1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

I need to wake up...depression ? Please help

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by daisy3, May 31, 2009.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

Ha, a simple question !

First of all, breathing is one of those functions that you never have to worry about.
    You have been doing it all along since you were born, and in 99% of this time, you were not aware of it.
    Aware or not, your body will do the breathing for you. Just like heartbeats.

Define normal.

Normal as in "my usual constant breathing" ?
    or
    "OH MY GOD I haven't breathed in like 10 seconds, I AM GOING TO DIE AAAAAAAAAAAH"

During meditation, your metabolism slows down. One of the reasons why you are not supposed to eat at least 30 mins. to an hour before meditation.
    You are sitting still, thought and stress come to a halt, your body goes into "Energy saving" mode.

How much oxygen do you really need ? 6 breaths a minute ? 4 ? 2 ?

I have never ever heard of a person passing out during meditation because he forgot to breathe.

Trust your body to breathe when you need to :)

2. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Breathing....

Hi daffodil,
    Edwin's excellent post pointing out that meditators require much less oxygen reminded me of my "first time" with Level 7 when I "jumped ahead" and used the LF7 CD...passage below from my thread:

The experience of shallow breathing during deeper meditation is quite amazing and made all the more noticable as it was my first steady run at the entrained theta brainwave range.

Thanks Edwin for helping me recall my first thread started on this amazing forum! :D

Daffodil, you are in good hands with Edwin.:)

shine on

jim

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

:eek::D hihi you are making me giggle... not right for a man my age :rolleyes:

4. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Edwin
    sorry i meant to say hold my breath after first 5 or 10 mins not stop. It might be just a be a silly question but i've still got it.

Define normal.

"Normal as in "my usual constant breathing" ? . Yes

or

("OH MY GOD I haven't breathed in like 10 seconds, I AM GOING TO DIE AAAAAAAAAAAH"
    . No

"I have never ever heard of a person passing out during meditation because he forgot to breathe."

Neither have I . LOL.

"Trust your body to breathe when you need it."
    Will do .thanks.
    I read your other awesome post on "Ego" just in time when i needed it. I'm
    half way through "The power of Now" and i understand with my head in theory but i've yet to experience to feel my "being" which i know is there and it'll take some digging before i embrance it.I need to shed a lot of baggage.
    Thank you for your prompt post.
    daffodil.

5. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Hi Jim,
    Thank you for sharing your first thread.It was interesting and insightful to go through.there's always something to learn here.
    How are you getting on with your meditation .I'm sure enjoying it a lot. As you know i went into this stage but feel better now.I have a lot of things to
    change.By the way you made the best investment with your mum's christmas
    gift, i bet you are one happy person with that decision. That reminds me i'm
    on level 9 now.I've just downloaded and listened to it yesterday.
    According to some members description lvl 9 contains sounds of thunder but
    it's more like a whiring helicopter to me,The sound is also very shakey rather vibrative ,therefore i was wondering if anything
    went wrong technically while downloading it. that can't be possible , could it? ,having said that i listened to it on a low volume. Just want to wait a couple of days before i begin meditating on it.

"Daffodil, you are in good hands with Edwin"
    I know jim, hope he'll be in the forum for a long time.
    Thank you your warm support.
    take care,
    daffodil

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  6. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Level 7 is the one that is supposed to sound like thunder (because it resonates with the Earth's Schumann Resonance, which is powered by lightning). Level 9 sounds like running water (as in babbling brook or some such) combined with a faint music that repeats every couple seconds. It is very monotonous. Of course, the main effect of the underlying sound pattern is quite independent of this. The more obvious soundscapes are really just cosmetic, but at least you don't need to check whether you have started the right track.

7. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Thank you

daffodil