1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Holosync strikes LifeFlow

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by jodie, May 19, 2009.

1. jodie

jodie Moderator

Some of you may have heard about or read an article recently published by marketers of the Holosync products. Although I have removed the article I have placed a link below should you wish to read it.

Since the article was specifically written in an attempt to discredit the LifeFlow system, a few of you have asked if Project Meditation will be issuing any response.

Yes we do have something to say to this marketer of the Holosync products:

"Thank you! Your article has helped and will continue to help bring LifeFlow to the attention of an ever wider audience so please, leave it as is on your website. Such assistance is always appreciated."

Joking apart and in all sincerity, we should say that it is understandable that someone associated with Holosync feels the need to publish an article such as this.

Many very satisfied LifeFlow users are former (less satisfied?) Holosync users. Browsing through our meditation forums demonstrates this point over and over.

It is unlikely a search of the Holosync forums would uncover any forum members there who discovered audio entrainment through LifeFlow, and who then switched over to Holosync because they found it to be more effective and a better value for them than LifeFlow.

The article contains little of substance about the LifeFlow product other than a few generic comments, mostly about the isochronic wave form. Lacking anything substantive to say about LifeFlow, the article's author sadly resorts to criticizing the organization of Project Meditation, perhaps hoping to leave a sufficiently "bad taste" in the mouths of uncautious readers so that they will simply pass over LifeFlow without even examining it. Such is the purpose of most ad hominem criticisms.

The article in question was written by an anonymous author on a website in Australia who markets Holosync products and, as far as there is any indication, it does not appear to be either the product of Mr. Bill Harris, founder of CenterPointe Research Institute (manufacturer of Holosync products,) nor to carry any explicit endorsement by him. Mr. Harris is well respected in personal development circles and it is hoped he would hold himself to a higher professional ethic than that which is displayed in this article.

Now, for the good news… the CenterPointe Research Institute is a huge marketer of audio brainwave entrainment products. As many of you have experienced first hand, CenterPointe employs an extremely aggressive, some might even say "overly aggressive" marketing style. Be that as it may, their aggressive style is largely responsible for some impressive sales statistics. They hold possibly the world's largest market share in the audio brainwave entrainment industry of any single company.

If you have ever Googled brainwave entrainment then you know there are literally thousands and thousands of companies out there competing for a market share in this industry. Many of these are great companies producing effective products, and some of them have been around a good while longer than CenterPointe.

Of all their competitors, LifeFlow was singled out as the target of this rather caustic article.

The good news is, if an industry giant like CenterPointe takes notice and feels the need to take down LifeFlow specifically, without so much as a mention about all their other competitors, then we must be doing something very, very right!

Project Meditation has apparently gotten someone's worried attention.

If you have not experienced LifeFlow yet, please take advantage of our free demo. We provide a complete audio course in meditation absolutely without cost; the same general technique that others charge thousands of dollars to teach you. And we have numerous guided meditations you may freely download and use, so take advantage of all Project Meditation has to offer.

The truth of it... When you consider what is available here without cost of any kind, it makes sense that some of our larger competitors are a little bit nervous about us!

And if you decide to read the article from the Holosync marketer, and find it to be abrasive and/or unfair, take a moment to send some thoughts of gratitude their way, smile and laugh the whole thing off. That's what we at Project Meditation are doing.

Kind regards,

Jodie & all the team at Project Meditation :)

Link to the Article off this website

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

As they say Jodie, the proof is in the pudding.

People use what they find best.

Had a quick scan of the article you link to but got bored of it as it's blatenly written in a biased sense and doesn't seem accurate from my limited knowledge of both.

Keep up the good work.

Hugs

Giles

3. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Contradiction in Earth Star argument as per Ramping requirement

Hi Folks,

First off, thank you Jodie for the response from the LifeFlow team on this web site content. The LifeFlow team must be doing a few things right if they must resort to "cut downs".:(

Rather a contradiction in comment on Earth Star site vs. Centerpointe.com site FAQ

Comment against Lifeflow on Earth Star....

******start of comment against Lifeflow on Earth Star******
    "Isochronic entrainment doesn't waste time using a 'wind up' or 'wind down' period like binaural beat entrainment does.”

In brief, there are four main brain wave patterns: beta, alpha, theta, and delta descending. If you're entraining the brain to an alpha level, then generally there's no need for what's called an "incremental drop sequence" or "down ramp" since the brain has a relatively easy time attaining shallow states of consciousness out of a beta state (normal wakeful consciousness) without the need for a drop sequence or ramp (this, incidentally, can usually be done without any kind of entrainment stimulus at all). Given a few minutes of exposure, the brain will generally fall into lockstep with something around 9 Hz or higher. There are other variables, of course, but this is a very general rule of thumb.

If you want to target theta or delta, however, the brain simply doesn't create lockstep at those levels without a means of getting there. So, a ramp or "drop sequence" is used. What if you want to go into a very deep state? Unless you have the singular ability to roll out of a deep sleep and turn on your CD player while not altering your current neuro-electrical fluctuations, you're going to begin your entrainment in a wakeful state of some kind; usually beta or high alpha. Simply sitting there listening to a theta or delta target while your brain is busy making beta waves is significantly more counter-productive than using a ramp to 1) establish lockstep, and then 2) draw the brain into a deeper state. You can sit there and hope and wait for the brain to match lockstep with a, say, 3 Hz delta out of a 12 Hz beta if you really want to. Or, you can do what the experts do and use a ramp to drop the brain into that state within about 15 minutes or so.
    ***end of comment against Lifeflow on Earth Star******

**************start of FAQ question/answer on Centerpointe.com**

I'm really pressed for time. Can I listen as I fall asleep at night?

Again, sitting up is best, but lying down, and/or listening as you fall asleep at night is better than not listening at all. A better solution for people who absolutely do not have time to do the regular hour a day session, is to wake up one hour early, put on the headphones while still lying in bed, listen to The Dive, change the CD to Immersion and listen for another half hour, then get up. You will feel better than if you had slept that last hour.

*************end of FAQ question/answer on Centerpointe.com***

These Centerpointe folks can not "have it both ways..."

If "ramping" is required for entrainment to deeper brain wave frequencies (Earth Star) then how can the "Immersion" CDs allow entrainment to occur? Even after the use of "The Dive" the user is pulled back to "awake state" brain wave frequencies when they "change the CD" as suggested.

Just an observation...

shine on

jim

4. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

Seatrend

I'd run across this article before Jodi made reference to it here, and noted the same sort of "double-speak" you did. No doubt some of the contradictions arise because the article was written by someone who markets Holosync products and is not an "official" Holosync statement, so to speak.

This points up the difficulties that arise when a company uses both "factual" statements and "marketing hype" statements, and the two meet up as they invariably will. As you say, you can't have it both ways, at least not have it both ways and appear to have integrity at the same time.

5. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Noted Post from the Past

Hi Ta-tsu-wa,
    Thanks for validating my "take" on a section of the web site link that Jodie provided today. I have taken the liberty of placing a topical slice of a previous post that you placed.

The "no effort" aspect rings a note for myself as well.

shine on

jim

6. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Interesting stuff.
    I wondered how long it would take for LF to take a bite out of the market that was noticed by the biggies.

gus

7. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

This whole dust-up is kind of hilarious. I live in Portland, Oregon (USA), not too far from Centerpointe's corporate offices, and every time I drive past there, I send up a quick thank you to Bill Harris, because his aggressive marketing got me started on Holosync...which led me to LF, which is (for me) a vastly superior product. I'm sorry that LF might lose some potential members because of this article, but my sense is that it might lead even more people to explore a little further. I'll bet we see them on this forum any day now!

8. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Jodie and support team
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm very interesting,
    Thanks for posting the link, just had a quick read.Their advert Just goes to
    show how threatened they are going to that extent.It might actually work in favour of life flow.Times have changed and people are more investigative ,they have their own hightened awareness and individual intellect to explore and make choices.I'll say no more.
    Love and peace

9. sliccy

sliccy Member

It's really disappointing that they'd do something like that especially in a "business" like this. Where the goal is to help people, not confusing them.

Just my 2 cents

Andy

10. Grey

Grey Member

an old saying: "there is no such thing as bad publicity." anyone who would dismiss life flow would probably do it regardless of whether or not they ever read this article. but many open minded people that never heard of life flow before will read the article and wonder to themselves what the bother is all about and come looking. i think you are right. more customers.

11. Wltmvrn

Wltmvrn New Member

Another point of view!

As someone who has purchased both Holosync and Lifeflow and uses both products, (and others) I am only concerned about becoming a better more loving person. I come from a traditional meditation background with focus on the breath and mantra. I bought HS in 2000, and am pleased with the results HS has enabled me to achieve, although I am far from instant canonisation. I bought LF out of curiosity about 12 months ago. As I use both products it is difficult for me to say which one is better. As I am a non technical person, I am unable to test the validity or otherwise of the claims of both HS and LF.

I am surprised however at the unawareness of both parties (and partisans) of the business cycle. If you can imagine an inverted capital U with two lines across the bottom of the U. The space below the bottom line (cost recovery) is the area when an entrepreneur makes the initial investment, the line above is the break even line. An original product creates the market and initially charges a high price for a low volume product. As the demand grows , the businessperson can offer "specials" lower prices for ongoing customers. At the same time new competitors enter the market with variations/improvements often at lower prices. When the market becomes saturated, lower price becomes the dominant factor.

At this stage I doubt whether the meditation market is saturated, so there is plenty of room for everyone to compete on quality and value rather than price. A word for all consumers! Perseverance is the key.

Peace and joy to all,
    Francis.

12. androcci

androcci Member

i bought holosync awakening prologue and the 4 awakening levels and is so god damn boring. every level i spent is rain and bells and nothing more. the only thing holosync has done for me is make me fall sleep which is good thing for me as i head beats like drums all night making this a hindrance for me to go to sleep.
    lifeflow demo and level 10 keeps me alert during the day and so far has had a better impact. i found lifeflow trhough holosync. :)

if i first chosed holosync over lifeflow was because i thought the more expensive product would be better but in this case was incorrect.