1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

hi yo "share ur exp"

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by srikanthkris, Dec 21, 2007.

1. srikanthkris

srikanthkris Member

hi folks
    how long hav u ppl been meditating................share ur experience

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2007
  2. Larry Gessner

Larry Gessner Member

Meditation

I have been meditating for about two weeks.

I have had two experiences that I can say have gotten my attention.

The other night I was watching a tv show of an old twilight zone episode. I came in about 1/4 of the way into it. I was taken with a beautiful actress that was in the show. I did not recognize her and was trying to figure out if I knew who she was. I sensed that her name was Natalie. The next day I looked up the episode on the internet and found out that her name was Natalie Trudy. I had no idea who she was. But knew her name.

The night before last I meditated to go to sleep and as I relaxed and went deeper I saw lighted figures on what I call the inside center of my forhead. The first thing that I saw was the view of a large bird flying. The view was from behind as if I was riding or following. Then the next image was that of a tall man in a head dress. I am positive he was Mayan. The head dress was a tall piece made from vertical placed reeds. He also had thick bracelets on each wrist and some form of dress that was metal in nature. He looked at me and then turned around and left. I then had the sensation that a female was yelling at me trying to tell me something. It startled me and I came to a semi-awake state then went back. There were other voices but I could not make out what they were saying.

This would be the only place that I would post this or share because to anyone else they would think that I was nuts.

3. manx

manx Member

A few of my early experiances

Hi srikanthkris :)
    I started meditation 10 years ago but I wish I had discovered meditation and the endless benefits sooner,

I found meditation 1997 after having a suspected heart attack which turned out to have been brought on by stress.

when I first started to meditate I had experiences which to this day still amaze me when I think about them, leaving my body on a few occasions, seeing symbols signs colors sounds words ect ect the list is endless.

Probably the most amazing early experience I had in the early days was during a particular meditation I was seeing with my eyes closed gold chain links coming down from above me and out of the darkness, they headed towards my chest only to veer away from my chest right at the very last moment, eventually a very very large gold coloured chain link appeared and again headed towards my chest only this time it did not veer away in another direction at the last moment but proceeded to hit me full in the chest and at this very precise moment it was like a massive explosion happened starting from the spot in my chest where the gold chain link had it and at a massive speed and force this explosion shot out of my body from every direction.
    The feeling was virtually impossible to describe the joy the warmth and the bliss of that moment is still firmly embedded in my mind to this day.

I also frequently saw and still do to this day see relatives and friends, who have passed over mormally there was some relevant message being conveyed from them to me,

It did take me a long time to realize what the symbols signs feelings I was getting during meditation were saying to me but I finally realized to get the message I had to trust my first instincts on what the symbol means to me.

I have noticed over the years that my meditation experiences have changed ie: now I tend to go very deep and very quickly I find it really easy nowadays to allow my body and my mind to relax into a deep me dative state.

I often wonder how long I could stay in a me dative state the longest I did lasted about 3 hours and I found after this time my body aching everywhere when I finally came out of the meditation.

When I look back I also realize that I have never stuck to one particular type of meditation I tend to change my teqniques constantly over time. I would like to stick with one particular way of meditating but never seem to do that.

Finally as I have rattled on a bit I would like to end by sharing a bit of advice I was given a long time ago.

When I first started meditating and began to see all these bizarre things images signs ect and usually they are very bizarre I was convinced that what I was seeing I was making up in my own mind,

I mentioned this to a friend who was a very experience meditator who replied with this answer:

If you think about the image then it appears: you have made it yourself

If you see the image and then think about it: it as been sent to you

I hope you enjoyed hearing some of my early experiances .
    Best wishes

4. manx

manx Member

hi Larry

Larry
    at the beggining i kept everything to myself as i thought everyone would think i was going nuts, in fact in the early days i actually thought i was going nuts .

these days i dont mind what other people think, you will probably find that you will keep things to yourself untill the time is right and you will then naturally find your letting more and more out untill you dont mind at all who you tell.

in my experiance though i definatley think it is nice to have someone to share these amazing stories with in the early days.

you may even find yourself being drawn to people with the same intrests as you who you can openly share your experiances with.

best regards and continue to meditate and enjoy endless numbers of these amazing and sometimes mind blowing experiances.:)