1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hi i'm divinitywolf

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Divinitywolf, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Hi i'm new here and have started zen meditation as i'm practically a buddhist and love the zen buddhism approach and beliefs.
    I stumbled across this site and think its a great site.
    I would also like to ask some questions though.

i read somewhere that it could be dangerous switching from different methods of meditation. With the downloads, will they be different methods? or will they just help me meditate as i'm not sure whether changing my current method would be a good idea.

Thanks and I'm glad to have joined here.

Divinitywolf

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  2. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

Hi and welcome

Who told you it was dangerous to switch meditation techniques?

Did they say why?

I have not heard of it being dangerous to try new techniques.

What method are you practicing anyway?

Im sure LifeFlow would only enhance whatever technique you currently use! PW ;)

3. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

It was on a website somewhere. I probably cant find it now. I was just researching meditation when i found it.

I'm currently practising Zen meditation where you focus on the breathing and just let any thoughts just flow away and continue focusing on your breathing. Its a good way of exercising being able to clear your mind.

4. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

Ahhh okay!!

Have you tried LifeFlow 10 yet along side your zen technique?

I would be interested to know how you get along with both.

PW ;)

5. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

I haven't yet as i'm going to listen to the Discover Meditation cd's first but its hard to fit in the time to listen to it. But i have a week off next week so i'll listen to them both then.
    But i'll tell you how i get on.
    I'm also going to try and win this months prize as it might be the only prize that doesn't involve me giving out my address and getting something posted all the way to my house.
    I like the fact that this prize is purely online based.

6. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

You asked me to notify you how i was getting on and i've tried both methods now.
    When i try the mantra it seems akward because my mantra just plays along in time to my breathing and i end up subconsciously changing my breathing to stop this from happening which means i start breathing irregularly.
    So i think i'll stick to the breathing method as it helps me clear my mind easier and my mind gets clearer each day. Eventually i wont need to focus on anything as i'll easily be able to have a clear mind and i can just sit there and meditate without any mantra or breathing excersises.

7. goose

goose Member

I also use the zen meditation style,

In the begining it was weird having the lifeFlow 10 playing in the background while trying to clear my mind, but after getting used to it I found it actually really stimulating to clear my mind of thoughts, and the meditation itself seems to make me even more relaxed and focussed when I am finnished.

I think the cd is great! :)

8. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

I agree Goose.
    The lifeflow seemed... "noisy" at first as i was used to silence but i got used to it very quickly and now i don't notice it. I know its there and i listen to it but its as if it blends in to the silence.
    Its hard to explain but i hope that makes sense to at least one person ;)

9. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Member

Hi

:) Hi divinitywolf
    I didn't realise that you were recently new to the site, I've noticed your username alot.
    I am interested in the beliefs of buddhism too and as I begin to feel a little better and I'm able to concentrate a little better i intend to read up on it. My mum in law gave me a book called buddhism without beliefs so thats a starting point, do you have any reading source recommendations?

Gilli :)

10. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

What i would reccomend is typing into google "Buddhism Wikipedia" and click on the Wikipedia link.
    Wikipedia is just a massive source of information for well... everything! and it has TONS on buddhism and all the different beliefs.
    The important thing to remember with buddhism is that there are no rules. To be a buddhist you don't need to meditate for 3 hours a day and you DON'T need to pray to buddha. Its important that you find your own path and hopefully though meditation i aim to discover more of myself than i ever thought possible.

Also yes i am quite a new member but i've become quite attached to this site and have been posting a lot and i see you have too :)

Hope that helped

Divinitywolf

11. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Member

Hi again divinitywolf :)
    Yes I have been posting quite a lot as I'm all but housebound, got m.e or c.f.s as its new title (chronic fatigue syndrome), have been pretty rough when I couldn't even feed myself so I'm grateful that I can now manage to get around the house!
    I have never been able to switch off and have tried to be too many things to too many people, hence the need to meditate and i am so glad that I googled this site.
    Wishing you well with your journey
    Gilli :p

12. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Ouch! That must be hard for you but joining this website has taken you on the right path to complete happiness.
    I'm glad you've found what you're looking for here. I really am.
    If i'm allowed, and if i win the referal competition then i'd be happy to share the mp3's from medi heaven with you as you seem like you need lots of relaxation and happiness and you seem like a really nice person.

13. methetate

methetate Member

Lifeflow10

People have said lying down and hearing lifeflow is not a good idea but I find it is the only way I can relax and listen and meditate without doing anything else. Sometimes I put the headphones on and listen and I do some work and find I can concentrate much better but that's a separate thing.

14. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Yes lying down seems absolutely fine and only seems to be an issue for some people.
    Listening while doing work is also good, especially if it helps you concentrate :)