1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

I have a question that has been bothering me

Discussion in 'The Law Of Attraction' started by Arius, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Arius

Arius Member

Isn't meditating for abundance the exact opposite of enlightenment? Doesn't abundance create attachments that oppose enlightenment?

I can't seem to justify utilizing the Tao for abundance by seeking it. It seems contradictory.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I don't think people are meditating for abundance here. I can only say for myself that my reason is that meditation helps us to gradually release backlogs of stress and suppressed emotions. In order to do this, suppressed emotions will at some point be brought to the surface during meditation to allow them to be released.
    Meditation cultivates the inner observer, and by observing this process we can realize a whole range of ingenious possibilities of dealing with each situation in life instead of resisting and suffering. I have found so much inner peace and joy along with endless health benefits within 12 months.

This section is for the Law of Attraction which I believe is happening whether we like it or not - if we focus on problems we attract more or if we focus on happiness, peace or prosperity we attract more. I believe it's much better to think consciously and create your own future than to be a slave to the automatic and pre-programmed mind. I've also experienced fantastic results with this. I hope this allays any concerns for you. Are you using LifeFlow? So many are achieving great results with this. Happiness and joy :) :) :)

3. Arius

Arius Member

I am new to LifeFlow, just downloaded it and hope to learn it.

I am open to most things, have experienced much, and hope to contribute at some level here.

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi again, I recommend you read the following report on LifeFlow "What Exactly Is LifeFlow & What Can It Do For You? " Hope this helps you, happiness and joy :) :) :)

5. Arius

Arius Member

I have some experience with binaural training, using Hemi-sync mostly. It was my introduction to meditation, and is pretty good.

I will try LifeFlow shortly...I look forward to the experience.

Take care!

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

Interesting question Arius !

Of course there are a lot of people who wondered the same in the past, that's why monastairies ( christians and buddhists alike ) took a "vow of poverty" amongst other reasons....

The way I see it there are 2 ways to forget about money problems:
    1. you can seperate yourself from everyday life and become a monk in order to reach enlightenment.
    This requires charity to provide you with food and shelter, and keep you healthy.

2. You can grow so rich that you don't have to worry about money anymore, and use your resources not only for the good of you, but also for the benefit of others that are in greater need. Now you can be the one donating instead of receiving.

I am quite sure both the monk and the rich man can reach enlightenment. Since my wife probably won't allow me to become a monk :rolleyes: I will have to settle with becoming rich :p

Maybe I put it a bit simple, but I think it is important not to over-complicate life.

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

I dare say that there is no product in the market today that is as effective as LifeFlow.

You will LOVE it !