1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

1. AlfieAA

AlfieAA Member

hi, im a noob but have liked what ive done so far.....started about 2 days ago after getting fed up with having such a busy mind....and in this day and age with so much choice, doing everything at once instead of just doing one thing at a time and appreciating it...so i had a look at some youtube videos and started with just observing the breath...done that for awhile and it was great, my mind quietened and nothing seemed to matter anymore (in a good way)....so i looked at some more videos from a guy called 'burt harding', i dont know if you guys have heard of him, but i think the guy is good....he teached me to lose the ego etc....and i do from my limited experience feel liberated in some sort of way if that makes sense...

so much so that i want to take it further and learn about it as i would like to do this for aslong as i can.....i am not a religious person and i dont believe in god but i do believe in nature....as of today i have become a vegetarian, all because i seen a spider on my wall and i just watched it, later putting it out the door safely using a glass.....usually my ego would have been scared and i would have killed it....but with me just sitting there and observing the breath i realised that i am not important and everything deserves their life.....i do love animals so it wasnt just the spider that made me decide on becoming vegetarian lol, my girlfriend is a veggy so her past discussions with me about it finally sunk in and it made sense, and i was ready.....

anyway sorry for blabbering on, but i really want to understand what im doing...i dont know if there is more or less to just sitting there and observing the breath or if i need to learn more, but im here to find out....cheers :)

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

3. AlfieAA

AlfieAA Member