hi, im t.j. - now i sleep!

Discussion in 'Project Meditation - Success Stories' started by mammatj, May 19, 2008.

1. mammatj

mammatj Member

i havent slept well in over 20 years, but since meditating, i take about 5 minutes to fall asleep now. a big improvement, now getting 8 hours good sleep instead of just 2or3 restless hours! my mental health has improved as a result. thankyou so much for this wonderful course.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi t.j. I'm so happy for you. Yes it truly is amazing.... and it just keeps getting better :) I wish you joy and happiness :) :) :)

3. Issa

Issa Member

Lifeflow 3

I've had insomnia for years until I started using Lifeflow 3 on repeat at night. Now, I can sleep for hours uninterrupted. In fact, I think I'm sleeping too much lately! It's an unusual experience!

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Issa, having read a number of posts, regular LifeFlow and meditation has helped many people to sleep well, including me (thank goodness :)) Lying awake for hours was one of the worst symptoms of the menopause for me. That and feeling hot :eek: Sleeping like a baby again is such a relief ;)

I've copied the following from F.A.Q.'s for you about looping the C.D.'s all night long:-

..........When you first drift off to sleep you pass down through the levels of alpha, then theta, then delta where you remain in the deepest levels of sleep for a period of time before heading back upwards in the opposite direction until you reach alpha again. It's all one big cycle and once it has completed it starts all over again.

The length of time required for one complete cycle is 60 to 90 minutes on average and varies from person to person. What does change from cycle to cycle is the amount of time you spend in those deepest levels of delta where you get your deepest sleep. With each successive cycle, the time you spend down at the bottom in delta grows shorter and shorter. The overall cycle remains about the same but your recuperative delta sleep decreases with every loop.

Take LifeFlow® 10, for instance, which is an alpha frequency. That's great for beginning to drift off, but what about when your brain is ready to move on down to the deeper theta and delta levels? Is that 10Hz entrainment track interfering with your brain's efforts to get down deeper than alpha? If that is the case then you would be getting robbed of the deeper levels of sleep or at least they would be less than optimum. I think I would be inclined to put the entrainment track on without looping it so that once it plays through all the way it shuts off. Then let nature take its course.

You could always try playing a lower entrainment track like a theta or delta to fall asleep with. That might help you get down to and perhaps even remain in those deeper, more recuperative levels of sleep for a long period, at least during your first sleep cycle. I think I'd still be tempted to let the track end after the first time through rather than looping it............

I believe Michael has been busy creating a couple of very special tracks for the New Year and I think one of them will be specifically for sleep ;) More than that, I am not at liberty to say.

Hope this helps and continue to wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)