1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

How about a place for guided meditations?

Discussion in 'Your Suggestions' started by Peaceful Warrior, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

Howdee mike

How about about inserting an area where everyone can get the guided meditations that you used to supply via email?

And it would be good if they could be available via download instead of website player.

Would anyone else be interested in getting a guided meditations area?

PW

2. taylordayton

taylordayton Member

I'm still having trouble finding the unlock products area.

I would also be interested in getting them for download, so I could take my mp3 player to the comfy chair across the room and not be stuck in front of my computer for a meditation, but I can figure something out if that's not an option.

3. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

taylordayton - Unlocks now work

We had a couple of issues with this area:

You can now unlock items by clicking here. :)

4. Erika

Erika Member

I would be interested in guided meditation, as I said im new to it all. Want to use it to help me get over my past. But I really don't know where to start. I need all the help I can get. I have downloaded the CD's and have listened to them, but im not really sure what I need to do next.

5. gbriggenshaw

gbriggenshaw Member

Im no expert myslef but have been meditating for a short time now and i would suggest doing everthing micheal says and listen to the cds and the rest will present its self to you because this is what im finding and the more i try the less anything happens but when i dont try or expect i get results. Just keep motivated and consistent with it that is the biggest obstacle to overcome and remember if you dont meditate you will not get results.

6. wendy

wendy Member

Yes, absolutely! I never used those meditations because I couldn't download them. I don't know about you, but sitting in front of the computer is not conducive to relaxation. If I could download those guided meditations, I could put them on a CD or on my MP3 player and retire to the yoga room, my living room floor or bed. Wendy

7. Erika

Erika Member

I think getting over Christmas has put me back. I cooked for 13 this year, so its not given me much time for myself. Also the children are still off school. They go back Monday, so Monday I will have to get the house cleaned up so again no time. I am aiming for Tuesday to make a new start again. I still have to get into this, but im not giving up.:)

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

Dear Erika,

Please don't think of this as critisism, it's certainly not meant this way ( ! ) but my personal experiance is that life will always keep interfering with your meditation, it always does with me too !
    If you allow life to keep you from meditating one day, it's quite easy to let it get in the way of more days.
    I also noticed with myself that it is also easyer to drop out of meditation when the going gets tough, and something bad happens, while in fact that would be the time you should continue !

You are a special person, and you should award yourself with 30 minutes a day completely to yourself: You deserve it !
    If you can't even make 30 minutes time for yourself, are you living your own life, or are you being lived through others ?

In the earlyer days, Michael Mackenzie once sent an email to me with a great story of a woodchuck:

Once there was a man who started a new job as woodchuck.
    He wanted to do his very best, and on his very first day he managed to chop down 6 trees !
    His boss was really happy with him, and this made him want to try even more.
    The next day, he put his back into it, but at the end of the day, even tho he tried even harder, he only managed to chop down 5 trees !
    The day after that, he tried even harder than the day before, but this time he only managed to chop down 3 trees.

His boss came over and asked him why his productivity was going down, as he looked very tired and worn down from trying so hard.
    The man explained that even tho he kept raising his efforts, it was continually getting harder to chop down the trees.
    The boss asked him if he had sharpened his axe every day.
    "No" the man answered " I didn't have time to do that, I wanted to spend all my time on chopping down trees so I could do more ! "

Give yourself time every day to "sharpen your axe" and you will see that the hectic life you think you lead will change gradually !

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Erika,
    sorry if I have overlooked your messages. Please tell me exactly which C.D.s you have listened to. Discover meditation or Lifeflow 10? If you let me know where you are up to or if you have started I will be able to explain what will be the next best step forward. I'll be looking for your reply and waiting to help. Happiness and joy to you :) :) :)

10. Victoria

Victoria Moderator

Life is so busy!!!

Hi Erika, after reading your post and reading Edwin's reply, i have to say i agree with him. This is something i am really going to practice myself. I have wonderful intentions every single day to have a blissful ( if only 30 minutes ) slot during the day for just ME! I don't deliberately put my meditation session off as i know how amazing i feel during and after. I too have two young children and have often let this get in the way, Big Mistake ! I've come to realise that they need me to meditate as much as i need it for myself! I am such a calmer and better mum to them when i take time out to sharpen the axe. I am also a cleanaholic and feel ashamed to admit that this has even come between me and my meditation. :eek: How sad is it that! Anyway, i'm rambling but also really relating to you. Edwin said it, you deserve it. Make a promise to yourself and don't let you down! Love and calmer days sent your way x :)