1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hi!! <-- New Member!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Nick7, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Nick7

Nick7 Member

Hey guys!! I found this site on google and had to join. I'm 14, and I've just began meditating (about 2 weeks ago) and would love to learn some more about it here. I've already had some cool/strange experiences while meditating. So yeah =D

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Nick and welcome to the Project Meditation community.

What sort of meditation are you practicing? Have you downloaded the free "discover meditation" course from here yet? If not I would recommend it.

Remember, meditation is not particularly about what is experienced during the meditation practice, but how it effects our day to day lives and ability to live in the present moment.

;)

Giles

3. Nick7

Nick7 Member

I've been doing the meditation where you just focus on your breathing. And I'll be sure to check out the download. =D

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yeah but the experiences can be quite cool for people at Nick´s age :D

Childrens play has the purpose of sharpening their senses, hand-eye coordination and so on. They arent aware of that, they´re just having fun... still it works :)

5. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Young people these days are more mature than we were, in some ways. It really depends. Physically they mature faster, including the brain, but society treats them as children for longer than before. So it is really not possible for anyone else to say whether this is child's play or a serious spiritual awakening. I know I was not much older when my life changed - I was 15 at the time. Of course, I am still playing in some ways. :) But this could really be the break of a lifetime.

So I would say, go for it. And keep going when it stops being cool. Everything can get boring when you do it every day, but that is when you start building your mental super powers! It will take months before you really start to notice them: Better concentration and memory, better sleep, less worries, people's opinions no longer have the power to change your mind, stupid people become less irritating, and you begin to catch the words you did not mean to say before they even leave your mouth. It is well worth the daily brushing of the brain during the less exciting months.

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

I wonder if this is now good or rather bad.... :p

7. Kauil

Kauil Member

I feel like a desirable state here would be to have no opinion-ridden mind to begin with... am I correct to say this? Give me your opinion on the matter please.

8. Panthau

Panthau Member

Uh oh, you want my opinion? :D

To not judge things, is the freedom of the mind... i guess thats something
    different than to have an opinion. Still i´d say that 99% of all opinions are useless junk (this opinion is included in those 99%).

To not judge other peoples opinion, is one thing... but to take them into account sometimes, is another. At least as long, as we arent enlightened yet ;)

9. Genius

Genius Member

Even I am a newbie to meditation. Been practicing for only a few weeks now. And I have a question.

What to think of/visualise while I am in a meditative state?
    I feel quite confused in this area as my thoughts keep wandering while I am meditating.

Any insight would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

10. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

No, I refer to something else. When you are in the presence of someone with a strong mind, or a group of like-minded people, you may start to doubt things you know when you are alone, or believe things that you don't when you are alone. When they are no longer with you, you revert to your normal understanding, unless you have committed yourself in some way or spent a long time with them. This, especially the group pressure, is a big problem for teenagers, and unfortunately also for many adults.

By getting firmly in touch with your inner center you will not be blown around by the winds of charisma or peer pressure.

To revise your understanding when you learn more is good and wise.

11. Nick7

Nick7 Member

Ah, yes, people's opinions used to sway me, they still do, just not as much now. And meditating is quite fun. =D

12. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

In the deep meditative state, you don't think or visualize. It is a state of profound quiet of the mind. You are present, but you don't do anything, not even mentally. However, this does not come easily to most people. First you need to learn to simply observe your thoughts and feelings as they arise, rather than being or doing them.

If you have not already, I recommend that you download the free Discover Meditation course, and practice using a mantra as described there.

13. veggietovegan

veggietovegan Member

I am new here, so I have not yet downloaded the Discover Meditation course. What is it all about? I guess I have to browse around a bit more.

14. GilesC

GilesC Member

Download it. It's free. ;)

15. Edwin

Edwin Member