1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by cswaly, Jan 2, 2008.

1. cswaly

cswaly Member

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Meditation though I have tried a few times before. I was Introduced to LifeFlow some time last year and thought that it was quite amazing. Its very nice to see the community here and how everyone is eager to share their thoughts and insights on meditation. One of the problems I face is that I will think of trying meditation then will get caught up with that and then forget about it for a while. I thought of doing it while I am travelling to work in the train, but the problem is its just too noisy. Anyways, I will post on other sections. Would just like to say hello and Thanks to Michael to bring everyone together in this community.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  2. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

Welcome to the gang!!!

Nice to meet you!

Getting caught up is natural! Have you tried setting a certain time in the day for your practice?

Try early morning or late at night if you're busy... It's usually the time when we have most free time and so we can't make excuses...

I meditate on my lunch break usually but find an evening meditation very deep sometimes too!

I would suggest to set a time and try that!!! as the advert says: "YOURE WORTH IT" PW ;)

3. cswaly

cswaly Member

Thanks for that PW,

Well, I think thats my problem, I thought I would do it early morning but then can't wake up since its winter months, but I know once I start I wouldn't even need all that sleep. I am going to try and set a time for evenings, sometimes I worry that if I do it at night then maybe I would not be able to sleep properly. so thats why I havent done that.

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

I think it is amazing how meditation has a different effect on people, and all positive !
    I started meditation to end my insomnia ( and succeeded, YAY ) and discovered my sleeping improved even more when meditating half an hour before going to bed.

You seem to have it the other way around, and I think that is both interesting and amusing ! I just can't get over how complicated the human body really is :)