1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

1. Lostboy

Lostboy Member

Good morning to you all.

I am going through a bad period and I am suffering from depression and anxiety and taking medication. I used the free sample around Christmas and it helped me get through a bad period so I have just started the programme and using level 10.

At first I did not like level 10 as much as the free sample but after a few goes I have experienced some strange effects. Two days a go I was a long way into the session and then I had a very vivid image of an upsetting incident when I was younger and I actually started crying. I rode it out and finished the session. Today while I was meditating my head was really sweating but I was not hot.

I am hoping that these are normal / releasing and it is due to the industrial strength CD. I am desperate to get my life back on track and get the real me back , not just for myself but for my wife and children .

I will keep you updated on my progress and welcome any help / hints to assist me reach my goal.

Love

Lostboy

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Lostboy and welcome to the community,

Meditation and Brainwave entrainment can certainly bring up some things from the past, but that's not a bad thing, it's a way to recognise that we're holding onto these past things and we need to deal with them so we can let them go.

There are many techniques that can be of benefit, and some will suit one person more than another. For example, when you're meditating and something comes up, you can actually try to put your full focus onto it, not to try and become attached to it and see where it goes, but to actually focus on it and question it... what is that emotion I'm feeling, what shape does it take, what colour is it, what senses is it stimulating etc.... and the more you try and focus on it the more you'll find you can't get to it (which at first may seem frustrating - but stick with it)... and the more you'll realise that that thing from the past doesn't really exist in the present moment, it's just a memory that your mind is conjuring up emotions and feelings for that are no longer relevant.

Along with that, you could find that something comes up and it's upsetting or disturbing or something like that, and you want to deal with it. You could then look at something like Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) which is a complementary therapy (affectionately known as Psychological Accupuncture without the needles). There are many practitioners of it worldwide who could help you, though you can also learn the techniques for free online (just search and I'm sure you'll find them). A practitioner may give you better results as they can assist from outside the issue(s) your wanting to resolve, though it can work wonders to self-treat on many aspects, if you just learn the techniques for yourself (and if you're not sure of anything just ask on here, and some people will be able to guide - like myself).

I also definitely recommend the link Polly has provided... it is long, but it's a wonderful read and very enlightening. I had to read it a few times just to really get it all in, but it was worth it.

Hugs

Giles