1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

How can this be?

Discussion in 'The Law Of Attraction' started by pollyanna, Oct 27, 2008.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

My little girl is placing me in the shadows and I'm loving it!

I've copied and pasted my dream life to inspire others below. This took me just over 8 years to create and I would do it all over again at the drop of a hat, although if I did it again I would definately do it her way. WHY??

Because she's created her dream life in 8 weeks and one day and she's had so much fun doing it. You should see her next goals and dreams - and more importantly the buzz she is creating.

Although she's only 20 with average confidence, she's certainly teaching this old dog some new tricks with exciting and new technology for creative visualization and affirmations. Life really can be tremendous if you choose it to be. I wish you an abundance of happiness and joy on your amazing journey of self discovery :) :) :)

2. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Postcard from the edge

Hi Pollyanna,

I trust that this finds you well and content.

I find myself at wits end today, for 9 years the demon of financial collapse has been on my heals and I'm SO TIRED of running, I wrote to Michael, asking him how one can use the gratitude aspect of the course ( which he speaks of but doesnt elaborate on) and to thank him, then thought I'd poke around in the forum....found this post.

Thank you, Im still nausious and having trouble with eratic heartbeat...probably hypertension but I appreciate what you have posted here, its nothing new and something I have failed at so many times (because I gave up) that I started being jaded about it....you know, post "the secret" everyone knows about it but I dont know anyone who can manifest intentionaly.....it helps reading something like this. I take responsibility for my circumstances, I was there, I did or didnt do something to have ended up like this.....I must really hate myself to have created this but I suspect most of us are unaware that the one who does us the most harm is in the mirror.

I look forward to providing a success story, for now, please accept my gratitude for the "pick-up".

Most sincerely
    Coenrad Morgan

3. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Thank you

Ah Pollyanna (or is it Mel), thank you for sharing your beautiful story. I'm so happy for you. Abundance is REALLY meant for ALL of us, isn't it! It reminds me of how so many people over the ages have tried to put Jesus of Nazareth on a pedestal and make him into something more, or less, than he ever confessed to be.

I am reminded of the following scriptures:

"And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." (Mark 10:17-18)

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." (John 14:12)

You are truly a gentle and kind inspiration to me. Thank you so much for your presence. --Keith :)

4. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Pollyanna,
    Thank you for the inspiring story. I am happy for you.

gus

5. filly33

filly33 Member

Excellent!! A great example of the Law of Attraction. Thank you.

Mitch

6. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Pollyanna,
    I have sat here for 20 minutes looking at this post and trying to sort out the feelings this post has brought up from the depth of my being.
    First of all I'd like to thank you again for sharing this. Had you not done so I may have not made the startling discovery I am about to reveal.
    I have some misgivings about sharing this for any number of reasons. I do, however, think I should from the standpoint that I think it may help others. It also sheds some light on progress, I believe, that LifeFlow is no doubt responsible for. For that I give my thanks to Michael.
    Initially this post made me angry. Why? Because all I can ask for in my life right now is peace. I have no business asking for anything more.
    Why? One might ask! Well because my mind has been in knots much of the time and until right now I couldn't or wouldn't acknowledge it.
    Now this is where LF enters the picture. This is the first time in a very long time I've been able to be completely honest about this fact and I believe it is LF that has allowed me to look at this with pure honesty. Without brutal honesty there is nothing. Again, I thank you, Pollyanna, for triggering it.
    I'm going to share a little about myself here as an explanation as to why one might feel the way I do. I DO NOT do this for the sake of sympathy. Only to shed some light on why one would end up seeking something as simple as peace. I thought I had worked through all of the feelings surrounding this incident but obviously I have not.
    In 1993 I was in a squabble with my oldest son and the night of the squabble he died inadvertantly. I guess I've never completely reconciled myself to this episode in my life. Up until today, about 30 minutes ago, I thought I had.
    During meditation I have been having thoughts rise from back during this time and I've been able to look at them for what they are and release them. As I type this I guess I believe that things are actually going good (this IS progress isn't it). I mean there is progress in realizing that I've suppressed this up to this point even though the thoughts have been released (or at least I thought I released them). Jeez the mind is a tricky place to hang out.
    It has become obvious to me that through a combination of LF and meditation; there is any number of things one can reconcile.
    So Pollyanna and Michael thanks again. Someday, because of you two, maybe I can allow myself to seek something other than peace.
    Until then, I can begin to look honestly at the thoughts that arise before me at anytime in meditation or not.

gus

7. filly33

filly33 Member

Peace be with you, Gus. Thanks for sharing.

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

Wow gus...

I had no idea...

Thank you for sharing this.
    There is nothing I can say, except that my next meditation will be dedicated to you. I will try to do this around 20.00 CET ( thats 8 PM CET ) tonight, I don't know what time that will be for you... just know that you are in my heart.

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

Same goes for Coenrad, thanks for writing !

I am just about in the same position you are, my battle is just a few years shorter. I have been in trouble with my business since 2003. The first years you are just in survival mode, but later on it starts to get really tiresome to have to keep doing that. Business is picking up, but there are so much problems to be solved...
    The LOA does work for me short-term, but long-term is hard to see for me. Whenever a problem occurs, I usually am able to fix it, short term... but in the long run, that means more problems.
    I think you know what I mean....

10. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Coenrad Morgan and welcome to this wonderful community. I'm so pleased if the post picked you up. I do understand how you feel - I remember really struggling for years. About 15 years ago we decided not to go bankrupt as advised but to pay all our debts when our business folded. When we forgot a payment the bailif arrived and called the police out because I was with my little girl and too afraid to answer the door. I had to let the policeman in or they would have knocked the door down and all for a forgotten payment of £28 something. A neighbour rang up to see if I was alright and as I put the phone down I remember briefly breaking down for a minute and crying to the policeman saying "I'm sick of walking on a tightrope"

That was literally a brief moment though. I knew I couldn't get stuck under the circumstances, I had to think good thoughts, feel good and count my blessings.

If people could have seen us in our home they would probably have thought we were crazy. I had affirmations on posters stating things like:-

"No matter how bad it is, or how tough it gets, we're going to make it!"
    "Everyday and in every way life is getting better and better."
    "I feel terrific"
    "We have an abundance of health, happiness and wealth."
    and so many more. We kept our hope and it's a true saying that when there's hope in the future, there's power in the present. The love of our family and creating a better life for them was our driving force to keep the good thoughts and feelings alive and strong. I hope I read your success story here one day. Believe me, if I can do something, anyone can. Do the fast-track to meditation and see what happens :) I wish you an abundance of joy and happiness on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)

11. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Keith and Mitch,
    thankyou for your lovely replies. Yes you are right Keith, Abundance is REALLY meant for us ALL and I wish you both an abundance of all good things :) :) :)

12. chris063

chris063 Member

Thank you pollyanna, that is a wonderful story and full of inspiration.

Gus, I have not experienced what you have, but have struggled with the LOA for my own reasons, totally unable to ask for what has always seemed to be very superficial and materialistic things. I have finally realised that what I have always wanted more than anything is peace of mind, and that there was a reason why that had to come first for me. I'm finding that peace now, for many reasons, and today for the first time ever, in a quiet moment at work, I felt curious enough to write down what it was I might like in my life if I could choose anything at all. What I wrote surprised me, and it felt good to see it written down.

I hope that you will also soon find the peace you are looking for.

Take care,

Chris :)

13. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Now you've got me curious Chris. Whatever you have written down I sincerely hope you get it. Surveys say something like only 3% of people write down what they want so well done. Happiness, peace and joy to you :) :) :)

14. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Chris,
    I feel as you do. What is any of it for wihtout peace. I sincerely hope what you wrote on paper transpires in your life in the way you expected.

Blessings,
    gus

15. zelicious

zelicious Member

you share a great article

Hi, firstly I would like to say sorry for my weak English as I don’t speak English as a native language. I think the facts that in the article seem right, at least to me.. There were things that I have wanted since a couple of years ago but never happened to buy as I never had enough money .For example, a computer ,I had wanted it since long time ago .There was an IT sale promotion and the stuff there was pretty cheap, so, I happened to have been there for a couple of times during the sale, Although I didn’t buy anything, I still checked the laptops. Since then I wanted a new one on my own so bad but did not have money. After a few days had gone, my friend offered to start a business with him if I am interested. He got me a loan and that was when I could buy a new computer. I think I would probably get it earlier if I had strong wish for it.

The deal is set. He wouldn’t get involved anything in this business. I can manage everything on my own. I couldn’t believe how this opportunity has come to me. So, I am the boss but I am the employee as I don’t want to hire anyone to waste our money. I have always had the strong desire, which I was inherited from my aunt, to work on my own one day . I am tired of working for somebody. This is pain in the ass to me. I personally believe that I will always be the same and never escape from being employee. Life will never be different. I am a person who is really afraid of the poverty. I think everyone is afraid of it but they are more afraid to take a risk and make a change. I was raised hardly by my single mother . I never wanted to go back to that life and that is what made me decide to take make a change. So I grew up sticking together with the desire that is being a wealthy person one day.

I did not know how to make it .I didn’t see anything that will turn out to be a special chance . What can I say ? This is the law of attraction ?So I am guessing what you mentioned in the article is correct – you do NOT need to know HOW . I have always felt that I will be someone one day, yet I do not know how to become. I now have a target of my net worth . I will keep practicing what you taught in the article. Honestly, I have lots of doubts how can I go further since I had no experience . I am too stressed these days ,sometimes I could barely sleep the whole night , getting lost in random thoughts  . Thinking how to make this? I am also having breathing problems because of great stress and big tension. So, I started searching about stress management and the top recommended is “meditation” That is what brought me to this forum. I will try to clear my cloudy mind with regular meditation. I feel uncomfortable or not feeling alright a while after I started. I wonder if this happens to any beginner? They say it needs to be practiced and take some time to get used to it.

All I do now is think positive and focus visualizing on my net worth. Last but not last thanks million for sharing this great article.. I will keep working no matter what . I believe the wishes will come sooner or later, if I am hard working person and have strong focus. I’ll come thank you again here if things are getting better with me.

Love.

16. chris063

chris063 Member

Hi pollyanna and Gus,

Thank you!

Pollyanna, there was nothing particularly special about what I wrote. What surprised me was that I'd often wondered in my mind what I would like to bring in to my life, but anything I came up with always felt unreal and superficial. When I started writing, it was as if something else came up from deeper inside me, and the things I wrote were not only different from the things I had previously thought about, they were things which I felt good about wanting because I knew they would benefit other people too.

I think the act of writing made me think from a little further below the surface as to what I could use from the perspective of improving my life and my family's life, rather than just simply wanting more because I believe that it is possible to have more. Or maybe my own sense of self-worth has improved recently and is now allowing me to feel that I deserve to ask for improvements!! :)

Love and peace to you both.

Chris x

17. beth

beth Member

Please can I copy this

Polyana my mam and me love your poem and I want to know if we can keep a copy of it to make something special for my children. My hubby said it will have a copyright on it and to check with you first love and best wishes from beth x x

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2008
  18. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Chris, I'm so happy for you. Reading your posts is like watching you bloom and that is the greatest gift I receive from being a part of this community.

Hi there Beth, yes my book is copywritten but of course you are welcome to make use of the poem for your children. I'm so happy for the outstanding improvements in your life also. I wish you both an abundance of happiness and joy :) :) :)

19. chris063

chris063 Member

Pollyanna, I always have the feeling that you are holding this community carefully encircled in a great golden sphere of love and light, watching over us all, always ready with the right words of support and encouragement just when they are needed.

If I ever reach a point in my life that is anywhere close to where I feel you are in your life right now, I will feel incredibly honoured and privileged.

You are amazing!

I wish you and your family much love, peace and joy.

Chris x :)

20. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Aaahhh dear Chris, you touch my heart deeply :) What a beautiful way to describe how I feel about this communal place of peace where special dear spirits come to share, encourage, grow and touch other lives. We are all unfolding just as we are meant to and it's a joy to witness isn't it? You are amazing and life is truly tremendous :) :) :)