1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

How it Feels to Have a Stroke

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by MEJC, Apr 12, 2008.

1. MEJC

MEJC Member

YouTube - How it feels to have a stroke

An amazing video clip in which a brain scientist was able to study her own brain from the inside during a stroke, and the joy she experienced as her left brain temporarily shut down.

Very inspiring.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi MEJC,
    yes it was extremely interesting. What amazed me was the fact that a brain scientist had never experienced a quiet mind before. Or did I misunderstand? Happiness and joy :) :) :)

3. Asha

Asha Member

I saw this video last week myself and thought it was such a gift that someone who could articulate it was experiencing it. And that she shared it with us. I found the depth of her emotion to be astounding. I grew up in a system that believed the brain was nothing more than a shock absorber. Since extricating myself from that particular culture, I have done alot of reading about neurology and especially the neurological-emotional connection.

This scientist's experience seemed to grant a great deal of credence to the thought system that suggests we have two very different views in the world, depending on which side of the brain we are more active in. It isprobably the most compelling evidence I have found for that argument.

I would love to hear what others thought.

Asha