1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

1. nessar8

nessar8 Member

;) I'm Vanessa. How's everyone doing.;)? I this started meditating recently. and I have not been able to get focused. It's seems like everytime I start to meditate. I just can't focus. I move around a lot in my seat.I can't keep my eyes close. when that happens what should I do. Stop meditating and start over. Has this ever happened to one ?:( what should I do?

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Venessa and welcome to the Project Meditation community.

Yes, it's quite common to have difficulty focusing when you first start practicing meditation. Some people find it easier than others, but it can depend on yourself and how active your mind is, and what distractions there may be around you.

What type/style of meditation are you practicing?
    When are you trying to meditate?
    Where are you meditating?

Hugs

Giles

3. nessar8

nessar8 Member

Help

I like to meditate about 5 o'clock in the morning. in about 9 o'clock at night I
    winding down. about 9:30. I'm ready to meditate. I don't have a method. I have tried chanting. and clearing my mind of all thoughts. but just don't work. and now I feel like giving up. :confused . when I first started meditating. I was focused and relaxed. but now I just don't know what happened. what should I do keep trying.

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thats what meditation is about - dont do or expect anything. Just take this time each day for your to sit down, and watch your breath or your mantra (or whatever method you prefer).

If you have problems doing that, for whatever reason, watch those problems... watch yourself having problems. And then you might be able to let go of those problems. Or not. Then keep watching them. :)

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi again Venessa,

Why not download the free "Discover Meditation" CD's from this site and have a go with those. They use a mantra (a sound or 'word' you keep repeating in mind) as the technique, which can be quite effective.

Here's a link to the CD's...

http://www.project-meditation.org/project-meditation.zip

Hugs

Giles