1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

1. Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker Member

Hello there :) I have been using Lifeflow now for a week, firstly just the Discover meditation practise so im just beginning to feelo the benefits; but i do feel them already! Just slightly, already i've noticed i'm a little bit calmer and my thoughts areen't so all over the place. Im a 2o year old woman who suffers very badly from anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress, and chronic pain and tension all over my body due from all the emotional issues (Fibromyalgia) So...yeah im really excited about this programme, and happy to be a part of it. One thing i am wondering though is ARE THE MANTRAS NECESSARY? does it make meditation less effective?? I dont enjoy using them, i can't relax properly.

2. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

Hi Skyseeker

:) Welcome

If a mantra does not suit you there is absolutely no reason to use one.
    It is good to have an object for your meditation to begin with as the mind is a slippery creature and tries to do everything but meditate.

Objects people use are varied -

the breath - just be aware of the breath coming in and going out - it will probably feel a bit forced at first as observing it makes it feel as if you are breathing too deliberately. You can observe at the nostrils or be aware of the rising and falling of the belly as you breathe in and out.

You can count breaths - 1-10 and keep repeating - sometimes going backwards to stop yourself just falling into a sleepy repetition.

You can just hold yourself in awareness, noting everything that presents itself - ie pressure, thought, frustration, tingling, ache, heaviness, itching, etc etc

You can begin with 2 or 3 deeper breaths and on the out breath each time let the body relax. The just let the breath do what it does and let your attention move round the body. On each out breath allow the part of your body you are observing to relax and move to another part.

Hope that's enough to choose from.

Have a great adventure!
    peace and joy
    H

3. Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker Member

Thank you. Yes that does help a lot!