1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hey Everyone!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Deeks, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Deeks

Deeks Member

Hi Everyone, I just downloaded the 4 cd trial, and I am away to give it a go! I am a very busy civil engineer, with young kids and some intense meditaton would be great. I used to use very deep prayer to reach meditation like state years ago, but this has all gone with kids and a very busy job. How do people actually fit meditation into busy life?

Looking forward to getting to know you all,

Deeks

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Deeks and welcome to the community.

When I first started meditation a few years back I too wondered how I was going to fit it in.
    For the first few weeks, I had to force myself to get up half an hour earlier in the morning so I could spend 20 minutes meditating, and then asked my partner to let me have half an hour before eating in the evening after work, so I could fit in a second meditation.

After time, it because easier to get up earlier and the meditation actually left me feeling like I didn't need as much sleep anyway. I now do lifeflow and meditation first thing in the morning and the evening meditation happens whenever I can fit it in as my evening schedule varies.

As they say, if you want something enough, you'll make time for it.

Hugs

Giles.

3. Anglepen

Anglepen Member

Hello Deeks!

You've started down a path that, if continued, will provide you with a lifetime of advanced ability to cope with stress, emotional upheaval and provide you with the base for a contented and peaceful life.
    Its a path we all here are on, so you'll see us on your journey and we are all here to help each other.

Take care
    Kev

4. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

You could indeed ask how you can manage a busy life without meditation...
    If we don't have meditation (or some such) in our life, we are likely to pay the price in either more sleep or more sickness. If we do not agree to quiet, we may be forced into it.

5. Deeks

Deeks Member

Thanks!

Fitting meditation into my life will be challenging but I am hopeful of a solution, my 3 yr old is usually up before anyone at 06:00, and never really settles past 20:45pm. Reading the posts I assume it would be best for me to get up 5am for a 40min meditation, and get to sleep about 10pm after another session - is this about right? Should I start of easy with just 20minute session in the morning? Any tips would be very welcome! :)

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

How about meditating in the same room of your child when he is asleep ?
    I can guarantee you that he or she won't wake up while you are meditating !

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

That's a great suggestion Edwin - it also reminded me of what happened about a week ago. My 6 and 8 year old grangchildren had stayed overnight, the weather had been around 30 degrees for quite a few days and there had been a number of birthday and leaving celebrations creating a few later nights than normal.

On this particular day we had organised to partake in the evening community forest walk with all the family and so it was going to be another later than normal night for the children. After lunch they were keeping cool in the pool, then I became aware of them becoming argumentative with each other.

I told them we need to dry off and go to do LF (they are used to studying and going to sleep to LF so there was no resistance) and the three of us lay on my bed and listened to LF3 over open speakers. I did my usual hour and they slept for about 90 minutes - we were all renewed and fresh as daisies later :) :) :)

8. Anglepen

Anglepen Member

Thats a great idea Pollyanna

In fact in recent weeks i have been trying to teach my daughter (5yr old) who has trouble getting off to sleep as she has such an active mind.
    I have had her laying perfectly still and counting her breaths with her eyes closed, it often works within minutes, I hadn't thought of playing LF through her stereo, I may try that this week. Thanks for the idea! :)