1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello :)

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Morghana, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Morghana

Morghana Member

Hiya,
    I am Morghana. A mom of 5, and starting Massage Therapy School. I have used mediation most of my life. I taught my oldest son mediation in order to control his anger issues, he is 23 now and still uses it daily!

Morghana

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hi Morghana !

Welcome to the forum.
    I am planning to teach my children meditation too when they reach a suitable age.
    What age did you start with your son ?

3. Morghana

Morghana Member

Hello!
    I started with my son at age 5, using guided imagery, the way a therapist had taught me so he could deal with his temper. I use the same technique with my 2 younger daughters now who are 9 and 12, they dont have anger issues, they just simply enjoy it.
    My older daughter will be signing up here, if she hasn't already, because she likes what I have told her so far.

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Wow that's cool, I didn't know you could start with meditation that early !

I don't think I will start with my oldest daughter ( almost 6 ) just yet, I think I need a professional who knows what he is doing, I would guess kids this age need "tailor made" meditation...

5. criticalmico

criticalmico Member

Meditation with kids

Hi. I'm 26 and I don't have kids but I'd really want to know if anyone here has also tried to teach meditation to their kids.

And if so, what do they say about it? Can you see changes?