1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

1. Nanette

Nanette Member

Hello everyone:

I just purchased LifeFlow today and have downloaded all of the guided meditations and project meditation as well.

I've listened to LifeFlow 10 today and I am already feeling the benefits. This evening, I'll begin using the meditations on a daily basis.

I look forward to this journey.

Nanette

2. Ross

Ross Member

Hi Nanette,

I'm pretty new here myself. This seems to be a slow-paced, but very supportive forum. There's a nice range of subjects and MP3 files for the newcomer to access. I'm just now incorporating the Creativity and Optimal Learning sessions into my daily routine.

Do you have specific goals in meditation that you're trying to achieve or simply adding quality to your lifestyle?

Sincere Welcome.

Ross

3. Nanette

Nanette Member

Goals for Meditation

Hi Ross:

First, thank you for the warm welcome. It is appreciated :)

I actually do have some goals for my meditation.

I meditated regularly in the 1980's and achieved some astounding results. Amongst them was an experience I wanted to ask if anyone else has had.

While meditating one day, I experienced what I can only describe as an "explosion" in my heart chakra. This was felt physically. At the very same moment, I was filled with the most inexpressible joy.

Before that day, I have to admit that I had a potty mouth. It was something I was working on, but not having a heck of a lot of success. Once I experienced this "explosion", I was a changed person. With no effort on my part, I simply no longer had a potty mouth. My french temper was also completely gone. And that joy???....it continued. I even remember thinking to myself that no one can feel this good all the time. But, I did.

For reasons I don't understand and can't explain, I gradually stopped meditating. The joy diminished and the potty mouth and temper eventually returned. I allowed myself to stagnate until yesterday, when I purchased LifeFlow.

My goal is to return to meditating as a daily practice. My husband passed away on 5/22 (last month) and my life seems to be falling apart in every area...financially, emotionally..spiritually.

I'm hoping that by returning to meditation I'll once again find the peace I used to have. I'm hoping that I'll be able to handle my life circumstances without stress, anger or despair. I'm hoping to stop smoking as well.
    And lastly but not least, I'm hoping to regain that connection that I felt so strongly after the "explosion" experience, because right now I feel very lost.

Sincerely,

Nanette

4. Raven

Raven Member

Finding peace

Nanette,

I'm truly sorry to hear of your recent loss. As someone who also experienced the loss of a spouse and child (I was only 33 when my first wife and child were killed,) I have a suggestion I hope will help you. At this particular moment in time, so soon after a loss, it is difficult to think clearly because of the turmoil of the grief. The natural inclination is to look to "something" or to "other people" as the relief to your pain.

What I learned in dealing with my own loss was that ultimately I had to face my feelings and look them directly in the eye so to speak, until I could look at them without flinching away.

It doesn't make logical sense because our entire way of life is based on the idea that pain is something to be avoided as much as possible. So we develop a habit of doing whatever it takes to keep pain at bay. In small matters we can get away with hiding from our pain like that for a good long while.

But in matters of pain such as I faced, and like what you are probably facing right now, avoiding the pain by looking to something or someone is at best a sort of crutch. If you continue to cling to a crutch beyond its useful period, it ends up crippling you more than helping. A crutch might be useful, even essential for a short while, during that period in which we are in shock. But as the shock begins to wane a little, remain open to that moment when the crutch will have served its purpose and the time is right to set it aside. I think the timing is probably unique to each individual, but I believe you'll know when the moment is appropriate.

When that moment comes, look at your pain and allow yourself to experience it without trying to push it away, change it, pretend it doesn't exist, or to disallow it in any other way. It will be terrifying and it will hurt like hell but from my own experience I can promise you that once you open yourself up and see that the pain isn't beyond your capacity to accept; it doesn't "own you", then much of the fear it carries begins to fade, and with that fading the pain itself becomes more and more manageable.

I can say with complete honesty that after having faced my own pain I grew stronger, and my life now is the best it has ever been and it just keeps getting better. There is peace, even after tragic loss. I give you my word.

~R~

5. Ross

Ross Member

Nanette,
    I’m very sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. You certainly seem to be at a point of considerable transition, challenge and change. There’s no doubt that re-connecting with the inner strength and source of joy you experienced for a while in your life will improve your capacity to welcome and work through the days ahead.

Your experience of having your heart chakra open as it did is fascinating. Many people work for years to open each of their lower chakras one at a time and never get beyond the third chakra… the fourth is a major shift. I hope you’re able to achieve that success again, and more. Sometimes those things occur when the dynamics of our lives just seem to all line up and our energies raise us to a higher spiritual level. Many people think those dynamics have to be all positive, but there are those who have attained very high spiritual achievements under less than ideal circumstances. Struggle is quite often associated enlightenment.

I think that with LifeFlow assisting your development, you’ll certainly have a far better chance of reclaiming the energy level you once attained. Good luck with it.

Ross

6. Nanette

Nanette Member

Hello Raven:

Thank you for your insight.

I've also suffered the loss of a child. When I was 31 (many moons ago), my then 12 year old son was killed by a drunk driver.

Just so you know, I don't intend to use meditation as a crutch. Instead, I intend to use at as an instrument or tool. I have no intention of avoiding the pain. In fact, the pain I feel over my husband's loss is somewhat minimized by the various other things the Universe decided to deliver at my doorstep within the 4 weeks since his passing.

I know that meditation is a way that I can calm the outer noise so I can deal with the inner. When I began meditating in the late '70's, I learned that meditation can be a remarkable tool to use in conjunction with healing.

Thank you for sharing with me.

Nanette

7. Nanette

Nanette Member

Hi Ross:

Thank you for your encouraging words.

At the time I experienced the opening of my heart chakra, I meditated with no purpose. It was a time when I was seeking a reconnection with my Creator. Not the type of connection I had been taught to seek by the church, but something far different and more intimate.

I think perhaps because I achieved the success I did was directly related to my lack of a specific purpose in my meditation coupled with a new and deeper personal understanding of my relationship with my Creator.

I'm reading through all of the forum threads here and looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing in their experiences.

Namaste,

Nanette