1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hi, newbie

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by enlighteneduk, Mar 29, 2009.

1. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

Hi,

I'm Heather, and stumbled across Lifeflow, when looking up the Silva method on google. I have been listening to Burt Goldman's Quantum Jumping CD's, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldnt reach the alpha state of mind, required. I am a typicaly butterfly minded Gemini, with the concentration span of a gnat! I have tried unsuccessfully over the years, to meditate in an attempt to quiet my always busy mind, and Lifeflow struck an immediate chord.

I have been an insomniac since childhood, my mind keeping me awake at night so often, leading then to me being tired during the day.

I have had a long history of trauma in my life, and had reached a really low ebb three years ago when my partner left me. I realised I had to do something to change my life, and through yet another seeming coincidence, someone on my own forum ( an equestrian one!) wrote about a DVD called 'The Secret'. I bought it, and have been on a journey ever since.

One thing led to another DVD, another book, another website, and finally, to Lifeflow. The biggest problem I have found with LOA was my lack of belief, lack of trust in the Universe. I was brought up in a very religious family, but lost my faith due to the many crises and traumas that I have experienced, many of which I now realise were brought upon myself through choices I made- and felt abandoned by God, the Universe, whatever you wish to call the Higher Power. I just couldnt get my head round the fact that I could, by manifesting, or visualising, bring about the changes I have long wanted, and also the things that I felt I lacked.

I am to all intents and purposes, someone considered to be successful. I am internationally known in the equestrian sphere, a trainer, author, designer of a range of products,but have been ripped off due to being too trusting and probably, naive, therefore leading to the lack of financial success ( read that as security rather than great wealth) that I should have had by now.

I had arrived at a very definite 'victim' state of mind. The light seemed to have gone out in my life. I adore my horses, my work, my wonderful friends, but I couldnt find the joy anymore. Even the euphoria I have always felt in Nature, at the beauty of my home, the view which is ever changing. I could still appreciate, but not feel my soul soar at the sight of the first snowdrops that line our banks and hedges here in Devon, or the glorious sunsets over our valley, or thrill to the sound of the music that once stirred me.

The Secret did help, and has taught me to think a lot more positively and to try to find the silver linings that can sometimes come out of the negatives. But still, the lack of belief that things could really change, held me back.

I havent started on the programme yet, but am about to sign up. The whole concept of Lifeflow makes total sense- thanks Raven, for your brilliant explanatory post- it appeals to the scientist lurking within me.

But what prompted me to write this post more than anything, was listening to the free 8 minute sample download this afternoon. For the first time ever, I found myself in what could only be a state of higher consciousness. It didnt last long, maybe a minute, but it felt like a semi waking state, as if I was somehow, not quite 'here', a white light came across my closed eyes, and I felt a sense of calm and peace that I havent experienced before. All I know is that I wanted more of it!

Thanks Michael, loving the free CD downloads too. I feel that the last, missing piece of the jigsaw is about to be put into place, when I start on the Lifeflow programme.

Heather

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. emandriy88

emandriy88 Member

Thank you!

I read the post and seen that you watched "The Secret." You seemed very inspired, so i decided to check it out. I swear while watching the movie i got enlightened in some way. How the movie says that you must be on that positive track of thought, imagining that you already have what you want and you will get it. I have been getting everything i wanted such as more knowledge, money, and happiness in life. But i never connected them together until this movie. But not that i just connected them i also see a better way for getting even more now. Thank you so much for posting because your like that positive event that propelled me one step closer to my goals.

Thank you,

Andriy

3. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Welcome Heather

Hi Heather,
    There are parallels we share on our approach to LifeFlow. The content by Raven was crucial to solidifying my decision to give LifeFlow a try. And the first time that I tried the 14 minute demo had a defined effect at around the 8 minute point when the alpha entrainment is locked onto.

I have just started LF9 after just over 60 days on the 40 minute download of LF10 and there is a noticed deeper "feel" than LF10.
    I really believe that neither of us will regret giving LifeFlow guided meditation a run. But, we must remember that this is a journey that takes time and patience. The journey's path will have bumps and dead-ends that require u-turns but it will be worth it.

And remember there are many kind souls on this global forum that really care. And they will be there for us when we hit some tough stuff.

again welcome from Canada

jim

4. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

I can really relate to what you are saying. I have Quantum Jumping and have been influenced by The Secret. I practiced "The Work" and Sedona etc

I went through a long time of being confused, wondering which was right and going from one thing to another. Then it dawned on me. They are all only techniques! But beyond that they are all pointers to the same thing!

I then realised that it all has to be grounded in a daily practice. This is where LifeFlow came in for me. That regular forty minutes a day in quiet meditation usually at the beginning of the day seems to have brought everything together. Practices such as visualisation, affirmation and release are very important, but having a time for meditation is the bread and butter.

I am now on Level 8 of LifeFlow and it is certainly one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Good luck and welcome!

5. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

Thanks for the welcome folks! Andriy, glad to have helped! The Secret also changed the lives of many of my own forum members, so much so that we had to put up a sub forum entitled 'The Secret'!

The person who posted about the DVD, was someone against whom I had a slight grudge. I run residential workshops, and have never had a single complaint about them, far from it, usually, I have many emails and cards thanking me for the learning experience. But I was shocked on opening a private message on my forum, from this person, expecting the usual thanks, as she had been on a workshop, to be told that she learned nothing, and wanted her money back. In over 30 years of teaching, I had never, ever been asked for money back! I was bewildered, the other students on the workshop had all written thanking me, and to suddenly be asked for money back, was as though someone had thrown a bucket of ice cold water over me.

I wrote back and asked her why she felt she had learned nothing- my teaching is unique in the equestrian world, and is also very simple to absorb. She couldnt give me a decent explanation, was actually quite rude, and I assumed we wouldnt see her on the forum again, as she clearly thought my teaching crap!!

My moderators said I should ban her, but I am no prima donna, and she is entitled to her opinions, although seeing her posting as prolifically as ever, did irritate me somewhat, I have to admit! But then, she posted, out of the blue, about the Secret. Having watched it, I wrote and thanked her. It was as though a weight had lifted off my shoulders. She wrote back and told me that she had been going through a personal crisis at the time of my workshop, that it hadnt been me, or my teaching, it had been her ( although she didnt offer to repay me the money I had to give back!!!)

Had I thrown her off the forum, I wouldnt have been led to the Secret, and the journey I have been on ever since. I began to realise that this was no coincidence, and the many 'coincidences' that have been extraodinary in my life, I also realised were not coincidences either. This led me to read Chopra's 'Synchrodestiny' which clarified a great deal for me. Greg Braden's books too, have been a big help in unifying the ideas of quantum physics, with that of spirituality. I found those, through picking up a copy of James Redfield's book 'The Celestine Vision' in a charity shop when looking for something to read on holiday! That led me to Jame's forum, and to a long phone conversation with his wife Salle, who put me onto Greg's books!

Then, up popped Burt Goldman and Quantum Jumping. I was intrigued, having read the rest of James Redfields Celestine Prophecy books since, but was still somewhat sceptical. I so nearly binned the email from Burt's organisation, and was about to press the delete button, when I was just also looking at my yahoo page and read my horoscope. Now, I dont normally take a lot of notice of generic horoscopes, but my jaw nearly hit the keyboard:

Your key planet Mercury is part of a mystical pattern today that puts you in contact with parallel universes. Don't let talk of aliens or spirit guides freak you out; instead just know that invisible helpers are ready to come to your aid now. Keep in mind that if you try to get overly scientific, your logical analysis can be enough to close the inter-dimensional portal. You don't need to do anything special except acknowledge the possibility of things you don't understand.

I signed up for the Quantum Jumping CD's there and then. And which is of course, what finally led me here to Lifeflow.

Heather

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Heather and welcome to the community. Having meditated to the complete LifeFlow series and the gamma tracks, I am enjoying tremendous benefits in my everyday life and it has become a lifelong daily habit which continues to develop a wonderful sense of deep peace, joy and knowing.

Like most of us, I have endured pain, heartache and trauma in the past and it feels so good to allow those supressed emotions to surface and disapear leaving the space to experience the joy of nature and the simple things in life.

At 55 I feel more full of life, happy and energetic than I have in decades. Of course I still have challenges as we all do, the difference is that now, nothing seems that big anymore, nothing has the power to effect me the way it used to and I am able to solve things with a calmness that regularly meditating with LifeFlow has allowed me to discover.

I wish you an abundance of peace and joy on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)

P.S. My daughter is a great fan of yours :)

7. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

Hi Polyanna,

And many thanks for the welcome! I really feel that this is just what I need and will look forward to receiving the CD's.

And as for your daughter being a fan of mine :eek::eek::eek:!! I still find it cringemaking to be recognised or whatever, in fact, the first time I had to do book signings, some years ago now, at Badminton horse trials, I think all people saw of me was a hand coming up from under a table, attached somewhere to an arm!!:D But say hi to your daughter from me, and if she ( or you, come to that) are ever in Devon, to come and see us!

Heather