1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

I think I know

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Kauil, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Kauil

Kauil Member

So, until this morning everything I've read about enlightenment, finding your true self and some such has been only on the theoretical level.

This is very difficult to write about because on the level of language and logic, there's really nothing to write about.

So this morning I found myself aware of where I am. Where the self is located. I don't know what was aware of what, but there was a simple, a very fundamental knowing of the self. I knew exactly where I was, yet I had no idea. It's not like I could pinpoint myself exactly in a 3-dimentional space, there was just knowledge (or actually awareness) of where I was.

It was like "Oh, I'm here, and I've always been here." I just had not been very aware of it until that. But it was very clear that this is how I've always been. Right here, like this.

Reeally difficult to write about. :D A very mundane experience, not really an experience at all because there was in a way no difference to how I normally experience my self. There was sort of more clarity, but then again, nope, not really.

But I've been like "HOLY SHIT" ever since this morning, thinking to myself "OHHH now I know what all that talk has been about. Now I have first-hand information of what it is.

Looking back at the "experience", I also strongly feel that it is ME who this happened to, I'm special etc. In the moment when it was ongoing, though, I wasn't excited or anything, it felt very..... normal, usual.

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Kauil,

Yep, you got it! That is the moment of self realization, and you were aware of it.

Now you know it exists, you have proven it to yourself, and you can stop trying to find it and just know that it is there.

It's amazing isn't it how you can theoretically talk about it and logically understand it, but you only really come to know it when you get that initial moment of realization.

As you say, you just can't put it into words or actually tell someone else how to experience it, all you can do is try and point them towards it and hope they too will get that self realization too.

Hugs

Giles

3. olmate

olmate Member

Go you...

Olmate

4. Kauil

Kauil Member

Well, I'm still looking for it. Or my mind thinks it's an achievement, so I'm trying to think what should I do to make it happen again. But thinking back to it, it was so obviously always here... interesting.

Also funny how Benjamin Smythes videos started being about the topics in my life preceding last weekend. Then in the morning after this glimpse, I go home and find a video of him saying he will no longer be making videos. Well, the point came across alright.

My question now is, how to make it permanent? But I guess I already know the answer.

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

Experiences can never be permanent. Experiences come into existence, thus they have to disappear again.

How about that which observes the experiences... Didn't it allready have to be there in order for the experience to appear in it ? And isn't it still there when the experience has passed ?

6. Kauil

Kauil Member

The truth of it is apparently already there, but how do I tune to it?

I feel kinda stupid asking this, since it was obvious it was already there. It's like my mind is telling me it was an experience that can be repeated. But if I remember back to it, I'd be compelled to say that I am experiencing it right now, as always.

Hmm no idea. I guess meditation might work.

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

When I was walking alongside the beach today, I stumbled upon the same wave I ran into last week...

How can you repeat an experience ? Stop looking for a renewal of the past, and live the moment !

8. pini85

pini85 New Member

How do you get to self awarness?I just started meditation yesterday.Does it take weeks,months,years?

9. Kauil

Kauil Member

Well by the looks of it, you're already self-aware.

If I count from the day I first learned about enlightenment, then it's been almost 2 years. Some seek for tens of years, some even longer.

10. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov Member

Life entails ever expanding realizations about the true nature of you and the world you live in. Enjoy the ride!