1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

How low does this carrier frequencies go

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by web2integral, Sep 2, 2008.

1. web2integral

web2integral New Member

Hi,

wow this is very interesting and congratulations on the initiative for creating something more affordable that can bring the benefits of brainwave entrainment,

I have a couple of questions I hope to sound positive and for the benefit of many who are interested in this technology,

First of all how low does this carrier frequency go?

I believe holosync reaches down to the 7hz barrier for sound reproduction since the sony MDR headphones only produce I guess 5hz, is this correct?, and is this the last level of your program?

I currently use flowering level 2 of holosync, I'm constantly approached by people I get to know in my work field and now that I'm slowly moving online I get tons of questions as how have I developed this awareness and views of the world, those effects are pretty common on someone who has used this kind of technology for years (I have almost 9) so there is nothing special about my case.

The case is that I purchased the inner circle membership years ago so I have no need to buy another program, my issue here is that the main limitation I find with holosync it's that it has a very high price and the fact that they have grown so big they no longer look forward to expand to new markets, that creates a nice niche for nice people like you to appear to other markets

So would you be interested in a spanish version of the materials?, since I find this at a reasonable price and are worth recommending to my clients and current people we are getting in contact with online.

I work in the clean energy business but we have a personal growth approach I wouldn't feel right no participate in an affiliate program but I will love to refer customers to this program,

I only need to know if the specifications are as good quality as holosync, virtual audio is a must to reduce ear stress and I'm sure you are aware of the cross training and interval induction that deeper frequencies can pretty much help speed up the process of brain de-lateralization

thank you very much for addressing this,

blessings and success

2. tranvic

tranvic Guest

Humans are able to hear sound frequencies approximately from 20Hz to 20000Hz. Carrier frequency of 7Hz would be audible to elephants, but not to humans.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Carrier vs. Entrainment Frequencies

You need to make a distinction between the "carrier frequency" and the "entrainment frequency".

The entrainment frequency is the Hz frequency you're trying to get your brainwaves to match. The LifeFlow tracks each have a number in the track's name, for example, LifeFlow 10. That number, in this case, 10, is the entrainment frequency.

On the other hand, the carrier frequency is the Hz frequency upon which you build your entrainment frequency. An easy way to think of this is by analogy with AM and FM radio.

AM radio frequencies fall between 535 and 1705kHz. You might say that your "carrier frequency" in this case is the AM band. When you tune to a specific radio station, let's say 1050AM, that particular station would be analagous to your entrainment frequency. It falls along the AM band or in other words, the AM band "carries" that particular frequency (along with all the others that lay between 535 abd 1705kHz.

FM radio frequencies fall between 88 to 108 MHz. The FM band is the "carrier" so to speak, and if you tuned to station 101.5 FM that would be the specific "entrainment" frequency by analogy.

So if we were listening to a radio and I wanted to know what "carrier frequency" we were listening to, you could tell me either AM or FM. I would then know the "carrier" involved but not the specific station or "entrainment" frequency. You would have to tell me exactly what the station number was in order for me to know.

Holosync uses a range of carrier frequencies all the way from 230Hz down to 82Hz. They make the claim that the lower the carrier frequency, the deeper the entrainment experience however, given the fact that 1) they are the only company making that claim and, 2) they never cite a single study or reference to support this claim and, 3) if it was a validated, scientifically supported claim other large entrainment companies would be competing with Centerpointe as to who had the lowest carrier frequencies in their tracks. That there is no such competition taking place at all suggests this claim is nothing more than a marketing gimmick put out by Holosync without basis in fact.

However, if there was any validity to their claim, LifeFlow has Holosync beat in that regard. I checked with Michael when I ran the LifeFlow tracks through audio spectrographic analysis and learned that all the LifeFlow tracks were designed with a carrier frequency of either 30Hz or 60Hz depending on which fit in best with the background soundscapes. So even the highest LifeFlow carrier frequency is lower than the lowest Holosync carrier frequency. And while there's no evidence that this makes any qualitative difference at all, if it turns out one day that the depth of carrier frequency is significant, LifeFlow already has Holosync beat at their own game.

But if your original question has to do with "entrainment frequencies", then LifeFlow goes all the way down to a very low 1Hz Delta entrainment. Hope this addresses your question.

~R~

4. shesgg

shesgg Member

I'm wondering about the entrainment frequency. I am on Level 1 right now. After this month, should I continue to use levels 1, 2, 3 because they are the lowest frequency?

Other people on this site have said it doesn't matter which level you do after level 1 but I have been getting a little anxious while I meditate lately after about 20 minutes around halfway through the month.

Does it matter which level you choose to meditate with after Level 1? I am doing fine with it, it seems to take me deeper into meditation actually. Maybe it's just me.. :)

5. Hermes

Hermes Member

CD to IPOD?

Hi,

In response to a few of the above threads, I had started the Holosync course but never progressed futher than the the first stage because i thought the price was ridiculous, having said that, the after effects which occured the first time i used it were pretty cool. I felt like my head was filled with cement. Another time, i used it before sleep and just before i dozed off something happened in my chest, it felt like my heart was being tickled, it was really cool. Having come across the lifeflow site i thought here is a more affodable altenative which actually seems to be a superior product. My question to those of you with technical knowledge like Raven are as follows;
    1; Holosync stated that to copy the course onto an IPOD you had to use .WAV format because the clipping of frequencies which occurs with MP3 desroys the effctiveness of the track. Is this true of Lifeflow?
    2: Holosyc also stated you needed headphones with a frequency responce down to 5hz for the latter Delta tracks. Having read Ravens comments it seems that frequency response has nothing to do with entrainment frequencies and all the Holosync advice is a load of Garbage. Can anyone help?

Cheers from Aus
    Hermes