1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

1. tameyourmind

tameyourmind Member

Well, here I am. I downloaded the course about two months ago, and only now do I realise that this is just what I needed. I felt a bit stupid trying meditation; I still feel as if I'm inviting comments when I talk about it. I guess I've met a lot of people who like to tell you how awesome they are. I also felt silly because I didn't have a large problem; it was more the general malaise of things. Now I see that feeling burnt out was probably as dangerous than an addiction or a neurosis.

I'm Andy, I'm 15, and I love Michael Mackenzie even more for his voice.

Thanks Michael. I look forward to when some people wake up. Almost Midnight.

2. Maitreya

Maitreya Member

Hello. I'm newer to the programme itself than you are, but a greeting cannot hurt, no matter from whom. :)

Warmest welcomes, I'm certain most else will wish the same, or at least not otherwise.

I downloaded the Discover Meditation guided meditation for the first time at the beginning of this month, so I most certainly am a very beginner to this particular brand of meditation, and am new to meditating daily.

But after only three days (of having started again after accidentally skipping a day :p) I feel better than any one could ask to feel, with an opened insight into the world and a love for all things.

I, too, commend Michael for having the voice of a narrator--it makes the audios that much easier to listen to! It's difficult to relax when every four seconds there is a loud sputtering as if someone is spitting into your ear.

And may be in a greeting is the wrong place to say this, but I also particularly love the music at the ends of the sessions...They truly are wonderful for a meditation on metta.

Anyway, welcome Andy. My birth name is Scott (but it's rather bland and even my friends don't call me that name), so just call me Maitreya. :)

Best Wishes.

P.S. - I, my self, am only sixteen years old. I never like to say that, because it makes me feel as if that makes my opinion nullified and naive. No matter how smart you are, you just are never taken seriously unless you are an adult--which is ridiculous because there are quite as many trustworthy teenagers as adults.

So I cannot even give advice to people who know my age, because they always think, "He's only sixteen, how much can he possibly know." But most of the lessons of life I was taught by age ten, through my own intense suffering.

Hopefully my own age can be support to your own position.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Well done Andy, you've proved you have courage!

Hi Andy and welcome to this great community. WOW 15 years old - you should be very proud of yourself for showing so much courage. I completely understand where you are coming from when you say "I felt a bit stupid trying meditation" I felt just the same years ago and I was certainly older than 15 then. You don't need to have any problems to "simply put" find some peace and calm within through meditation. I believe it's one of the most natural aids we have. I hope you read Michael's reports on what project meditation can do for you - in particular "map of reality" Well done and I wish you much happiness, P :)

4. tameyourmind

tameyourmind Member

Thanks

Thanks Maitreya and polyanna.

Maitreya, your post and your P.S. made me feel a lot better! Particularly true is what you say about feeling naive when you express an opinion, especially when the reactions are generally discouraging. I would have waxed lyrical about it, but I was worried that there would be adults who wouldn't listen. =] Good luck with your meditation.

polyanna, I agree that meditation is for anyone. It is unfortunate that I had to climb the mountain to see the road beneath me.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes.