1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

I know this is off topic....

Discussion in 'Your Suggestions' started by Eady, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Eady

Eady Member

But I have always been a seeker for truth now recently this year actually I got just a little more into politics which is probably the worst thing I could have done probably because I wanted to become something that was never my intention from the beginning.

Anyway lately I have done research in both religion and politics which is probably the best thing I could have done (as far as finding the truth) and at the same time got involved with spirituality now I've done some research on these topics, by the way I know these are touchy subjects and I'm not posting to offend anyone but this has been on the back of my mind I got different opinions about this matter and whats going on in the world.

Lets start with religion as far as I can remember my mother had me involved in religion since I was able to walk maybe even before that. earlier this year I was on another forum that was base on finding a purpose in life and being authentic and as we discuss different issues in the world we came upon the subject of religion.

Someone had posted videos which truly opened my eyes to what is really going on at first I was angry but after purging my self of these afflicting emotions I was actually liberated and not as hard on myself as I once was.

There were dualities to this at least that is what it meant to me the first was that religion does teach you good morals and to be loving and kind but at the same time how can you be these things when society try to use these things to control you ( I know I'm being vague here if you want further clarification please let me know)

So after learning what I learned about the origins of religion I became an atheist and only put trust in myself and people who want to do good in this planet.

But upon learning this I found out the history of politics (again I know I'm being vague but this post is going to be long so again if you want further clarification just let me know) I found out whats really been going on and how these wars been getting started and as far as why nations around the world been suffering other than what we been doing and trying to understand about ego and emotions.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is there's an ominous new dark age coming upon us if something is not done soon to remedy this problem our current president isn't doing a thing about it but making it worse :( :confused: :mad:he is considerd a modern day hitler because he adopted carbon copies of hitlers policies and if something isn't done to stop it genocide is one of our many problems to worry about now being this is a very supportive community and a lot of people have become awakened or enlightened which ever you want to call it and I've only meditated consistently to Life Flow 10 right now I have been more relaxed and calmer but still negativity is everywhere and right now I could use some guidance on this matter.

I know I haven't contributed much to this forum but to be honest I don't have much that I know of to contribute but I guess what I'm asking is what would any of you do if you knew what I knew about our world's current situation would you find ways to help change it or take the serenity let go and accept that it's beyond my control and have faith that everything will be ok and take my coach's advice about god being the greatest lover of man and just do some soul searching about my purpose in life.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Consider the magnitude of your undertaking. If you have become happy in your own life, if you have managed to guide your family to happiness, if you have made your immediate neighbors happy and those you work with in your workplace... then a single town is still a challenge orders of magnitude greater, and finding the right thing to do for a whole state would still be beyond your horizon. Each new level of influence and responsibility brings whole new challenges, not just the same challenges on a larger scale. More complexities, more special cases that must be taken into consideration. They are not just "cases" either, they are real people, as real as yourself, and their happiness or failure is as important as yours. Are you ready to face judgment for the outcome of their life? If so, you may start to approach politics, first by seeing what you can do at the local level where people know you and respect you already.

3. Fergusclan

Fergusclan Member

Working within your own "sphere of influence" and not resisting what you can't change comes to mind.

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

I had the exact same thought when reading Itlandm's post Fergusclan !

An example Eady:

Etty Hillesum

This Dutch Jewish woman wrote a book about her spiritual enlightenment and how wonderfull life was while she was in Westerbork, a work-camp for Jews in the Netherlands.

Among other quotes, this one stands out, as it was written as she was forced to live in old rags, walk barefoot in one of the coldest winters of the last century in flee and lice infected tents, and ultimately she was killed. I think the Nazi's never knew just what they did when they killed this woman:

“A desire to kneel down sometimes pulses through my body, or rather it is as if my body has been meant and made for the act of kneeling. Sometimes, in moments of deep gratitude, kneeling down becomes an overwhelming urge, head deeply bowed, hands before my face.”
    Etty Hillesum

She was under the influence of one of the biggest crimes against man, the holocaust. Yet, she didn't fight it, she continued her search for spiritual enligthenment within her religion and tradition, and wrote down her feelings in a diary.
    And this diary changed the world in retrospect. She never wrote it for that, she just felt she lived fully in the Now, and felt immense gratitude for all that she had, as little as it was at that time.
    She worked within her own "sphere of influence".

We can do only so much, and have to work only there where we can reach. And sometimes that is more than we think we can. Our responsibility is there where we can do something. And we have nothing to choose, as we are guided by Presence Awareness while we are Presence Awareness.

If you are interested:
    Her book, "An Uninterrupted Life" was republished in 1999 by Persephone Books in English.

5. Eady

Eady Member

Thank you all for your replies thus far some pretty heavy stuff but also definitely something to consider I am definitely not ready for that kind of responsibility I have my own stuff to deal with right now.

Edwin I think I heard of some similar situation that happened to some men that went through the same thing and they to have reached some sort of enlightenment, appreciation, and gratitude thank you for sharing that with me.

I guess all that an be done is have faith and I will keep meditating hopoing to see the truth like edwin and pollyana

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

A simple thing that can create a worldwide ripple effect

Found this in my journal - I think it was written from someone in a University and passed around. Just little things can make a world of difference and you never know how many lives they touch :)

Smiling is infectious - you catch it like the flu,

When someone smiled at me today I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin,

When he smiled I realized I'd passed it on to him.

I thought about that smile, then I realized its worth,

A single smile, just like mine - could travel round the earth.

So, if you feel a smile begin, don't leave it undetected

Let's start an epidemic quick, and get the world infected!

It never ceases to amaze me how many lives are touched and improved because of this wonderful community, peace and joy to all :) :) :)

7. merlin

merlin Member