1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Holosync Experiences Please!

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by bedece, May 20, 2009.

1. bedece

bedece Member

Hi

I am considering whether to begin a LifeFlow programme or Holosync. There is an obvious cost difference. I have often found that you get what you pay for and quality is usually more expensive. So admit to being a sceptic about LifeFlow given it is less expensive.

Can anyone who has used Holosync and no longer does tell me why I should not go down that track?

Any help appreciated
    :)

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Bedece and welcome to the community. I have added elasticity to my belief system "You pay for what you get".

I found a bottle of wine last week-end which was 80% cheaper than than the bottle we had just bought a couple of days earlier.

I know LifeFlow offer a total refund for 365 days on the boxed set or you can cancel your subscription at any time on the downloads.

You'd have to check with Holosync - I think they give a refund on the first level only, but not sure of the conditions involved.

You could also try "Discover Meditation" for free - that will give you a good indication of the quality of Michael's products.

Good luck with your decision :) :) :)

3. arvindautar

arvindautar Member

can I use both ? Let's say I use holosync in the morning and do lifeflow in the evening? A friend of mine uses holosync, would that cause any mental/physical harm?

for us human's is usually when we perceive that something costs more we automatically associated it with being better, this is not always the case.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  4. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

The concept of we get what we pay for is often a marketing devise. Often it is to give the potential buyer an idea that if it is expensive it must be quality.
    Also if a company finds that people will buy at a particular price that is the price that people will sell at.

I am not suggesting that Holosync are employing any dubious marketing tactics but using as an illustration that there can be numerous reasons why a product is priced as it is.

As Pollyanna intimated, the concept that you get what you pay for is a construct of the mind and must be examined as it can often be a limiting belief.

May I add my welcome to you and wish you all the best with your journey

Chris

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

This is very true.

I know of a lady (hypnotherapist) who was setting up in business and advertised her services in the local newspaper. Her initial idea was to offer a discount on the first treatment and keep her cost low to attract people who believed that such treatments are expensive and to make it available to as many people as possible. The advert was put in the paper and she only got a couple of enquiries that didn't amount to much. Not giving up hope she decided to place the same advert again. However this time the newspaper made a mistake in the printing and instead of printing £30 per session they misprinted it as £300 per session. When she saw the advert herself she was horrified and thought that nobody would call but, to her suprise, she was inundated with people wanting to solve their issues.

So, the people's perception was that because it was expensive, she must be very good at what she did and they would easily have their issues solved. The truth is that she is as good as she is and the treatment is the same regardless of how much it costs. They could have had a good treatment for £30, but actually wanted to pay more because their own limiting beliefs told them that they would get a better treatment by paying more.

The good thing I found here with Lifeflow is that you can try before you buy and judge for yourself, as well as having the meditation and guided meditation given to us for free.

I guess the answer is that Bedece should also visit the Holosync community (if they have one) and ask if there is anyone there who has tried other methods (including lifeflow) and found that Holosync was better. Of course there will be some who will tell stories, who are probably the ones making money from it, but at the end of the day it comes down to the individual to make up their own mind.

Hugs

Giles

6. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

I have tried both. I can't say I have found any of them to have a strong psychoactive effect as implied by their respective hype pages, although combining them on the same day initially set off a couple of very interesting nightmares...

I still have the Holosync "Awakening Prologue", which I literally use to wake up in the morning. It is quite excellent for that, but I found it horrible for meditation. Then again the Insitutute sees meditation as optional, while Project Meditation took it for its name, so there is a deep divide in attitude there.

The difference in price does not so much reflect the actual soundtracks as the many extras you get with Holosync. If you buy there, prepare to get frequent letters and boxes by overnight priority mail, containing Bill Harris' books, CDs with him speaking, printouts from their website and in-depth information about their technology and philosophy. (Plus a lot of marketing of his own and his friends' other stuff. Bill has a lot of friends.) And the Holosync CDs from the second level onward are made individually for each customer using your own spoken affirmations (supposedly, as you cannot consciously hear them). And there is their telephone hotline, which they urge you to use at the slightest bump in the road.

Project Meditation comes across as very much "budget" when it comes to distribution and extras, but the actual soundtracks have more features and the community here is pretty hardcore. More Lao-Tzu than Bill Clinton, is how I would put it. That's why I think if you want to invest money, you may want to go to the Institute, but if you want to invest time, you may be better off with the Project.

And of course, both have free demos, although one of them consists mostly of advertising. You can probably guess by now which is which.

7. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

LF Definitely superior for me

I used Holosync for more than a year and also went to one of Bill Harris' seminars. Then I found LifeFlow (yay!). I've used LifeFlow for less than half the time I used HSync and am seeing much more change in myself, on a much deeper level. For me, there's no question about which is the superior program. Plus...this forum is incredibly supportive. HS has a user forum, in which I participated. I just prefer LF.

8. askmenow

askmenow Member

holosync or lifeflow

hi,on level 2 here over 9 months [3 hours per day -home and to work on the train and back] just to let you know that i have tried both systems and for me lifeflow works better and works out about 1 tenth the price!! .it has been the most rewarding and tranquil time for me.there have been times when i have come out of a session and found people staring at me in surprise .i think its the look of bliss on my face...lol.my only concern is that what happens after i reach no 1,it will a sad day that there will be no more tunes to follow............ with love and respect justin

9. Panthau

Panthau Member

I wouldnt consider this as a sad day, its more like one of your luckiest days in your life because you cleaned out yourself on a deep level and can now experience all the lifeflow levels to their deepest meaning :)

10. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Never ending journey

Hi there Justin, it's great to hear how much you are enjoying and beneffiting from LifeFlow. You've still got LF2, LF1 and both gamma tracks yet - Nirvana and Awaken, so you're in for a real treat ;)

What's more, you can go through all the levels again and again. I completed the whole series a long time ago, then used to meditate to my favourites and a few months ago I began once again from LF10 (I had forgotten how much I liked LF10)

I am still observing and releasing suppressed emotions and noticing even more wonderful changes that benefit my life. You never need to stop - just keep surprizing the people on the train ;) I wish you continued joy, peace and bliss :) :) :)

11. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi again Justin, just a thought - I wonder if you would like to put something in the success stories area - your story is really good and what a great way to utilize your travelling time each day :) :) :)

12. newyorker

newyorker Member

Totally agree Justin. Lifeflow is awesome. I am on my second time around and I have to say it is the best mind and body personal growth tool, period. NY

13. beth

beth Member

I ditto that :D

14. ellisd

ellisd Member

I started on holosync, used it for like 5 or 6 days, uses different technology and technique (binaural beats only + ramping up/down of beats)

anyways, using lifeflow cd 10, I got much deeper in a much shorter amount of time opposed to holosync which took nearly the 30 minutes to go deep.
    I go deep within 10 mins on lifeflow and it only goes deeper lol its insane.

just try the demo of lifeflow and honestly I dont see why anyone would wanna go deeper than this allows, you would like fall asleep or something.:)

15. jcsisle

jcsisle Member

I would agree with WeeHoo comments. I used Holosync for 18 months and then change to Lifeflow just to check it out and have been with it ever since.

16. askmenow

askmenow Member

hey guys,thanks for the replys and your thoughts ....pollyanna...a good idea to put my story in writing, i will reflect and give it a try. i have been listening to level 1....A LOT ... it is truly my favorite :the whale-song is just amazing , the resonance that i feel is at its strongest ever . the most amazing this is that i am now waking up finding my-self dreaming in whale-song , or, i am dreaming the whale-song[ level 1 meditation ] in my sleep.....as yet i havnt been able to decide which ....either way its just magic......was wondering if anyone else has had an simular experience.....love and trust always justin ps have just download both gamma levels so will keep you posted:)

17. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Justin, I also love LF1. Can't say I've ever dreamed about it, hehe - though I'm sure it would be magical. I'm sure you'll love the gamma tracks :)

Regarding dreams, I have had about 3 different dreams over an 18 month period which I awoke from and instinctively knew that there was an opportunity to observe the sensations in my body. As I quietly lay, observing the sensations, I allowed some very deeply supressed emotions to leave.

I often have dreams - these particular 3 were just great opportunities to release big things brought up through meditation.

Wishing you continued peace and joy :) :) :)

18. askmenow

askmenow Member

still going strong 3 years later

hey polly just to let you know that iam still going strong....no longer on the train each morning but have moved to the treadmill[brisk walk] .40 min -apprx 1 level per day= i fitness mind/body session [plus my usial meditation times .thats my latest project ,to try and merge the two distint states together.........was interested in your thoughts on how effective this would be or am i cancelling out each other ?...........and yes , new kids dont try this at home lol as always with light and love jussie

19. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Jussie,

great to hear from you and that you are still going strong :)

I think adding the treadmill for fitness is a great step. I used to repeat affirmations when I used the treadmill a few years ago.

Now I cycle and walk for an hour a day with my wonderful dog. This has become a really special part of my day. Regular meditation allows me to enjoy the present moment as I cycle through woods and leafy lanes. For the last few weeks I have been cycling through carpets of leaves crunching under my wheels and my dogs giant paws. There is so much to notice and be aware of. When we get back home, Sam (my dog) rests his head next to me while I meditate. I truly believe that being present has nurtured the amazing bond we share. I think exercise and meditation are both wonderful, however, I would personally keep them separate. I hope that helps and wish you an abundance of peace and joy on your continuing, amazing journey :) :) :)