1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

If it seems too good to be rue it usually is......honest answers appreciated!!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by scobredar, Aug 23, 2010.

1. scobredar

scobredar Member

Hi,

I just signed up for LF after using holosync for 2 years. I took the option of downloadable version. Main reason for this is I wanted to try the product before committing to the whole series and I don't have the money as a student to buy all the CDs at once.

After giving my credit card details I was offered a deal of getting the entire series on CD, delivered to my door, for just an additional $50. This surprised me given the whole package costs over $900! I took the offer, but now I have a horrible sinking feeling that I have been scammed. The kind of feeling you get when you buy a product off an infomercial that says......."but wait there's more"..............

I am a firm believer that if something appears to good to be true it usually is....

How can something that was originally sold to me at over $900 suddenly be offered to me for less than $150???? Is it because I have just paid for a load of rubbish or is it because you are trying to compete with products like NP2?

Any honest responses to this thread would be appreciated. I am very grateful for the offer, but now it doesn't 'feel' right.

DC

2. Grey

Grey Member

one thing that sets Michael apart from many others is his integrity. there are no shady tricks here. from time to time the site makes special offers. that is probably what you experienced. since i purchased the series a few years ago Michael has developed several other tracks that are not a part of the lifeflow series and he gave them away to everyone that had already bought lifeflow. some might say that is too good to be true but that is what he did.

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

I'll second Grey on that.

The admin team and Michael do make good offers from time to time e.g. you may get the first level very cheap, or maybe an offer on purchasing the whole lot etc. I think it's more to do with good marketing and getting the products out there to people who really want them once you know they are genuinely interested. After all, the "Discover Meditation" CD's are completely free to download and there's no strings attached or heavy marketing. They're certainly very flexible if, for example, you're short on cash and only want to download the levels e.g. every 2 months rather than every month, or if you want to stop your subscription to it for a while and come back to it later on.

There's certainly no shady dealing going on from my experience (and I've finished with the downloads myself now), no hard selling or harrassing emails and the product definitely works and does what it says on the tin. ;)

The admin/support team are very friendly and flexible, so if you have any concerns or questions, I'm sure you can just ask them and they'll do what they can to help.

Hugs

Giles

4. islovin

islovin Member

Hmmmmm I wonder if I can get the cd's for an additional $50. They are an hour versus 40 min. I am on level 2 and would love to revisit all the levels but this time for 60 minutes each...

To me that is an awesome deal...I chose the download for two reasons...

1. forced me to stay with each level for 2 months

2. It was more affordable for me to pay for them every other month.

Now...I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

5. foucault1985

foucault1985 New Member

It could be a scam.

Ask yourself, how do you know that all the other users on this forum, endorsing the product, are actually real, and not fake profiles?

After all "Michael" (the guy selling "LifeFlow") is also the guy who owns and adminstrates this forum.

(if this post gets deleted, that would be a confirmation of this theory)

6. jodie

jodie Moderator

Box set shipped at the end of subscription!

DC,

We sometimes run marketing tests and it looks like you have seen one of these.

As you will have also seen on this offer page, you have been offered to purchase the box set of LifeFlow for an additional $50. The offer also explained that the box set will only be shipped when you have completed the downloadable LifeFlow series. i.e. LF10 > LF1

Regards, Jodie :)

7. jodie

jodie Moderator

Take a look at the full page of real people having great results here:

Success Stories

Regards, Jodie :)

8. islovin

islovin Member

I am definitely a real person. AND i have been using Lifeflow since March 2009. I am almost done I am on level 2.

Jody...would i be able to get the box set when I am done for the $50?

Thanks

Irene

9. Grey

Grey Member

no it would be confirmation the community does not appreciate forum trolls. the person who started this thread had an honest question deserving of an answer from people in a position to have an answer based on personal experience with lifeflow and with this community. in the four minutes between the time you joined the community then made your post and left what exactly was your experience with the forum or lifeflow?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  10. Midnight

Midnight Member

Your suspicion is completely understandable, considering the fact that getting a genuinely good deal and having a great community usually sounds too good to be true. But I guess there is always an exception to this rule. Lifeflow and the PM community are part of that exception.

I don't work for the PM staff, nor am I robot. A real person with real experiences. LifeFlow works above and beyond what I expected.

Besides, if you do some reading around (it only takes looking at a thread or two) you'll see that no post looks as if any sort of artificial intelligence was capable of writing it. In fact, artificial intelligence has not reached a level where is it capable of believably mimicking human behavior. It probably won't for quite some time.

Have a nice day. :)

11. oneflewover

oneflewover Member

DC

Ive been with LF for 18 months and after checking out a lot of the competition decided to order. The decision was based on intuition and 30 years of meditation. Once I had got beyond LFs advertising :rolleyes: (I am British after all) and checked out the community it became clear that the people contributing were sincere, some extremely knowledgeable and very generous with that knowledge, others thirsty to learn. I check into the forum most days and there is no way that the communication going on there could be anything other than sincere and honest. It could not be maintained in the manner it is if it were'nt. It's merely life talking to itself after all....

Foucault1985

Lifeflow has helped teach me that most of life as we experience it is a 'scam' but more importantly it has has taught me how to become acquainted with that part that isnt. :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  12. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

So as you can see from Jodie's reply (she's the one who actually works here) it is indeed too good to be true - but it is simply a misunderstanding: The extra price for CDs is in addition to the total price for the series, not in addition to the first track. Since it actually does cost money to press and package CDs, it is hardly going to make Michael swim in money.

13. Edwin

Edwin Member

LOL !

check out the forum statistics:

Project Meditation Community Forum Statistics
    Threads: 2,483, Posts: 14,291, Members: 38,431

That would mean that Michael is really really really really active in posting to himself hahahaha !

I have been meditating with LifeFlow since 2007, and saw the birth of this forum. Over time, after having had contact with Michael through email several times, I have come to appreciate his integrity. In fact, I have heard numerous stories from forummembers who were offered a special deal because they were students, or couldn't pay for all because they were laid off or single mother or whatever.

Pollyanna knows him personally, she met him when he still lived in Scotland, just before he moved to the US. She too thinks of him as a special person.

To me there is no doubt that LF works. No scientific proof, just my personal opinion. And I am very thankful with this forum and will continue to contribute to it for as long as possible. My way of saying thanks to Michael.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  14. R8tmo

R8tmo Member

Hi DC,
    Hope you started Lifeflow and haven't asked for a refund yet. I was given a similar deal after I signed on for a new download every two months. It won't be until Nov. 2011 when I complete the 10 lifeflows. I just figured the complete set for cheap wouldn't be a good way to offer anybody and everybody. Lifeflow won't work well unless you do it daily and do each one for at least a month. I took the offer because I think after I stick with the program it will be nice to receive something cool to commemorate the milestone. Plus knowing about this now maybe gives me a little push to give Lifeflow meditation my fullest intention and not keep shopping around for other audio programs at least until I've given this one a good long committment. I'm into it for three months now and I can tell you that NO there is no heavy handed marketing that you have to bear. Happily no push to get you to tell all your friends and neighbors and get a freebie if they sign on. And I am a real person not propted to write this by Lifeflow support staff.
    Please don't misinterpret the offer as a scam. This program is adminitered with a lot of integrity. And good luck and success with Lifeflow and all you personal development endeavors! Regards, Bob

15. GilesC

GilesC Member

It could be, you're correct, but your wrong, it's not.

Michael has been busy then? Erm... no. I'm as real as reality itself (let's not get too philosophical about it though :D). With over 700 posts on this forum and over 12,000 on the forum I moderate on (e.g. this is me... Healing - why so many methods? - Healthypages) as well as over 14,000 posts on the technical forum (OTN Discussion Forums : Forum Home (but I won't identify myself over there as I like to keep work and pleasure seperate)) related to my job as a computer programmer, I'm just one helluva active forum person. hehe! :cool:

From what little contact I've had with Michael and the team, Michael is a very busy person and too busy to be monitoring and moderating these forums himself nowadays, although I know he was obviously more active in the early days of it.

And that's the great thing about theories, they're there to be proven of disproven. I'm guessing you can now assume it's disproven. :eek:

Hugs

Giles