1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Holosync vs. Lifeflow in terms of time

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Panthau, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi there,

Sorry if this topic already has been discussed, i just didnt find anything
    through the search engine.

I just bought the first level of Lifeflow. Im using Awakening Prologue atm, and just wondered how this can be compared in terms of invested time.

Holosync needs 9 years to complete, Lifeflow only 1 year to get to the latest lvl.

Is there any comparison? For a dumb like me it sounds like Holosync is going "deeper"?

Greetings
    Pan from Austria

2. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

Hey Pan,

I was quite confused when i first began using this technology too.

From what I read on the web, the 2 programs are not very comparable.

People seem to be getting much faster results with this program over others they have tried, me included.

If you are un-decided on which program to use, why don't you try both for 10 days each and see which works best for you as in positive results?

Enjoy the ride. PW ;)

3. Grey

Grey Member

how are you defining "deeper"? do you mean the entrainment frequency? holosync does not specify the frequency of any of their tracks. life flow tells you in the track name exactly what frequency it entrains you to. life flow 1 is 1 hertz. that is a very low delta. with holosync they do not tell you the frequency so you do not know exactly what you are getting but it is not likely even their lowest track goes below 1 hertz.

someone asked questions similar to yours a few days ago and i responded with a couple of links by someone knowledgeable in this. here is a link to that post so you can follow those links. gruess

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...r-box/1345-holosync-vs-lifeflow.html#post6572

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi there and thx 4 your replies and the link,

I mean with "deeper" the spiritual growth...but maybe that one is for everyone different? I dont really care about frequencys or whatsoever, just for letting things go which disturb me in my life and as a next step, grow my spiritual understanding (maybe that comes together?).
    So after 1 year, someone can hear lvl1 a few years and benefit from it?

As i tried Lifeflow yesterday, i found it totaly flat compared to holosync. I know, i cant make a descission with only one use. Holosync just had that effect that something is going in my brain.
    It felt like giving up smoking...can someone be addicted to holosync?!. Maybe its because i was totaly stressed and could not let go, im gonna see it anyway the next days/weeks.

Thx & Greetings
    Pan

5. `Tired`

`Tired` Member

I have used both of the products Pan. I had good experience with Holsync but never really became peaceful with it like I have with Lifeflow. I don't know what you consider or want in spiritual growth but I do know what I want which is peace, removal of negative self talk and such. Lifeflow has helped me with peace and forgiveness right off the bat. I consider that significant spiritual progress. Holosync never touched those two areas of my spirit.

I will admit I was skeptical about this program and I also thought I was having a placebo effect when I started feeling the peace and forgiveness. I have waited until now to finally let myself say after a little over two months, "Lifeflow really has helped me and it is working."

I was skeptical basically because I have seen so many claims from programs and have never had any long lasting or really never even had any beneficial results from any of the ones I have tried other than using "mind machines" about a decade ago.

The Holosync was okay imo but I wish I had of tried Lifeflow first.

6. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I don't know any more than you about much of this but I think Holosync has a lot more hype surrounding their product than does LF. Michael, to a degree, just lets LF sell itself through the forum and placement in the search engines.Whereas Holosync advertising is everywhere.
    Personally I may have fallen for Holosync but the time frame turned me off. 9YEARS!!! Are you KIDDING. You've got to be totally dedicated and sold hook line and sinker to get on that tread mill. I couldn't see through it; or maybe I did. I'm here instead of there.

Thankfully,
    gus

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi there,

Thanx for your replies. Im glad its working for you, Tired - and so i hope it does for me. I do not know enough of these both binaural beats in the context you mentioned, but i see what you mean!

@bashmaki, just google "Holosync" and you see the first link is an ad from Lifeflow with the thrilling title "Holosync - Shocking Truth". So this kind of ads is not only related to h/s ;)

But i agree with you, that h/s is just too aggressiv in their marketing. So Lifeflow is a lot more congenial to me. But in the end of course, it doesnt matter for your personal growing, which one is more likeable to you...it seems like Lifeflow is the better choice anyway.

Atb,
    Pan

8. dan09

dan09 New Member

holosync goes deeper than lifeflow it goes to 0.3 the only thing u dont no is the carrier frequency , if theres no side effects to lifeflow like overwhelm etc do u actually thing its working it might just be the eudophines its like a drugs u get side effects , i think people perfer lifeflow cos u feel good in the moment an thats it u can only reprogram u mind in the lower frequencys delta holosync gets u there every listen life flow dont life flow might give u benfits not to the extent holsync can imo , using holosync tho is a pretty shit experience day in day out its rough as hell but im at the end of level 4 and it deffiently work , id never swap life flow for holosync

9. GilesC

GilesC Member

If I can just take your last bit first...
    This seems to contradict the rest of your post. Do you mean that you currently use holosync and you wouldn't swap it for lifeflow?

Lifeflow works, it's not just something that you get in the moment, but has noticable effects that last at times when it's not being listened to.
    Entraining the brain is not just a case of jumping into the delta frequencies (and lifeflow does include delta frequencies at the latter levels), as that would be like taking someone who doesn't have any knowledge of flying and putting them in the cockpit of a fighter jet; they just wouldn't know where to start to get it flying.
    Entrainment is best done by gradually training the brain to become "in tune" with ever lowering frequencies, and this is the purpose of the lifeflow levels; starting at the higher frequencies and gradually taking it down lower and lower to the point at which it can be of most benefit during meditation and during everyday tasks, such as learning/studying, focus on activities, etc.

People have found benefit from both Lifeflow and from Holosync, and there are a few members here who have either tried both or actually use both. I think most people here prefer Lifeflow because of the unobtrusive marketing, the up-front information and knowing the package as a whole (no new lifeflow levels get added at a later date) and the generosity of Michael in what he offers for free as well as, of course, the wonderful community of people. ;)

p.s. welcome to the forums. No offence intended, but could you avoid using SMS/txt spk on the forums as it makes posts very difficult to read and understand.

Hugs

Giles

10. Edwin

Edwin Member

Overwhelm isn't a side-effect to any product, it is a clear indication that you are over-meditating.
    When one meditates ( without any enhancement like LifeFlow or Holosync ) too long every day, the overwhelm of emotions that arises from those sessions are too much to handle.

If a product enhances the meditation session, that means that the meditation will become more effective from it, and thus the meditation time should be shortened in order to avoid overwhelm.
    Just like with medication always comes an advice on how much should be used every day ( 3 spoons 3 times a day ) an entrainment product should come with a safe-for-all user guide. To avoid too much people getting a rough ride, this guide should be on the safe side, and if one would follow this guide, overwhelm just shouldn't happen.

Now I have no experience with Holosync what so ever, but from your words I understand that you have experienced overwhelm more than once:
    That would either indicate that you are not following Holosync's user guide properly, or that the user guide of Holosync is not safe-for-all.

In the past ( and I have been a part of this forum since the start ) I have seen complaints of LifeFlow users that encountered overwhelm, but the majority of those people just didn't follow the user-guide properly.
    And those people who did and still suffered overwhelm, were told to bring back their meditation-time and felt better after that.

Maybe you could do the same with Holosync if it is as rough as you said Dan ?

11. ShivaKali

ShivaKali Member

Dan looks to be a holosync spammer. Joins the forum and immediately makes one post advocating Holosync and trash talking life flow and then leaves and never signs back on again. Hopefully the mods will delete troll posts like this.

12. GilesC

GilesC Member

Of course that crossed my mind, but making one post and running away does nothing to favour the cause of that poster, as they would not be willing to discuss further the responses that clarify their misunderstandings or ask further questions of them. To put it bluntly, such posts will usually be shot down in flames and shown for what they are, and the responses will merely act to strengthen the position of the very thing they were trying to discredit.

;)

13. Edwin

Edwin Member

Here here !!

14. Barbsh

Barbsh Member

Holosync

From my recent experiences with Holosync I would definitely advise caution. I only listened to the demo CD for a week, no more than 10 minutes at a time and felt extremely rattled afterwards. Never felt so scared, actually thought I would never escape what I can only describe as a big black cloud hanging over me. It was a really bad experience and I'm so glad i came across Lifeflow which has been a far greater positive experience all round. I've never felt so calm and focused. For anyone considering Holosync I would say don't! That's just my personal experience..

15. Alistair2000

Alistair2000 Member

Hi everyone :0)

I have just registered here and would like some advice please:)

I came across an ad for Holosync whilst being on Facebook so naturally I applied for there demo CD and found it OK but for the talking :mad:.

I have always had a problem with meditating as I find it easy to become distracted easily and unable to focus, whence the reason why I applied for the demo.

I did a Google search on Holosync and found one or two negative things said about it:confused:. As I did the search I also came across Lifeflow but now this is even more confusing as I do not know which one is going to be better for me. I have not done much in meditation over the years as I worry about distractions and then becoming despondent due to suffering from depression.

Can anyone advice me on one or the other please?

Thank you

Alistair

16. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Alistair and welcome to the community. Here's a link to some info which should be really helpful to you about both meditation and entrainment:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

One of the valued members (who's knowledge and exertise is greatly valued by many here) has taken the time to put this together and it's well worth reading over and over. When you have read it I'm sure you will be able to make your own decision :)

Let us know how you go on and I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

17. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

Hi Alastair

Warm welcome to the forum

I have experience of both Holosync and Lifeflow and while I have not had a bad experience with Holosync, Lifeflow suits me better.

I was really put off Holosync by all the hype and constant emails offering me this that and the other 'and now greatly reduced'!

Lifeflow does have the advantage that you can download the free meditation course, so you can try it without committing to an investment in it.

As you have not had positive experiences of meditation yet and say you have been depressed, I would urge caution when you begin.

Start with only a few minutes - say five and add a minute each session if things are OK and you are not suffering more depression. Go up to the length of the free Lifeflow (14 minutes) and continue for a while with that if everything is OK before increasing any more.

By 'OK' I mean that you are feeling more optimistic and a little happier in your everyday life. This is not dependent on what happens in a single session of meditation. Some sessions are full of distraction, some are quite concentrated, some are very calm - the trick is just to accept what happens and know they are all contributing to your wellbeing in their own way.

If you have a calm, concentrated session, the next may very well be full of agitation as you have allowed some of the repressed rubbish we all have to come to the surface. If you can just observe this as a neutral phenomenon, like a car exhaust coming out black, going greyer, whiter and then disappearing, that's one lot of toxic stuff gone forever.

This meditation lark is a great adventure, don't get too serious about it, judging the worth of each sit by what happens. Just the regular, fulfilled intention to spend the time is what counts.

Let us know how you are doing
    peace and joy

18. tender_breeze

tender_breeze Member

Using Holosync for 10 days?
    Are you kidding me ?

To get result from Holosync it gotta be used at least past the prologue levels.
    Holosyn requieres a good investing of time and money, trust me , I am on awakening 2 cd 2.
    I tried Lifeflow for month a noticed result within a week, I just stopped using Lifeflow becuase I decided to finish holosync no matter how long it take then use Lifeflow.
    Both product are good they just work diferent.
    One take aprox 10 years , who cares life goes on anyways.