1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

I as One of Many

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Karmoh, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Recently I picked up a book in a coffee shop by Ken Wilber, The Simple Feeling of Being. While sipping coffee I came across a statement that actually rocked my non-dual world.

Why does Spirit bother to manifest at all, especially when that manifestation is necessarily painful and requires that it become amnesiac to its true identity? Why does god incarnate?

Or words to that effect

6 months ago I would have smiled and gone about my business.
    But if I’m awareness, stillness, oneness, why would oneness, ever give rise to the many?
    And then tempt the real “I” as the root of the many to find something that is not lost, just forgotten. :confused:

Sometimes “I” read far too much. :)

Peace :)

2. olmate

olmate Member

Hi Karmoh,

Potentiality.

Nothing but the best...

Olmate

3. Uplift

Uplift Guest

Gidday Karmoh, I think its something like why people, especially as kids, like being scared, or like scary movies, or sad movies, or like being chased, etc. That way it's not really effecting us but entertaining us. But the truth is, who knows...God knows. If your urge to know is strong enough, you'll get an answer.

4. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi Olmate,

So, the nature of "things" might happen or not happen. In our case it did, hence we suffer?

5. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi Uplift,

So life’s a game, as humans we wanted to play, so to make the game interesting we had to take the role of another (or many) but as humans, we have forgotten that we are playing both side. :)

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

I often asked myself similar questions. The only reason which comes to my mind, why all that is, is created, is just because its possible. What is possible, must be manifested, it seems. But that of course throws in the next question... why is it that way?? :D

7. Ramai

Ramai Member

That’s how all started. Is there more, more to create, enjoy and love?

8. olmate

olmate Member

Hi Karmoh,

To point to the insights of Ken Wilber through integral spirituality …

In the very deepest part of you, you know You, and I know I and We know this: your very Self is the Self of all that is and all that ever shall be, and the history of the entire kosmos is the history of your very own Being and Becoming, you can feel it in Your bones because You know that is what You are, in the deepest parts of you when you stop lying to yourself about who and what You really are.

And what you are is the great unborn, timeless and eternal, in its 1st person perspective as the great I, the great Self, the witness of this computer screen, and this room, and this universe, and everything in it, witnessing it All with a passionate equanimity that leaves you alone as the Unmoved Mover. You are likewise the great unborn, timeless and eternal, in its 2nd person perspective as the great Thou, the Great Other, before whom you bow in an infinite act of complete release and savage surrender and ecstatic submission, and receive in return the entire Kosmos as your blessing and your forgiveness and your eternal grace. You are likewise the great unborn, timeless and eternal, in its 3rd person perspective as the Great Perfection, the holy Spirit, the great Web of Life in all its infinite perfection and dynamic chaos, its pulsating pulsars and exploding nebulae, its stars and galaxies and planets and oceans, through which runs the common blood and beats the single heart of an Eros again, and always finding it yet once more, because You always know that You are here, don’t you? And so in fun and sport and play and delight, and remorse and terror and agony and respite, You throw yourself out to start the play all over again, in this, the deepest part of You that gives birth to galaxies within Your heart, lets the stars light up as the neurons in your brain, sings songs of love and delight to the submission and surrender of Your own good night, and all of this within the present space that is You, the space that You feel as your own I, or this ever-present Witness of the forms of your own play.

And in the great I, as You witness the Forms of your own play as the entire Kosmos – in that very moment, which is this timeless NOW that has no beginning and no end, there is simultaneously Spirit in the 1st person and 2md person and 3rd person forms, the Great I and We and It feel each other, and in that unitary seamless sizzling Now, which is this very moment before you do anything at all, it is, quite simply, over.

Which means, it has, quite simply, begun.

Nothing but the best…

Olmate

9. Ramai

Ramai Member

Rise up your temple dear one, it never ended, just begun.

10. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi Olmate,

Thanks for that. I particularly like the last paragraph, pointing simply to the seamlessness of it all. We are lucky we can choose to witness or not, forms only manifest through our awareness.

The logical ego took me on a ride of doubt for a while

What’s wrong with right now—unless you think about it?
    – ‘Sailor’ Bob Adamson

Hi Ramai,
    It’s beautiful how you integrate words of wisdom in these posts

Truth is a pathless land . . . it is timeless.
    – J. Krishnamurti

Come out of the circle of time and into the circle of love.
    – Rumi

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  11. Michael David

Michael David Member

My thoughts are offered as just another view of the proverbial elephant.

Non-dual would seem to me that everything is equal. All existance thoughts, actions, happenings, experience are all therefore just other faces of God. There would be no one to say that one face of God is better or worst than another. Not even different but just a view from a different vantage point.

Why then incarnate? Maybe it is not a why but an evolving. If consciousnes stretched out in one place and contracted in another the contracted place could have become physical reality. Still non-dual but another face fully connected like two sides of a coin. The evolving contracted non-dual continues to evolve through matter as earth (with its very limited level of consciousness) through plants and up the food chain. Each level still fully connected to non-dual but with a greater degree of ability to be in consciousness and with greater awareness of consciousness at that more evolved level.

At the level of man the subject now has an object. Like parents who are the subject having children who are apart from them ( but a part of them) which is now physically separate. The children have become the object. We can see ourselves growing and evolving in our children.

Like a tree or vine that continues to grow and have new buds that come out each year. The tree or vine is the subject and the buds are its objects. Each generation of man are the buds along the evolving tree of life.

Non-dual remains as the center, and expands outward with its outermost edge as the evolving edge, as the now of physical reality. If you like, this can be willfully directed by God or could be an integral instinct of non-dual to continually become whatever it can become.

As previously described in the tale from Flatland our ability (consciousness), at the dimension we perceive reality and spirituality, may make higher dimensions incomprehensible. To us we perceive that God (non-dual, subject) has evolved through us to be able to look back and "see" God or non-dual as if we can see to the ultimate. Compared to the edge of future evolving forms to channel consciousness we may just be like rocks. Or are we it? The end of evolution? Are we the best that God can do? I think not.

Sorry I got a bit carried away. But I wrote it so I will post it as is.

Michael:)

12. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi Michael,

No, not carried away, there is something quite beautiful and intelligent in those short paragraphs. :)

So we believe our ever evolving consciousness is finally coming full circle and the enlightened beings of the last few thousand years have been pointing through the opening to the truth?

I could be way off...
    But as human evolve and finally realise that we do not appear or disappear in the now, we are the now. With that realisation the consciousness has expanded to what we believe is our true self, we will rest and believe we are home. But it will never end, as there is another dimension waiting behind another gateway.
    There is no circle...

13. Ramai

Ramai Member

O, but there is a circle now, the golden ring you have it now.

14. Michael David

Michael David Member

Hi Karmoh

I agree there is not a circle back to what was. The edge of now continues to evolve. It seems we are trying to catch up to the edge of now and become resonant with it. Like catching and riding a wave at the beach.

This thought/image came up in meditation this morning. I was looking out from the rim of the Grand Canyon and watching the moving shadows from the sunlight play across the canyon. As i was breathing I felt I was moving along with the evolving edge of now. As if i were watching a flower grow. The sensation stopped when I became aware of thinking about it.

Ramai
    I am intrigued by the ring and circle of gold. Can you write mire about that?

Michael:)