1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

I'am new here and I need some help

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Domas, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Domas

Domas Member

Hi, I'am new here... I hope You can help me and give some advises on whats going on. For last 2 weeks I have been using Core Energy Meditation. I thought that this meditation could help me. So, I had to meditate on body center, heart center and brain center on every part few minutes (similar to chakra meditation), when I had to concentrate on brain part I felt fear sometimes huge fear and sometimes almost none. Few times I started to panick, but didn't stoped meditating. Everytime I sweat, sometimes I sweat alot. Since I start to use this technique I have lucid dreams every night. One time while meditated I saw a picture there was I, but bleeding from head in the same way as sweating except that was not sweat, that was blood. Also my heart few times started to beat faster and stronger, but that lasted few seconds. My head feels itchy and tingling everyday non-stop. Also I scared to reach deep state. My questions are: why I feel that huge fear? What that picture can mean and why I sweat alot? And why my head feels that way? Thank You for Your answers. * * * * * * * * P. S. I don't use this technique anymore, but after few days I tried basic breathing meditation for 4 minutes. After this meditation I felt something similar to flight or fight response, I thought I'am going crazy. I think it was anxiety attack. Now I feel huge fear to meditate... Please give me some advises, tips. Please, be gentle with answers. P. P. S. Sorry for bad english.

2. Domas

Domas Member

As I wait for help, I will write more. Now I feel very anxious, but can't understand why there is only anxiety feeling. Now I'am scared to meditate, I just can't sit and meditate. Also I'am kind of depressed also can't understand why, there was some thought about not worth living and it scaries me. Also I heard that it's possible to go insane from meditation, but I don't believe it. Can someone explain why it's possible or why not?

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Domas and welcome to the community,

Breathing meditation can sometimes be tricky to master. Often, by focusing on the breath, we end up trying to control the breathing rather than just observing it and letting ourselves breath naturally. Because we end up controlling it, we start to force the breathing into a regular pattern, and this can be unnatural for the body and cause unwanted physical sensations and that, in turn, can lead to anxiety and/or panic, and I believe this is what you are experiencing as your "flight or fight response".

Have you tried downloading the free "Discover Meditation" course from this site? It uses a mantra based meditation, similar to Transcendental Meditation, which just requires you observe the mantra repeating however it goes (fast, slow, loud, quiet, whatever), and this will allow your observation to be taken away from anything related to your physical being. It can lead to deep meditation, but this is nothing to be feared, as you can choose to end the meditation when you want, and the "deep" state is not some sort of trance that you would be trapped in, but is rather a complete sense of awareness of everything, in which any fears or feelings are just observed, but have no effect.

Hugs

Giles

4. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

Hi Domas

:)Welcome

Hope you are feeling somewhat better - these experiences can be rather frightening.

I wonder how long you were meditating for using the Core meditation and what, if any your previous experience of meditation was.

Also, you said you were trying the core meditation in the belief it would help you - was this a particular problem you were trying to fix or a general one?

If you are not experienced in meditation, meditating for long periods, especially spending more than a few seconds on one part of the body can easily bring up a lot of the old emotions we all have stored in our bodies.
    Instead of being gently released, they can whoosh up and overwhelm us - like paddling too far out into the sea when we can't swim and being swamped by an unexpectedly big wave.

As Giles has advised, the mantra meditation is a gentler alternative.

Just now I would advise a very gentle approach which will allow things to settle down before getting into longer periods of meditation.

Sit very comfortably with no strain on the body - could be in a chair, back to the wall and legs in a comfy position or even lying down with your head a little elevated.

For the first session, meditate for no longer than five minutes. As you are breathing in imagine that you are breathing in peace. As you are breathing out allow the body to relax. You can do it part by part - the arms, the legs, the chest etc etc or just enjoy the feeling of relaxing the whole body, whichever feels best to you.

If this brings up the same overwhelming feelings, just stop and give us more information on your background and your meditation experience as in the questions above.

If it is fine, add one minute to the next session. Keep adding one minute if all is well. When you get to ten minutes without any problems you can use this technique just for the first few minutes and then use whatever technique is suitable for you for the rest of the session.

Go very gently to let all this stuff you have stirred up settle down again. Meditation will help to deal with it but it has to be done at a pace that you can cope with. It is as if you needed to clean out the bottom of a dirty pond and you dived in with a whirling tool to gather up all the rubbish. The result was that you stirred up so much of the sediment that your vision is blocked so you can't see where you are going. The sediment needs to settle again so the top layers of water are clear again, and then you can tackle the dredging bit by bit.

We are here to help however we can - keep us informed about how you are doing.
    sending peace and joy:)

5. Domas

Domas Member

Core Energy Meditation had to "remove" all negativity, bad thoughts, behaviour, old memories and feelings. I think it was too powerful. I meditated using it 16 days, 20 minutes. Almost week ago I stopped to use it, but only 3 or 4 days ago I started to feel this way. I thought lifeflow should help. What can You suggest meditate or stop for some time? Can You suggest some meditation techniques to relax body and mind? I used mantra meditation for few weeks, before that basic breathing meditation. EDIT: I meditated with mantras for almost 5 minutes. I feel calmer and a little tired. I sweated much, but fear almost vanished. Now my head and whole body lighter. Thanks for this advise, now I feel waaay better. :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  6. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

Hi Domas

So glad you are feeling so much better:):):)

You said in your last post:-

'Core Energy Meditation had to "remove" all negativity, bad thoughts, behaviour, old memories and feelings. I think it was too powerful.'

I think this is an unrealistic goal for any meditation technique.

We have no control over what arises in the mind. We can begin to notice our reactions to what arises and our actions that follow. If we can stay with a detached observation of what is going on, noticing the cause and effect, then our reaction does become less and our actions are more informed and a little wiser.

The meditative state gives us space to notice. In the beginning it may not seem like it as the mind hurries along catching one thought after another. As we become aware of this frenetic thinking we can gently turn the awareness back to our chosen technique. As the mind quietens - it will - just give it time, the thoughts arise still but we don't go after them, they just fizzle out by themselves as we stay with our technique.

It is difficult to let go of the idea of 'fixing ourselves'. We want to be other than we are - relaxed not tense, wise not foolish, well-behaved not badly behaved, etc etc. Meditation is not about fixing things. We have a wisdom inside that has already fixed everything. All we have to do is clear a space to let it through.

It's like we are in a huge stuffy room full of big sharp objects with the window held closed and the release strap is buried under all this rubbish. We can hurt ourselves by trying to clamber over the sharp rubbish, tugging at the strap, getting cut and frustrated. Or, we can gradually and mindfully pick up the rubbish bit by bit. The release strap will be uncovered and the window will open by itself.

enjoy the adventure:cool:
    peace and joy

7. Domas

Domas Member

Hazelkay, thank You for Your answers, You helped me alot. Now I feel bravier and will continue to meditate. What do You think about this plan: I will meditate using mantras until september 1, after that start to use LifeFlow, do You think it's a good idea? :)

8. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

Hi Domas

You have great courage and determination which really help when journeying inside.

It's good to have goals, as long as they remain flexible.

Your plan is a good one. Take things day by day and see how they go. If you get to 1 September and you are feeling good then try meditating with Lifeflow, using your mantra - have a short first session and if all is well gradually increase the time.

If things are not going so well, keep on with the short sessions with your mantra and just let the time arise naturally when using Lifeflow seems the right thing to do.

peace and joy:)

9. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov Member

My two cents

It looks to me as if the Core Energy Meditation program is a form of Raja Yoga. That's a powerful form of meditation that releases a tremendous amount of energy. I've practiced Raja Yoga for 13 years and the advice I can give you is this: you need to take it slow. For instance, in my practice of Raja Yoga, I wasn't given breathing exercises for the first 8 years. It's also important to be involved in some type of service activity to keep the circulation of energy flowing, otherwise you are creating blockages. The service can be physical such as helping an elderly neighbor, emotional such as improving a relationship with someone in your life, or mental such as visualizing a situation that would better the world. You choose what your service will be. My two cents would be to back off of that meditation form for now and go with Giles' advice of downloading the "Discover Meditation" course from this site. That's my view of your situation.

10. Domas

Domas Member

Thank You for advise. Now I use mantras and visualize me as a tree, I think I should be grounded. How long can these feelings last until I will feel comfortable again? Yes, it's very powerful, for young and unexperinced guy like me is too powerful... Sometimes old memories or fears arises. Sometimes I feel peace inside and around me. Also feel joy and Love out of nowhere. If You know maybe You can explain these feelings? :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  11. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov Member

Sometimes it's not about you but the group of people that you are associated with on the inner planes. This can be hard to nail down but sometimes a group's energy will influence you. All the people in the group will feel those same things but unless they are in touch with each other the feelings appear to be isolated occurrences. And you're left scratching your head wondering what it's all about. Raja Yoga is about group work. Just my experience on the matter. Maybe other people have different thoughts.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  12. Domas

Domas Member

Is it safe to use discover meditation now? Will it help?

13. rur031

rur031 Member

HI Domas,nice to know that you are making progress.

peace and joy