1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

I passed my exam with 100!

Discussion in 'Project Meditation - Success Stories' started by grl2kl4skl, Apr 20, 2010.

1. grl2kl4skl

grl2kl4skl Member

LF is just outstanding! I received the CDs on friday and decided to give it a shot. I have tried all sorts of brain enhancement technologies( from brainsync to iMusic) , but this is by far the best. So, on monday, all my classmates were stressed out about this super very important exam that afternoon so be4 I went to school I just listened to LF 10 and it worked wonders : all my fears and my anxiety were gone, replaced by a sense of wellbeing and fulfillment. I also listened to optimal learning right be4 the exam,and i felt very confident and focused. I totally aced it! I am so happy that I stumbled upon this amazing technology!

My question is, can I move on to LF9 after only 2 weeks of the previous cd? I have been meditating and using LOA for the past 3 years so i wonder whether thats a problem - BTW, I am able to stay awake during the entire cd.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there and congratulations :) That's wonderful news and I am so happy for you. I totally agree with you that LF is outstanding and I think you were very wise to play Optimal Learning just before your exam ;)

I can understand your excitement in wanting to move through the levels faster, however, I truly believe that even though you have been meditating and using LOA for three years (and well done for that) you will gain maximum benefits by spending a month with each level.

Each LifeFlow level is important and after using the LF system for over 3 years I continue to enjoy meditation with each of the levels and will do so for the rest of my life.

I am excited to hear about your continuing progress. Once again, well done with your exam and I wish you an abundance of peace, joy and outstanding exam results :) :) :)

3. sogno

sogno Member

Lifeflow during pregnancy

Hi there,

I am sorry if this question have been asked already. I am too hormonal to search the entire site he he. Is Lifeflow safe during pregnancy? I am so miserable at the moment. I haven't listen to lifeflow for quite sometime now, that is just the way I am, up and down, but now, in the first few weeks of my pregnancy, I feel so misarable and I could really do with it

Hope you are all happy and well

Sogno

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Sogno,

I don't recall reading anything anywhere, officially or unofficially, about not meditating or doing lifeflow during pregnancy, and I can't think of any valid reason myself why it would be detrimental to pregnancy, in fact I would have though the relaxation and stillness you would achieve would be beneficial to pregnancy, as I have certainly heard about research that shows babies who were in the womb during anxious/stressful times for the mother exhibited different behavioural patterns as children than those who were, for example, played soothing music or talked to in the womb.

:)

Hugs

Giles

5. Grey

Grey Member

somewhere there is a post where a forum member said he and his wife played life flow in the delivery room during their child's birth because it was so calming. they highly recommended it.

6. paulmed

paulmed Member

I've been playing LifeFlow 9 for my granddaughters (2 and 4) to take their afternoon naps. Been doing it for well over a month now, on continuous loop. It seems to help them get to sleep straight away, and sleep soundly.

If I forget, the older one will say, "I want the water on."

Can't imagine Life Flow could do anything other than help with a pregnancy. After all, everybody is taught various breathing techniques for delivery, presumably to ease the pain and cause a calming affect.

Maybe If I had Life Flow back in the day, my wife wouldn't have buried her fingernails into my arms.

"Ouch, I'm sorry I caused you to be like this" :p

paulmed

7. sogno

sogno Member

Hi guys,

thank you all for your replies. I did't realise pregnancy could be such a bad experience, with all the mather to be that I met who claimed to be a fantastic experience.... I am that depressed and sick all the time. Hopefully LF will ease this experience.

thanks again

Lots of love
    S

8. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Sogno,

It doesn't have to be a bad experience. Clearly there will be changes happening in the body, such as changes to hormone levels etc. and these can have an effect on the way the body physically feels as well as the way the brain functions. For example, seratonin is a hormone that is important for the correct functioning of the brain and when levels of seratonin fall this is a common cause of depression. Seratonin is often referred to as the "happy hormone" ;)

However, these are the things that are happening in the mind and the body and clearly you can observe these things happening.... but... if you are observing them, you can't be them. You are actually the observer and you can choose to distance yourself from the thoughts and activities of the mind or the pains and discomfort of the body and recognise that nothing, absolutely nothing, can stop you from being You, the observer.

Saying that, you do need to observe what is going on with the body and mind, and act in accordance with the needs of them. So, if you are observing pain in the body, you can stay detached from the pain, but take action to deal with the cause. Likewise with the mind, if you observe that it is not favourable i.e. it is becoming depressed or upset, you can observe this from outside and objectively look at what the causes are and what action can be done to help resolve it. These may involve seeing your doctor, but you can at least start to recognise that You are not sick, and You are not depressed, these are things of the body and mind that can be overcome with patience and postive action.

Keep us posted how you get on.

Hugs

Giles

9. sogno

sogno Member

Hi Giles,

Thank you for your reply. I know that it is all in my mind although it does feel so real. Maybe it is my sorrow arising from the knowledge that he does not want to know us that is manifesting itself in physical and emotional pain.
    It will pass

Thanks again,

10. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

Sogno, it isn't just "in your mind". Giles is absolutely right; the changes taking place are in both your mind and your body. They're not imaginary. Take comfort in knowing that for most women the lion's share of the unpleasant hormonal changes occur during the first trimester. Once you get past that 12th week the fluctuations are somewhat less and your body has learned to adapt itself better to the changes yet to come, so you get relief in two ways.

I have a niece who is currently carrying her second child. During both the current as well as the first pregnancy she was subjected to very prolonged morning sickness which, as she told me, is a terrible name for it since it started in the morning and lasted until she fell asleep at night. She's only just recently passed into her second trimester and found the discomfort is largely relieved. Till now we've spent much time with her stimulating the various acupuncture points to help bring relief. Let me suggest a couple that might help alleviate some of the changes you're going through.

Below is Pericardium 6 or "PC6", known as Nei Guan. There's probably not a better point on the entire human body for relieving nausea and upset stomach, whether it comes from morning sickness, motion sickness, flu, or because you just ate something you shouldn't have.

[​IMG]

If the point is very sensitive as it sometimes is when you're really nauseated, just press lightly on it for 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off. Do this about 3 times. You'll probably notice relief within just a minute or two. After it loses some of its initial sensitivity try pressing slightly harder and massaging it using small circles. You can also tap on it lightly as though using EFT. This is also effective.

The next point helps when you're feeling anxious, agitated, upset, or just out of sorts. This one is Heart 7 (HT7), known as Shenmen, or the "Spirit Gate".

[​IMG]

HT7 is best used with either a steady pressure of with the 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off method. It's very easy to stimulate this point without anyone even knowing you're doing it which makes it useful if you're at work or elsewhere in public, but you can also work it while you're relaxing or just watching television. This point will help you to feel more calm and generally peaceful.

You'll probably benefit if you use these points even when you're feeling fine. Think of it as preventative acupressure that will assist in keeping unpleasant feelings from building up in the first place.

Give them a try and see if they make pregnancy a bit more pleasant. Both of these points, by the way, are considered safe for use during pregnancy. Not all points are, so if you're going to experiment on your own with acupressure be sure to look up your references in reputable material that gives contraindications and will spell out clearly whether a particular point is or is not recommended during pregnancy.

11. tronyoo

tronyoo Member

Hello,
    Yes you are right it is really very helpful. i am also trying this and i think that i am getting some benefit. your story is really great it will inspire many people's

thanks!!

12. Midnight

Midnight Member

Lifeflow has also had great effects on my studying habits and my school performance. Since I'm peaceful on the inside, I feel like I can listen to the lecture and enjoy it. I tend to remember information more, as well.

13. fordham89@aol.com

[email protected] New Member

Can kids use the meditation program

I am new to this community and i have 4 kids who cannot sit still or keep there mouth shut for more than a minutes. We are home schooling and would like to incorporate meditation into the lesson plan.

Is is safe to have a 10, 12, 13 and a 15 year old use the program to meditate? Any suggest would be helpfully.

I started using level 10 last week and have see some results.

Ian

14. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Ian and welcome to the community. I have copied the following from one of "The Good Life" issues Michael sent out some time ago. Hope it helps and I wish you and yours an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

LifeFlow has been specifically designed to dramatically speed up the process of meditation which can otherwise take years and even decades to master.

That being said, meditation is just one activity that may be enhanced by LifeFlow audio technology.

You’ve discovered already that in certain brain wave frequencies the brain releases numerous highly beneficial hormones and substances to improve your health, happiness and longevity.

You’ve also learned how to protect yourself from EMF pollution with LifeFlow 7.

Now you can discover how more and more people are making use of the extra invaluable benefits that the LifeFlow series has to offer and here are a few examples:-

“I have two daughters, ages 8 and 6. I too play the LifeFlow series for them, but I play different tracks for them at different times depending on what they're doing at the time.

For example:
    If they're doing homework or studying, I play one of the tracks from the Alpha range (LifeFlow 10, 9, or 8). To quote Michael, "LifeFlow 10, 9 and 8 are various levels of Alpha brain waves." "(Alpha waves) range in frequency from 8 to 12.9 Hz. We enter into a 'Super learning' state within the higher end of Alpha and we also produce calming neuro chemicals."

So from what I understand, these tracks help produce brainwave patterns that are conducive to learning, and relaxing (VERY helpful when they are agitated and don't want to do homework!)

If it's bed time, I play LifeFlow tracks 7, 6, 5, and 4. Again, to quote from this site, "LifeFlow 7, 6, 5 and 4 are various levels within the Theta brain waves." "Theta waves have a frequency range of 4 to 7.9 Hz. Theta waves are frequently accompanied by unexpected, dreamlike mental images. Quite often these images can be accompanied by vivid memories, predominantly childhood memories. Theta is associated with healing, enhanced creativity, sudden insight (eureka or ah-ha moments) when everything suddenly becomes clear."

I feel like they settle down more easily, are more open to healing conversations about their day and their lives, and are more receptive to creative thought that might help them reframe a difficult situation in their lives.

After they have fallen asleep, I switch to LifeFlow tracks 3, 2, & 1. "LifeFlow 3, 2 and 1 are various levels within Delta brain waves." "Delta waves are the slowest brain waves ranging in frequency from 0.1 to 3.9. Usually people are asleep during delta, however there is proof that it is possible to stay alert in this state—an extremely deep trance-like state. Also it is within delta that our brains are triggered to release great quantities of healing growth hormone."

LifeFlow is amazing! With the LifeFlow program you have the opportunity to use what you know about the mind to help your children grow and develop to their fullest potential.

Shine on,”
    Joshua

LifeFlow in the delivery room.

“My wife and I recently had our second child and we decided to have Life Flow play in the delivery room. The music was absolutely amazing at keeping us both calm and focused during the entire process. After the baby was born my wife often listened to the recordings (with headphones) as she breast fed. I won't go into to many more details unless you folks want to hear about it. I just wanted you all to know that I love this product. I think the quality of the recordings speak for themselves. One of the BEST investments I ever made.”

-Foojoy

Creative Flow is so versatile.

I couldn't believe it when I read about Creative flow, Optimal learning and Lifeflow 10 being good for children and pets in a recent newsletter! So I've put it to the test and here's what I've found so far:-
    My daughter has been playing optimal learning and Lifeflow 10 in the background whilst my 6 year old grandson has been doing his French homework for over a week now and although it's too early to know if he is academically improving she has definitely noticed that he isn't always trying to leave some homework for later, he just gets on with it.

Before he always used to ask all the time to go and play (who wouldn't?) Both my grandchildren, aged 6 and 4 often get out of bed a number of times with various excuses (as they do) Again we have been playing Creative Flow quietly in the background during their bedtime story and it is working wonders relaxing them.

We have a weekly family business meeting on Mondays. We have been playing Creative Flow in the background and good ideas are definitely flowing much more easily.

We have four little dogs and one of them has always been very nervous. We have been playing Creative Flow again in the background for them - we're not sure if we're imagining an improvement in the nervous one - it may be wishful thinking, but all of them definitely seem to relax more when it's playing. Anyway I'm amazed with the whole thing.” Pollyanna

Now, you can optimize your LifeFlow series and enjoy life to the max.

Discover why each LifeFlow level creates a foundation for the next deeper level in your next support email

Have a great week-end,

Yours for HUGE meditation success,

Michael Mackenzie.

15. GilesC

GilesC Member

I've not come across any evidence to suggest it would not be safe.
    The key IMHO would be to start with teaching the kids meditation (meditation is taught to lots of kids around the world, especially in places where Transcendental or other mantra meditation is used in society) and then allow the use of the Lifeflow tracks gradually.

The TM movement has a community over in America where all families practice meditation and the kids do it as a part of their school curriculum every morning before lessons.

David Lynch (writer and director of Twin Peaks, Eraserhead, Blue Velvet and many other films) also practices TM and has his own foundation for getting meditation introduced into schools...

Transcendental Meditation : Education : David Lynch Foundation

So, I say, Go For It! ;)

16. ellie76

ellie76 Member

turn pain to life giving energy

As Ta-Tsu-Wa said is not just in your mind, IT IS REAL. But instead of letting the pain of the knowledge that the father doesn't want you or the baby, grab that pain and turn it to life giving energy for you and the child. You'll find a way to make it happen, believe me. There is nothing you can't achieve, just focus on it.

I lost my husband a year ago, leaving me with a 4 years old daughter. Two months latter I discovered (by chance) and purchased LifeFlow and the well of knowledge that is this forum. Started reading, searching and heeding the words of wisdom that you can find all over this place, and apply them to my (destroyed) life. Lately I've even started to teach my little princess some simple steps

Now, one year later, can tell you for certain that yes I have changed, my life has changed and I've grown. Thanks to all the caring people that still exist in the world and are gathered here :)

My advice to you: keep your head high, start doing things that will boost your mood (meditation being one of them) and just imagine the sweet moments when you'll keep your baby in your arms. You are not alone

Love and joy to all