "leaders". It feels like i'm running in a hamsterwheel.

For instance, when i was on a vipassana retreat (i had not meditated anything before going there) i had images in my head of certain places, that were so persistent, i can't even call them thoughts, just images. Even if i was aware of them and went back to the breathing they wont go away, even when i'm focusing the most on what i'm meant to focus on.

Sorry for weird writing and thankyou for answers.