1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hi, I'm Stegg

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Stegg, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Stegg

Stegg Member

... real name David, but Stegg to my friends.
    I am a quietly committed Christian with leanings towards Buddhist teachings, but the one thing that eludes me is meditation, hence my enrolment to this community.
    I am presently going through a stressful time as I have links to Kenya, a country which is going through torment at the moment. I share the torment, sitting safely in my home in the UK, but feeling that I should be in Kenya, helping with the refugees and orphans that the troubles are creating.
    I am the UK director of a Kenyan-based NGO, which, being small, has fallen apart during this crisis, as people flee their homes and posts, becoming non-contactable.
    I am arranging to go to Kenya next month, when I hope that the violence will have subsided, although I know that the bad feeling will not have. I pray that, being a European, I will not be the target of any aggression.
    So, I hope that learning how to meditate will help me to see the way ahead more clearly in my mission to help Kenyans (in a small way) to survive their present trauma.